Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Godawful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

2 13.33%
  • Excellent

11 73.33%
  • Top 10 in Magi

2 13.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 169 Discussion/170 Predictions

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 169 Discussion/170 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 169 Spoiler Thread

This may be a little too late...

Spoiler: Raws show

Changed the Raws link - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; January 14, 2013 at 03:23 AM.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 169 Spoiler Thread

Chapter is out.
    And what a nice one it ist. *.*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 169 Discussion/170 Predictions

And this chapter adds another shade of Grey. So instead of relying on Metal vessels, Magi and Magicians, Scherry pushes the people to achieve their own kind of strength, which is certainly interesting. I don't know who to root for anymore, everyone has their own reasons, and there is no simple right or wrong.

Exactly what I like about Magi.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick comments since I just skimmed it:

Okay, I think this is an OK chapter, but mainly because I already set my expectation too high after what happened last week, otherwise, this is an intense chapter. The gunpowder as an "undiscovered" form of chemistry caught me off guard, I mean, they even have a tool similar to cellphone but they are just recently acknowledging the existence of gunpowder is quite... surprising.

One thing that interest me is apparently we still could not determine which side is wrong or right in this war after reading Scherry's rhetoric. The moral ambiguity and reason for initiating the war from both sides are true - at least seen by their own perspectives. Looking forward how the war would be unfolded, and I miss Aladdin and Alibaba, honestly. I hope they would appear again by next chapter or two.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice chapter, i feel like a lot of death's will come my guess is a power that they could not control will come about an even worse evolution of the dark vessel. they have been farming of magoi
    its refreshing to see such great characters that it's hard to choose a side but feels like all will fall from the treat that all are ignoring because they are all too busy fighting each other. makes me wonder if the magicians can even control the black rukl. i feel thou when all are out of power the real enemy will appear.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So both sides presented their weapons.
    I'm just waiting for Aladding and Alibaba to be the balance here.

An amazing chapter. Not top 10, bu definitely in the top 20. I really like Scherry speech even if I don't like her too much.
    So She trust in evolution, Judal trust in power, Yunan trust in patience and Aladding...in people. :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    So both sides presented their weapons.
    I'm just waiting for Aladding and Alibaba to be the balance here.

An amazing chapter. Not top 10, bu definitely in the top 20. I really like Scherry speech even if I don't like her too much.
    So She trust in evolution, Judal trust in power, Yunan trust in patience and Aladding...in people. :O
    I really like how you put all that together. I have to say Aladdin and Schrerry ideas are similar in some ways. She have to trust in people for their to be evolution.

Well im going for Reim all the way. Scherry really surprised me. I thought she was a lil arrogant magi but i was wrong. Now i like her she just looks naughty.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual, fantastic chapter.
    Mogamett is astonished to see mere Goys shattering the magical barrier. He is witnessing facts that go against his vision of the world. Not only that, Scheherazade gives him a lecture about how his views are false. Could it be that in the future, his will come to accept that non-magicians are not mere livestock ? For the time being he is still too proud to go back on his convictions but maybe later he will acknowledge the truth.
    What's more, it looks like he's about to play a trump card, odds are it's the power Aladdin spoke of, if so maybe this battle will not last for a lot of time.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Mogamett gets a chance to use his secret weapon on a decent part of the Reim army before Aladdin can shut it down, I really want to see how Scherry will react to it.

I imagine it as some sort of forced magoi sucking, like a weapon based on the principle of the 5th district.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like I hate Magomett (he's a great character), but Scherry really impressed me with her speech and I can't help but to agree; we humans are not perfect beings, but that's why we strife to improve, at least some of us.
    Anyway I also agree with those who said that it's difficult to say who is wrong and who is right, after all everyone has their own reasons to fight......
    Ok, having said this, I found the chapter excellent and thus I can't wait to see the next chapter.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Another interesting chapter even though there's a lot of talking and less action.

It's great to read/hear more about the Reim Empire and Scheherazade's reasons for pushing through this war. Her visions for the humans not to rely on magic and other sources of power and use their own abilities to live and "evolve" on their own really applies in reality. I think we had a good reason why Magnostadt will possibly fall onto this war.

ahhh I've always loved to see that badass smile of Scheherazade

On another note, I think it would be too early for Mogamett to use his trump card now black djinns?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want either country to fall but I'm with Scherry this chap xD
    And I love all her expressions. Both this chapter and last chapter ended with badass smiles

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Good point. Regardless i found it so boring... but needed to the development, hope Mogamett's final words meant magic nuke.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there are still 2 barriers left. And I'm sure the fighting will get more intense with both sides vamping up the power. Go lord magicians!

I was so unimpressed by the gunpowder. That technology doesnt even compare with magic and to even go as far as to compare it with aberrant magic is a real stretch. magic takes intimate knowledge to understand gunpowder can be created and used by anyone with the right materials. If magic were as easy to learn as an alchemical recipe every magician would be top-class.

Gunpoweder is just a few steps away from guns. Could a gun pierce a blog, I guess that would depend on the magician but it would certiantly even the playing field.

This whole relying on human strength aspect really got to me because no other country is doing that. And why would they when metal dijins are so powerful they seem the right way to go.
    Devour this Manga

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast