Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Do you think kishi cheated you !?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 39.29%
  • No

34 60.71%
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I feel like Kishi betrayed us!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I feel Kishi betrayed us !!

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    First off, i am sorry if someone else already said this or you changed your opinion or added something to it, i did not read all of the 8 pages.

I just want to ask you when Naruto after the TS worked his butt off to grow stronger without any asspull? Naruto was supposed to be the talentless guy who actually really has to work hard to achieve things but let´s review what happened:
    First he comes back after 2 and a half years training, in which he actually had time to work his butt off, with the apparently strongest ninja of Konoha, but the only thing he learned was a bigger Rasengan, a way to free himself from a Genjutsu, which the first time he tried did not work anyway, and of course being way easier to provoke. But then he completes a Jutsu which the extremely talented, 4th Hokage, who had several years to achieve the jutsu, or Naruto´s master, who had a lifetime to complete the jutsu, could not complete and he did it in a few days (forgot the exact number) even though he did not even know about elemental chakra before. Hmm, that does not sound like hard work succeeding over talent. The same happened with Sage Mode. He learned it faster than Jiraiya and was even able to perfect it (i guess you can´t have a protagonist that looks like a frog). And finally, we have his Kyuubi power ups, i guess those do not need a comment.

I admit that the word "betrayed" is way too harsh, i would chose disappointed but that does not change the fact that imo shafagh is right.
    yeah naruto is so back and forth, he does crazy shit like learn rasengan in like a month but cant learn anything else lol honestly if i was a naruto villain id chop his arms off.

kishi need to be consistent with naruto portrayal, if narutos an idiot make him an idiot, if hes a genius make him a genius. i hate having naruto get built up in his fights just to have him go back to being an idiot and relying on power ups right after. he should be past that already

betrayed is actually a perfect word. kishi made the story out in part 1 to be about strategy not just mega jutsu, where ninjas won with smarts not just giant jutsu and power ups. its like hes trying to make the manga like dbz, except theres plot holes everywhere and hashirama cells were used to cover them up.

kishi shouldve stuck to the theme of part 1 and not switched up his style, i think thats what really damaged the manga, people liked to seeing ninjas being ninjas and the strategies. he didnt need to add these super jutsu and mega power ups, some feel forced and outta place like hashirama cells(cough, cough)

the originality of naruto has faded, i feel like kishi got lazy otherwise hashirama cells wouldnt be the solution to the worlds problems
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 01, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    First off, i am sorry if someone else already said this or you changed your opinion or added something to it, i did not read all of the 8 pages.

I just want to ask you when Naruto after the TS worked his butt off to grow stronger without any asspull? Naruto was supposed to be the talentless guy who actually really has to work hard to achieve things but let´s review what happened:
    First he comes back after 2 and a half years training, in which he actually had time to work his butt off, with the apparently strongest ninja of Konoha, but the only thing he learned was a bigger Rasengan, a way to free himself from a Genjutsu, which the first time he tried did not work anyway, and of course being way easier to provoke. But then he completes a Jutsu which the extremely talented, 4th Hokage, who had several years to achieve the jutsu, or Naruto´s master, who had a lifetime to complete the jutsu, could not complete and he did it in a few days (forgot the exact number) even though he did not even know about elemental chakra before. Hmm, that does not sound like hard work succeeding over talent. The same happened with Sage Mode. He learned it faster than Jiraiya and was even able to perfect it (i guess you can´t have a protagonist that looks like a frog). And finally, we have his Kyuubi power ups, i guess those do not need a comment.

I admit that the word "betrayed" is way too harsh, i would choose disappointed but that does not change the fact that imo shafagh is right.
    No problem

When he worked hard after the Timeskip?
    FRS training, Sage Mode training ( in between that completing FRS working on it every night ), Kyuubi Chakra mode training.
    Naruto returning from the training with Jiraiya weak as hell is plot:
    Kishi needed for Sasuke to widen the gap as it was at the beginning to part 1, otherwise it would be kinda anticlimatic if, say, Naruto would just lolpunch him when he tried to blitz him, don't you think? In fact after that Naruto's growth skyrocketed, passing from chunin to above Kage level in, what, 2 months?
    Jiraiya could just as easily teach him the trick of KB and basically teach him a lot of his jutsus.

I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it, because its an opinion that's set on the first chapter of the manga and ignores the other chapters after it.
    Naruto isn't a genius, isn't talented, but he thrives when he has something to do to protect his friends, or when he's aknowledged by someone.
    Remember the Gaara fight? With inferior means, Naruto destroyed the same opponent Sasuke almost died to cut off an arm of Sand.
    Why? Because he didn't fought for himself, but for Sasuke and Sakura, and his village.
    That's the whole point, bonds make Naruto stronger. Guess what? Every major power-up is a result of a bond:
    FRS to catch up to Sasuke and save him from Orochimaru, Sage Mode to avenge Jiraiya and protect the leaf, Bijuu Mode from his bond with Kyuubi.

And seeing as he's the main character, he can't remain the underdog forever.
    Rest assured though he will be against Sasuke

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    No problem

When he worked hard after the Timeskip?
    FRS training, Sage Mode training ( in between that completing FRS working on it every night ), Kyuubi Chakra mode training.
    Naruto returning from the training with Jiraiya weak as hell is plot:
    Kishi needed for Sasuke to widen the gap as it was at the beginning to part 1, otherwise it would be kinda anticlimatic if, say, Naruto would just lolpunch him when he tried to blitz him, don't you think? In fact after that Naruto's growth skyrocketed, passing from chunin to above Kage level in, what, 2 months?
    Jiraiya could just as easily teach him the trick of KB and basically teach him a lot of his jutsus.

I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it, because its an opinion that's set on the first chapter of the manga and ignores the other chapters after it.
    Naruto isn't a genius, isn't talented, but he thrives when he has something to do to protect his friends, or when he's aknowledged by someone.
    Remember the Gaara fight? With inferior means, Naruto destroyed the same opponent Sasuke almost died to cut off an arm of Sand.
    Why? Because he didn't fought for himself, but for Sasuke and Sakura, and his village.
    That's the whole point, bonds make Naruto stronger. Guess what? Every major power-up is a result of a bond:
    FRS to catch up to Sasuke and save him from Orochimaru, Sage Mode to avenge Jiraiya and protect the leaf, Bijuu Mode from his bond with Kyuubi.

And seeing as he's the main character, he can't remain the underdog forever.
    Rest assured though he will be against Sasuke
    bro the gap didnt need to be that big, they were near equals at the end of part 1. sasuke was always shown to be faster but not that much better at taijutsu than naruto. the fact that sasuke came and shit on everyone including yamato was waayyy to much. which is why naruto got power ups and 2 second training arcs instead of actually work he can claim as his own. gaining sage and kyuubi mode was a feat ill admit, but they were rushed... at least final kyuubi mode was. he shouldve had naruto learn some new things from jiraya cause it doesnt make sense for the strongest konoha nin to only teach him rasengan and genjutsu fail when hes been shown to use a vast multitude of jutsu. even if he couldnt use wind jutsu he traveled the world so he definitely couldve found friends and nin to help naruto in the aspects he couldnt

naruto shouldnt have got sage mode imho, its too much.naruto shouldve of surpassed jiraya by beatin gpain not becoming the sage in a month when jiraya spent a lifetime working on it and still didnt finish and i hate the fact that hes an uzumaki is a cover up, it still shouldve taken years regardless. i think he shouldve got the initial fox form when facing pain and then finished it with obito. him and the fox becoming bffgs over 30 chapters is rushed, but if it was over like 200 its makes a lot more sense as hes seeing narutos struggle and acutally using his powers for good instead of evil like other nins in the past. its better than him hating naruto to his very core and then having them give each other props 30 chapters later.

we need consistency
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 01, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    bro the gap didnt need to be that big, they were near equals at the end of part 1. sasuke was always shown to be faster but not that much better at taijutsu than naruto. the fact that sasuke came and shit on everyone including yamato was waayyy to much. which is why naruto got power ups and 2 second training arcs instead of actually work he can claim as his own. gaining sage and kyuubi mode was a feat ill admit, but they were rushed... at least final kyuubi mode was. he shouldve had naruto learn some new things from jiraya cause it doesnt make sense for the strongest konoha nin to only teach him rasengan and genjutsu fail when hes been shown to use a vast multitude of jutsu. even if he couldnt use wind jutsu he traveled the world so he definitely couldve found friends and nin to help naruto in the aspects he couldnt
    I said the beginning of Part 1, at the end I know they were near equals.
    At the beginning though Sasuke could run circles around Naruto, there was that much difference. Sasuke is also what motivated Naruto to be stronger, filling that huge gap was a strong incentive.

2 seconds training? FRS training would take, if we count how much time Naruto saved with KB probably years, Sage Mode he trained with clones again, and even then he seemed to have a natural knack at it.
    Kyuubi modes were a given since chapter 1, it would be beyond dumb to believe that Naruto wouldn't have mastered Kyuubi's chakra. I agree with you on Bijuu mode, with Chakra Mode he still needed to wrestle Kyuubi, and that is more than any character can say for himself when obtaining power.
    In Naruto's situation, even with Hachibi's help, there are very few that could've done the same thing, Hashirama and Madara thanks to their gekkei kenkais and no one else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah naruto is so back and forth, he does crazy shit like learn rasengan in like a month but cant learn anything else lol honestly if i was a naruto villain id chop his arms off.

kishi need to be consistent with naruto portrayal, if narutos an idiot make him an idiot, if hes a genius make him a genius. i hate having naruto get built up in his fights just to have him go back to being an idiot and relying on power ups right after. he should be past that already.
    Whoever said Naruto was a genius? A Savant with exotic jutsu, probably, but never a genius. Naruto's cranial capacity was capped when Jiraiya taught Naruto the Rasengan-and only- the Rasengan. The summoning technique isn't a fighting technique in my book. Naruto was never going to be the master of 1000 jutsu, he was capped back in Part 1. Even Kakashi isn't the master of 1000 jutsu. Kakashi has shown how many techniques? 5-10 maybe? Naruto will never beat that and he hasn't.

Quote Quote:
    betrayed is actually a perfect word. kishi made the story out in part 1 to be about strategy not just mega jutsu, where ninjas won with smarts not just giant jutsu and power ups. its like hes trying to make the manga like dbz, except theres plot holes everywhere and hashirama cells were used to cover them up.
    Strategy has never been a part of Naruto. The only time Naruto has used strategy was when he and Sasuke teamed up to free Kakashi from Zabuza's water prison. Aside from the Ino-Shila-Cho formation the other "strategies" used are one-on-one fights where the "strategy" was to exploit something that the other opponent failed to realize. Call it strategy or the dumbing-down of opponents. Take your pick.

Quote Quote:
    kishi shouldve stuck to the theme of part 1 and not switched up his style, i think thats what really damaged the manga, people liked to seeing ninjas being ninjas and the strategies. he didnt need to add these super jutsu and mega power ups, some feel forced and outta place like hashirama cells(cough, cough)
    How many times does Kakashi kill an opponent with a kunai vs. a raikiri? Um, like never to like every attack. "Being ninja" is great for gennin and lower-tier chuunin who are essentially powerless, but the big boys and girls used ninjustu-and nothing but ninjutsu. Even the sanctosanct Part 1 had the big dogs doing nothing but spamming ninjutsu which is kind of funny that people are complaining about it now. Sure, the collateral dmamage is greater but that is partly due to the characters involved and the theatrics due to the approaching climax of the story.

Quote Quote:
    the originality of naruto has faded, i feel like kishi got lazy otherwise hashirama cells wouldnt be the solution to the worlds problems
    And this is the pitfall that so many people fall into. What IS the originality of Naruto. Naruto hasn't changed much at all aside from the storytelling aspect from Part 1 to Part 2. It went from character-based storylelling to a plot-driven storytelling. The only that does change are peoples perception of what Naruto is, and Kishi can't do anything about that

Granted, the introduction of Senjuu power was clumisly handled by Kishi as Harashima DNA. If it had been integrated into the storyline earlier like the powers of the Uchiha were I think people wouldn't think twice about it. To make the Jyuubi work you need both Uchiiha and Senjuu power. Since there aren't any Senjuus aligned with Madara weird devices like what we're seeing are being imployed. It could have been done better but it's not catastrophic. IMO.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I feel like Kishi betrayed us!

kishi need to be consistent with naruto portrayal, if narutos an idiot make him an idiot, if hes a genius make him a genius. i hate having naruto get built up in his fights just to have him go back to being an idiot and relying on power ups right after. he should be past that already
    No, Kishi has to continue showing Naruto's growth. So far, he's made Naruto grow, then devolve, then grow again, then devolve again and kept him like that. I mean, at no point in the manga would Naruto make the mistake he made against Nagato. Hell, even when we thought he was an idiot, he surprised us by being observant and careful, saving Inari and his mother in the process. The right choice would have been to show Naruto's growth, mentally and physically, not just physically.

naruto shouldnt have got sage mode imho, its too much.naruto shouldve of surpassed jiraya by beatin gpain not becoming the sage in a month when jiraya spent a lifetime working on it and still didnt finish and i hate the fact that hes an uzumaki is a cover up, it still shouldve taken years regardless. i think he shouldve got the initial fox form when facing pain and then finished it with obito. him and the fox becoming bffgs over 30 chapters is rushed, but if it was over like 200 its makes a lot more sense as hes seeing narutos struggle and acutally using his powers for good instead of evil like other nins in the past. its better than him hating naruto to his very core and then having them give each other props 30 chapters later.

we need consistency
    I think Sage Mode was great for Naruto, it added more variety to his arsenal. He seems to be better at taijutsu, and has made his FRS safer to use. I mean, I'd have rather seen that than Naruto using Kyuubi, as Sage Mode is his own power that he worked to master.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you still the same now as when you were 12? How goofy would Naruto have been if more than 500 chapters later Naruto was the same goofy kid he was when the manga began. The character grew up as the story progressed. That's not inconsistency, it's character development. Naruto's growth has been consistent. I can't recall him getting built up just to get torn down, not in Part I, not now. It's not like real people only grow exponentially anyway. It's not like personal growth in real life is ever upward. We all of our triumphs and set backs.

Unnecessary power ups are part of generic action manga. Naruto is a generic action manga. There will be unnecessary power ups.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto was never that original. At it's best it was an above average action manga, nothing more. Try Homunculus if you want something original (and gruesome). Or, if the thought of trephination makes you squeamish, Ressentiment is a good, orginal manga to try. Nothing about Naruto though is remotely original.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 02, 2013 at 01:10 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@ uchiha blood, brill, m3j

i mean hes a genius at hard work and when he applies himself. your telling me he can learn rasengan and frs in like 2 months when he applies himself but cant learn anything else? both are a and s rank jutsu... if he can throw himself into something, learn and finish a technique that the fourth spent 3 years developing and never truly completed is fucking amazing. so how about making him go train some more? he can grasp physical things right away so why not do what bleach is doing and have him fight a stronger enemy during training arcs so he constantly improves? im sure battling nin like kakashi and yamato would provide good experience and would boost his skills tremendously. they just have to beat the information into him like before and hes proven it can be done. he summoned gamabunta when pushed to the edge and finished rasengan over a bet so he should be capable of so much more. he needs to apply himself in other aspects and push himself to his limits

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Are you still the same now as when you were 12? How goofy would Naruto have been if more than 500 chapters later Naruto was the same goofy kid he was when the manga began. The character grew up as the story progressed. That's not inconsistency, it's character development. Naruto's growth has been consistent. I can't recall him getting built up just to get torn down, not in Part I, not now. It's not like real people only grow exponentially anyway. It's not like personal growth in real life is ever upward. We all of our triumphs and set backs.

Unnecessary power ups are part of generic action manga. Naruto is a generic action manga. There will be unnecessary power ups.

Naruto was never that original. At it's best it was an above average action manga, nothing more. Try Homunculus if you want something original (and gruesome). Or, if the thought of trephination makes you squeamish, Ressentiment is a good, orginal manga to try. Nothing about Naruto though is remotely original.
    Naruto was never that original? are you serious?
    When neji first showed the hyuuga skills that wasnt original?
    shikimarus strategies are never original?
    all the fuckin bloodlines arent original?

wtf are you saying? part 1 was ALL ORIGINALITY. how dare you say naruto wasnt an original manga, now it isnt that much but at 1 point it was the best, every character was different and had different things that we never saw in other mangas. tell me another manga wheres theres a shkimaru. name one other show that has bloondlines and clans . wtf. not original. the idea of naruto was original, kishi is just not that experienced of a writer otherwise he wouldnt have used hashirama cells for everything. naruto part 1 was all heart. naruto part 2 is dbz. up until sasuke beat itachi there were barely 2 characters that were alike, everyone was pretty unique, then ms, susanno, frs and major spamming. the spamming made naruto not original, the lose of hand seals, taijutsu and original ninjustu also helped it lose its magic glow. naruto is and always will be an amazing concept and can be taken in many directions. its just kishis writing experience man, like ive seen better theories on here than what we've been seeing in the manga. not his fault, kishi is lacking in originality his story is not. the imagination that can be applied to a manga like naruto is near limitless which is why we have so many theories on abilities and how they work and such. if it was just like dbz it would be strict energy manipulation, but naruto is a manga where you can create jutsu and special abilities through hard work and creativity, you can do whatever you want in a manga like naruto and thats why its sick. people are always gonna come up with their own jutsu and own clans so to say naruto isnt original is an onxymoron ive come up with countless jutsu in my head, the reason im still here is because i day dream of the possibilities of the manga. im just pissed at all the spamming, it needs to stop. same with hashirama cells.

narutos not original? pfft, telll that to the 50 justu and the space justu clan ive created in my head. ninpo, supernova no jutsu. get at me bro lmfao
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 02, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@ uchiha blood, brill, m3j

i mean hes a genius at hard work and when he applies himself. your telling me he can learn rasengan and frs in like 2 months when he applies himself but cant learn anything else? both are a and s rank jutsu... if he can throw himself into something, learn and finish a technique that the fourth spent 3 years developing and never ftruly completed is fucking amazing. so how about making him go train some more? he can grasp physical things right away so why not do what bleach is doing and have him fight a stronger enemy during training arcs so he constantly improves? im sure battling nin like kakashi and yamato would provide good experience and would boost his skills tremendously. they just have to beat the information into him
    Problem with Naruto is, he's rubbish at learning hand-seals ( now they are useless, but for all of part 1 and a good part of part 2 they were important ), meaning he can show his raw skills only for jutsus that require one hand-seal ( KB ) or none ( Rasengan, FRS ).
    Let's not forget he was rubbish at the Kuchiyose, a C rank jutsu, wasting an entire month to learn it

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Problem with Naruto is, he's rubbish at learning hand-seals ( now they are useless, but for all of part 1 and a good part of part 2 they were important ), meaning he can show his raw skills only for jutsus that require one hand-seal ( KB ) or none ( Rasengan, FRS ).
    Let's not forget he was rubbish at the Kuchiyose, a C rank jutsu, wasting an entire month to learn it
    yeah but he cant still learn tho, when your good at a jutsu you can cut down on the handseals or even use one hand like itach and haku. or why doesnt he use clones to make seals like madara did with susanno to summon metoers? theres a way around everything the problem is naruto hasnt been forced to learn them cause hes constantly relying on rasengan and kyuubi.''why learn anything else if i have a super jutsu and major power up'' is pretty much what im seeeing from naruto these days. he used to be really creative but i feel like he's been lacking in that department lately imho thats why i wanna see less power ups and more coming from him, he can do it he just needs to try and try and try again till he gets it

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was never that original? are you serious?
    When neji first showed the hyuuga skills that wasnt original?
    shikimarus strategies are never original?
    all the fuckin bloodlines arent original?

wtf are you saying? part 1 was ALL ORIGINALITY. how dare you say naruto wasnt an original manga, now it isnt that much but at 1 point it was the best, every character was different and had different things that we never saw in other mangas. tell me another manga wheres theres a shkimaru. name one other show that has bloondlines and clans . wtf. not original. the idea of naruto was original, kishi is just not that experienced of a writer otherwise he wouldnt have used hashirama cells for everything. naruto part 1 was all heart. naruto part 2 is dbz. up until sasuke beat itachi there were barely 2 characters that were alike, everyone was pretty unique, then ms, susanno, frs and major spamming. the spamming made naruto not original, the lose of hand seals, taijutsu and original ninjustu also helped it lose its magic glow. naruto is and always will be an amazing concept and can be taken in many directions. its just kishis writing experience man, like ive seen better theories on here than what we've been seeing in the manga. not his fault, kishi is lacking in originality his story is not. the imagination that can be applied to a manga like naruto is near limitless which is why we have so many theories on abilities and how they work and such. if it was just like dbz it would be strict energy manipulation, but naruto is a manga where you can create jutsu and special abilities through hard work and creativity, you can do whatever you want in a manga like naruto and thats why its sick. people are always gonna come up with their own jutsu and own clans so to say naruto isnt original is an onxymoron ive come up with countless jutsu in my head, the reason im still here is because i day dream of the possibilities of the manga. im just pissed at all the spamming, it needs to stop. same with hashirama cells.
    Well, originality isn't about that, I'd suggest. Of the course skills used in action, etc. won't be exact copies from another storyline, but originality has more to do with the way the storyline is developed, not the minor details. Seeing things in the big picture, I wouldn't expect much from a mainstream Shounen to be taken to any wonderland in the end, either.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

yeah but he cant still learn tho, when your good at a jutsu you can cut down on the handseals or even use one hand like itach and haku. or why doesnt he use clones to make seals like madara did with susanno to summon metoers? theres a way around everything the problem is naruto hasnt been forced to learn them cause hes constantly relying on rasengan and kyuubi.''why learn anything else if i have a super jutsu and major power up'' is pretty much what im seeeing from naruto these days. he used to be really creative but i feel like he's been lacking in that department lately imho thats why i wanna see less power ups and more coming from him, he can do it he just needs to try and try and try again till he gets it
    He's a pretty one-dimensional character.
    Spoiler show

Sorry, just too lazy to prepare an elegant algorithm

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Well, originality isn't about that, I'd suggest. Of the course skills used in action, etc. won't be exact copies from another storyline, but originality has more to do with the way the storyline is developed, not the minor details. Seeing things in the big picture, I wouldn't expect much from a mainstream Shounen to be taken to any wonderland in the end, either.
    yeah i know thats the problem, the fans have more creativity than the author. the concept of naruto is genous ive always wanted to see ninjas, handseals and such, but its sad that a lot of things never get looked into. naruto is always gonna be my ''what couldve been'' manga. the one that got away

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

He's a pretty one-dimensional character.
    Spoiler show

Sorry, just too lazy to prepare an elegant algorithm
    remember my last thread? lmfao

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ate-comes-from

he does need to improve his skills man like honestly if he ever cam at me with a rasengan id cut his arms off or grab his wrist lmfao. its like no ones thought to counter the moves hes been spamming for 4 years
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 02, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i know thats the problem, the fans have more creativity than the author. the concept of naruto is genous ive always wanted to see ninjas, handseals and such, but its sad that a lot of things never get looked into. naruto is always gonna be my ''what couldve been'' manga. the one that got away
    It was about ninjutsu and hand seals up to a point in Part I, but it was cut short. If anything, Kishimoto took the manga out of the pattern it was on and removed the limits, which doomed most of the fans in the process.
    I've lost track of the inexplicable twists a long time ago, so, I guess I'm fine either way

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i mean hes a genius at hard work and when he applies himself. your telling me he can learn rasengan and frs in like 2 months when he applies himself but cant learn anything else?
    Naruto is not a genius at hard work. But, it's not that he CAN'T learn anything else, it's that he doesn't WANT to. Naruto said it himself, he hates studying and being in the library when Sakura told him he should study ninjutsu. He learned rasengan and FRS in short time because he had to and wanted to. He learned kage bunshin within a day because he wanted to in order to graduate. Out of those, I think kuchiyose no jutsu is the only thing he can't do without help even now. But he seems to lack chakra control and possibly fears using up too much chakra, ironically enough.

The keyword in your sentence is applies. Naruto applied himself, so he was able to learn rasengan, FRS, and the such. But he didn't apply himself out of that, hence why his arsenal is limiting.

Which sucks because Naruto has so much potential. With precise chakra control, Naruto could take on countless of enemies (provided he survives) with his chakra pool and the Kyuubi's chakra pool.

I mean, look at Part I Naruto. He used tajuu kage bunshin a lot, which were usually useless. In Part II, he used tajuu kage bunshin in like, only one or two fights, which ultimately helped him. The rest, he used less than five clones, which were far more effective than tajuu kage bunshin in Part I. Kishi showed that kind of growth and continued, resulting in epic Naruto when Pain invaded and Kumo interfered in Naruto and Sakura's discussion with Sai. Then, Kishi had him faint and act stupid. Naruto isn't 100% original, but it's not 0% original either.

I mean, Naruto is one of the few shounen action character that's dynamic. Or was dynamic, anyway. Goku was solely about fighting, Luffy's about becoming pirate king while being all nakama ftw, Ichigo just wants to protect his friends. But Naruto wanted to be hokage to be recognized, then he wanted power to protect his friends. Hell, we learned that he still harbored anger and mistrust towards his village even after being accepted by them. Though now, he's one dimensional with "PEACE PEACE PEACE PROTECT MY CHUMS PEACE!"

But still, naruto had great growth mentally as well, like how I guess Luffy and to some degree Ichigo did.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you there, naruto as a manga isnt 100% nothing is but still the ideas and the potential behind it are unlimited. and i also agree with you on naruto being too one dimensional and i hate the fact that he hates studying or is stupd doesnt excuse the fact that he needs to learn. he likes learning new jutsu, when jiraya said he was gonna teach him rasengan and when kakashi taught him frs he seemed willing to learn, what happened to that drive? hes shown willingness to learn, although he may not like studying why not sugar coat it or hype it up like kakashi did? my main problem with the manga today,isnt the hashirama cells, or the spamming its naruto as a main character. he has the biggest potential, best offense and doesnt use it or look into his background.

trains with jiraya for 3 years, little development
    finds out he has the best battle element, never uses it in battle
    finds out his clan has sealing jutsu and a rich history dating back to the sage, never looks into it(didnt have much time tho lol but still how come he never did a background check before? and if the villages were so close you'd think he'd know or heard of them...)

the problem with naruto is that he isnt stupid, hes ignorant. stupid people have a willingness to learn and explore when needed or find something interesting, naruto is ignorant and doesnt want to try new things which is why hes alwas gonna be one dimensional.
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; February 02, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast