Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun

Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun
    (Hakkenden: The Strange Tale of Eight Dogs of the East)

Debut day: January 5th 2013
    Episodes: 12
    Author: Miyuki Abe
    Genre: Shoujo, supernatural
    Official site: http://hakken-den.com

Spoiler: Preview show

Spoiler: Staff show

Opening Theme:
    "God FATE" by Faylan
    Ending Theme:
    "String of pain" by Tetsuya Kakihara

Cast

Shino Inuzuka
    Tetsuya Kakihara
    Sosuke Inukawa
    Satoshi Hino
    Hamaji
    Ayahi Takagaki
    Murasame
    Nobuhiko Okamoto
    Genpachi Inukai
    Tomoaki Maeno
    Kobungo Inuta
    Takuma Terashima

Story

They would have lost their lives if they did not make the choice back then.
    The legendary eight beads and their owners…
    One is for someone important, and one is for his life as a human.

The story of a destiny to encounter and fights lead by the beads, have just begun.

Source:
    - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anim...nter/hakkenden
    - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=14433

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun

Short impression on episode 1:
    I liked the colors, but i prefer Shino's hair from manga.
    The fight should have been longer and the preview is confusing (it looks like part of the episode).
    There was a part that i thought "WTF", cause i thought it was still the episode and not preview.
    Anyway, it just introduced the characters and told us a bit of the plot, we know that the main characters were about to die and the big blondie bishie came and "rescued" them.

Ah, fencer_x posted this: "Pillars in Ikebukuro Station decorated to promote Hakkenden."
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Asclepius; January 12, 2013 at 06:45 AM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I like what I see so far... The whole mystery thing (Murasame, the birth mark, and so on) is interesting and I'd like to know more which is why I'm impatient to see the next eps.
    The characters are also interesting. Shino was raised as a girl? *chuckle* Oh dear, I think I prefer his girl look since he was so beautiful. I really can't imagine that the doll-like Shino five years ago has become a brat like he is now... He reminds me a lot of Natsu since they are both brats and voiced by Kakki.
    Sousuke reminds me of Ruka (Alice Academy) who has animal pheromone.. He is so gentlemanly that I can't believe there's a guy like him there..
    I wonder if there will be something between Hamaji and Kaname? They look good together.
    And God... Riou! He's so pretty! I always squeal every time he shows up. I believe he's the prettiest guy in the show (aside from Shino five years ago though ). I'm a bit disturbed by how he was voiced by Kamiyan though... I don't think his voice fits Riou's personality.
    Now I just realized that this show has a lot of famous seiyuu.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It is the only series I am watching at the moment. It has potential. Good characters, intriguing plot, and good animation overall.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Anime Gets 2nd Season

Quote Quote:
    Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Anime Gets 2nd Season

Miyuki Abe's supernatural reimagining of samurai novel already inspired Winter anime

The May issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Asuka Ciel magazine is announcing on Saturday that a second season of the Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East television anime series has been green-it. The anime adapts Miyuki Abe's original manga that reimagines the setting from the classic Hakkenden samurai novel as a female-oriented story with supernatural elements.

The series stars the voice cast members Tetsuya Kakihara as Shino Inuzuka, Satoshi Hino as Sōsuke Inukawa, Ayahi Takagaki as Hamaji, and Nobuhiko Okamoto as Murasame. Other cast members include Daisuke Namikawa, Hiroshi Kamiya, Shinichiro Miki, Jun'ichi Miyake, Takuma Terashima, and Tomoaki Maeno.

The series premiered in Japan on January 5. Crunchyroll streamed the first season in various countries outside of Japan as it airs, and Sentai Filmworks licensed the first season for North America.
    Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ets-2nd-season

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Second season starts on July 7th.

I only finished watching the first season 2 weeks ago. I really liked it. The first episode is confusing, but the rest isn't. Now i can understand the story better, cause the manga had a confusing translation.

Preview image for season 2.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Preview of second season:

---------- Post added July 10, 2013 at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was July 05, 2013 at 09:45 AM ----------

Just watched the first episode of second season.
    Now i am seeing unknow territory. I dropped the manga before this part cause the translations were confusing.

We get to know another member of one of the 4 houses. Just one is lacking now, right?
    I have to re-watch the first season.

Anyway, cute kittens and Shino crossdressing plus gay hints to entertain (it made me laugh). A good start for a second season. I'll keep watching it.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot is the only factor binding me to this series. Otherwise, I don't like the characters much. Some are intriguing but as a whole not my favorite cast. Hopefully, we will get more info about Princess Fuse and her actions. Correct me if I am mistaken, in the flashback, it was Rio? And great to see another member of the 4 houses.

New Reply