Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

3 18.75%
  • Excellent

11 68.75%
  • Top 10 in Magi

2 12.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

super quick comments : Oh my, things are escalating very quickly. An epic chapter

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

EPIC Chapter! I didn't see the Fanalis Corps' entrance would be like that... SO AWESOME! And that magic power... I'm so much speechless

Was that really just a magic tool/weapon? It seemed like a black djinn to me. Everything is just too intense, even if the pacing is quite fast. Every page of Magi is really worth reading, and worth the wait! The scenes have become much more detailed. I think Ohtaka's style is improving ne? What I loved the most is Ohtaka's style of drawing facial expressions

I wish this arc will be animated too!!

In every end of the chapter, I can't help but to get teary-eyed... Why was that? Tears of mixed emotions?

I would love to see what happens next!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that feel bro..

I also felt the tears brewing...and omg I couldn't handle the excitement of this chapter.. I think I was getting spams. I need to get that checked out
    The finalis are epic.. they are so intimidating!! I like how ohtaka shows how the affects on both sides. But I've never felt such pity towards random/less than minor characters in manga before.. It's kind of painful D: getting burned like that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    EPIC Chapter! I didn't see the Fanalis Corps' entrance would be like that... SO AWESOME! And that magic power... I'm so much speechless

Was that really just a magic tool/weapon? It seemed like a black djinn to me. Everything is just too intense, even if the pacing is quite fast. Every page of Magi is really worth reading, and worth the wait! The scenes have become much more detailed. I think Ohtaka's style is improving ne? What I loved the most is Ohtaka's style of drawing facial expressions

I wish this arc will be animated too!!

In every end of the chapter, I can't help but to get teary-eyed... Why was that? Tears of mixed emotions?

I would love to see what happens next!
    I think it's just a Magic Tool since it requires a host to use the Black Djinn. And also, they said that they already stopped making that kind of weapon since it benefits the Goi.
    "Marine Admirals"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

EPIC!!!!! Best and most exciting series for the whole japanese manga this week!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm the odd one here in that I really feel this manga needs to slow it down a notch at this point because its getting a bit silly that on one chapter the other side shows muscle only to be conveniently turned around the next chapter with whatever the other has on hand. Its becoming a rather predictable turn of events that lets just say its starting to end up rather similar to how a certain popular manga likes to handle its battles, and that's not a good thing.

Its not that I didn't expect the weapons or things they are using just that I think some breathing room could be appreciated to fully flesh out or utilize such means. I'm kind of disappointed the magical tools were given such a short amount of chapters to cause siege because it would have been a lot nicer to see them in action more, we're not going to see much of the magical tools destructive power against the Finalis corps since they'll be getting the spotlight and from how things are they're just going to be trumping the ordinary soldiers and magicians (all building up to what Mogamett has as a last resort).And then Finalis corps are going to get curb stomped by most likely Black Djin like equipment or magical equipment utilized by Magicians instead of Goi forcing the leader of the Finalis corps show off his ability metal vessel and cue Kou empire entrance cuz we know they'll be joining in soon.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 20, 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    Guess I'm the odd one here in that I really feel this manga needs to slow it down a notch at this point because its getting a bit silly that on one chapter the other side shows muscle only to be conveniently turned around the next chapter with whatever the other has on hand. Its becoming a rather predictable turn of events that lets just say its starting to end up rather similar to how a certain popular manga likes to handle its battles, and that's not a good thing.

Its not that I didn't expect the weapons or things they are using just that I think some breathing room could be appreciated to fully flesh out or utilize such means. I'm kind of disappointed the magical tools were given such a short amount of chapters to cause siege because it would have been a lot nicer to see them in action more, we're not going to see much of the magical tools destructive power against the Finalis corps since they'll be getting the spotlight and from how things are they're just going to be trumping the ordinary soldiers and magicians (all building up to what Mogamett has as a last resort).And then Finalis corps are going to get curb stomped by most likely Black Djin like equipment or magical equipment utilized by Magicians instead of Goi forcing the leader of the Finalis corps show off his ability metal vessel and cue Kou empire entrance cuz we know they'll be joining in soon.
    Making this war a bit slower will ruin the tension between them it isn't like the entrance of the main forces = fanalis is done in just one chapter but 3 chapter after the war starts.
    I know it is predictable I also know the changing of pace for the two forces it is like this for most manga I read and one side dominating from start to finish without the other one do something and make you think they have a chance is so much boring than what the manga is pacing right now. And it is way way much better than a certain manga that the war is already 2 years and counting in our time and dunno if it will end this year
    That being said I know that Reim empire will won when the Fanalis will enter the stage before the start of the war but with what the Mages are doing they might have a trump card if the trump card isn't the Magical weapon that is about to be destroyed by the fanalis next chap
    But I doubt anything will triumph against the Fanalis because it is suppose to be the rival of a much stronger force that is the Kou empire and the Mages are just for them to show their dominance I think but who knows the Mages might have something that is why it is still exciting because we still didn't know.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

This "weapon" looks to me like some mecha... and it seems kind of... crouching ? Really bizarre. It killed Aladdin's growing intention of fighting for Magnostadt.
    I hope we'll see more of the high-class magicians in action, maybe against some Fanalis. The unusually fast pace didn't let room for them to get enough screentime.
    And if the Fanalis have arrived, does it mean that Ali baba too shouldn't be far from the battlefield ? Maybe he'll make an appearance in the upcoming chapter.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I'm kind of agree that the progress of the story should be slowed down a little bit, especially after re-reading this chapter, it's quite disappointing knowing that the black djinns weapon is going to/has died within few pages after its appearance, after gargantuan damage it has caused to the Raem Empire's army. Scherry's rhetoric was quite useful in the last chapter to slow things down, but this time it seems that the Author wants to go directly showing that Fanalis as the main and true power of Raem Empire. The only way to counter Fanalis corps is probably by using another Black Djinns? well, let's wait.

By the way, since this arc is moving fast, I assume that the outcome of this war is not about which side is going to win; Raem or Magnoshuttat; probably Ohtaka wants to show us another side of both countries during this war to further develops the story after this arc ended. I mean, if this arc is only about who is going to win or lose, then it would be meaningless to increase the pace of the story the way it is now, imho.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I think that the speed of the story is just fine that way since it's still on the weapon details of each army which is I consider is just a minor details of the story. I think it will slow down a bit when the main people will finally start to act like Aladdin and Ali Baba.
    "Marine Admirals"

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    I think it's just a Magic Tool since it requires a host to use the Black Djinn. And also, they said that they already stopped making that kind of weapon since it benefits the Goi.
    Ohh, I see. Thanks for the clarification

okay, I'll just break the issue about the manga's pacing...

I remembered Mu's a dungeon capturer, it could be some of the members of the Fanalis corps belonged to his household... And if Aladdin wasn't stopped by that giant's attack, I think he will go straight to the battle front lines to have his talk with the Reim soldiers and of course, Scheherazade

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Aladdin will probably meet up with Alibaba soon.

I don't have any qualms about the pacing. Overall, compared to other series I've read, Ohtaka doesn't drag out her arcs, and this one is of no exception. In fact, it's welcoming since I'm not sitting here waiting for exciting things to happen in the series. Each chapter thus far has had it's own element of excitement, and it makes waiting a week to read a new chapter worth it. But keep in mind that this is merely my opinion.

Regarding this chapter itself, I have no words. The Fanalis corp showing up was somewhat expected, and I suspect Kouha will also make his appearance soon. I'm interested to see what influence Aladdin will have on the battle. If the other Fanalis are indeed part of Mu's household, this could spell trouble for Magnoshutatt.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I just can't wait to see them and Alibaba in action! I doubt Alibaba actually participates rather than just trying to search for Aladdin, but anyway.

I want to see their encounter already ;_;
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, the last page is what made this chapter worth reading.
    The Fanalis sure are intimidating and I guess that they will destroy effortlessly that gargantuan magical tool (which I found too overpowered, considering how it incinerated the Reim empire soldiers).
    Anyway, all in all, I liked this chapter and the pace in my opinion is just perfect and I have no problem with it.
    I wonder if Aladdin and Alibaba will meet each other on the battlefield.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast