Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tamako Market

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamako Market

Tamako Market

Title: Tamako Market
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jan 10, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Kyoto Animation
    Genres: Slice of Life

Summary:

Tamako is a mochi-loving high-school freshman whose family runs a mochi (rice cake) shop in a certain town's shopping district. She enjoys her high school life with her friends Midori and Kanna in the badminton club. She also helps out at her family's shop and develops new mochi.

Comment:

Little to nothing is known about the story but it's made by one of the best studios out there: KyoAni (Hyouka, K-On, Haruhi Suzumiya, Chuunibyou). There's just no way for me to not check this out as nearly every series made by them proofed to be witty and highly entertaining.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamako Market

I won't say to much about the first episode because it was introduction episode.
    The art is typical for KyoAni which simply means it's great.

The bird itself was... fun... x'D

I'll wait for next weeks episode to see where this is headed before I'll give a real opinion.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamako Market

Is there anything funnier than a fat, arrogant bird? A very enjoyable first episode, funny, with interesting, personable characters.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I won't say to much about the first episode because it was introduction episode.
    The art is typical for KyoAni which simply means it's great.
    I really like the K-On team, especially director Yamada Naoko. The animation is very well composed and dynamic, even when characters are just standing around. Her anime always have a nice sense of motion to the them, there are rarely any "talking head" scenes. The writing was also very good, and funny. I always like Yoshida Reiko's scripts. Overall the presentation of episode 1 was really wonderful.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 09, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Tamako Market

BEST ANIME SO FAR! <3 I AM LOST OF WORDS!

So yeah, I loved everything, from the talking bird that thinks he is a noble and is acting in an aristocratic fashion and will be my new avatar! To the setting of a small business district with nice old ladies and old men. I loved Tamako's lovely all around friendly girl personality, her sister's clearly in the growing stage, "An". xD

My favorite characters no doubt.

So yeah I love the plot, the ending promised that we will be seeing some sort of weird supernatural aspect to all of this.

Funnies bit of the episode:

Btw that song that was playing in the "hippie" and philosophical music shop owner was? I love that plot as well of Tamako wanting to know that song.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this Anime too!

The cast is adorable, no doubt about that. Not to mention Dera is a one funny A-hole bird . I also like the setting, since the scenes are mostly happened in the "market" area, it's so colorful and nice. One small thing which keeps me wondering though, what is wrong with the owner of flower store's voice? She is a female, isn't she? well, who cares anyway.

Definitely looking forward for the next episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The voice acting is kooky! O_O Yeah she has a male voice, though I do think there are females that talk like that, it's a deep middle aged woman voice I think. It's part of bringing variety to the characters I suppose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the flower shop owner is supposed to be a cross dresser.

The bird making Anko cry was also one of my favorite parts. Tama-chan in the flower shop, hurling the bird, screaming ewwwww in disgust was another. The OP was one of my favorites in a long time. Loved Tamako dancing in the top hat.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically ITS A TRAP! Looking it it once again, I was fooled that HE was a woman. xD Also guys does anyone have any idea on what that song might be?

The whole plot with her mother and all seems like brilliant foreshadowing for something that might turn out to be the core of the series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about the song. It might have been written for the show. I'm sure the song Tamako's mother sang to her will be important at some point, later in the series.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That flower shop dude gave me a shock.

Brilliant. Very lovely show. Can only agree with what was said above.
    Definitely going to follow this.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm need to check this out. I think my two girls might like this. Thanks for posting about this!

Edit: Who am I kidding, I'll like this too.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanna-chan.<3

Great episode. Had a good laugh when Tamako's father announced his new product and she just bursted out laughing.
    And wow, I kinda suspected some feelings from Midori towards Tamako, but I never expected them to actually go with it. Let's see how this will continue. Will she confess?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me get this clear, Dera is on a quest to find a girl for the "prince" I am assuming the prince is the little boy we saw on the tape when his eyes glow, meaning Dera is from some noble island family where royalty still exists?

As for Midori, I do not know, her quest for love seems it can go from Dera, to Tamako, to Kana.

And I agree best part was the heart shaped cookies that "baldy" made, the grandfather had a boss performance as well, and I just can not get enough of everything Dera does.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I missed quite an interesting anime although the summary is rather boring in my opinion. Let me get a proper internet connection to download the series and see how good it actually is. <3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tama-chan's cowlicks remind me of Yui. Mochizou's hair reminds me of Ricchan, with her hair down. Love it.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Looks like I missed quite an interesting anime although the summary is rather boring in my opinion. Let me get a proper internet connection to download the series and see how good it actually is. <3
    It's a very good show. If you like KyoAni you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Kanna-chan.<3

Great episode. Had a good laugh when Tamako's father announced his new product and she just bursted out laughing.
    And wow, I kinda suspected some feelings from Midori towards Tamako, but I never expected them to actually go with it. Let's see how this will continue. Will she confess?
    I had a good laugh at that scene too, also when Tama-chan got caught calling her father baldie.

So many similar shows have yuri subtext, why not just be blatant about it? I approve. I assume Midori and Tamako won't end up dating, Mochizou will get that honor. Midori having to come to grips with her feelings should make for a good plotline. I hope she does confess.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast