Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Ginjo alive?!

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ginjo alive?!

    Okay i know its kind of old news and all but lets look at it a little more, Ginjo was a substitute shinigami but how did he become one was it the same way as ichigo and was he from the real world or Seireitei?

    If he was from Seireitei then he wouldn't be able to come back due to the fact that he was already a soul to begin with, but again if he was from the real world then he wouldn't of become a sub shinigami in the 1st place, due to the big taboo of shinigami transferring power to humans.

    This may all make sense to most of you but to me it is a major flaw
    Spoiler show

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    He's a human from the real world. The taboo was broken once, in ch. 1, and if it happened once, it could've happened once before.
    Besides, the emphasising of the taboo came from Aizen needing to execute Rukia via Soukyoku. Shinigami were surprised by such a capital punishment. Maybe the said shinigami was only demoted or something back then.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    He was human when he died, so now he's a soul. He's technically dead. I'm happy he's alive actually, I liked him and Tsukishima they were great villains, and I really want to see more of their backstory and just what exactly happened to Kugo when he was a Substitute Shinigami, and how he became one.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    but i dont understand how we saw him in a shinigami out fit in Serietei speaking with tsukishima, i could just be reading in to things too much
    Spoiler show

  5. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    He was a substitute shinigami only, meaning that he's basically still human, with shinigami power. When he dies, he died as a human, not a soul.

  6. #6
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    He was human when he died, so now he's a soul. He's technically dead. I'm happy he's alive actually, I liked him and Tsukishima they were great villains, and I really want to see more of their backstory and just what exactly happened to Kugo when he was a Substitute Shinigami, and how he became one.
    That's right and I too am expecting to see the background of those two.

  7. #7
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    but i dont understand how we saw him in a shinigami out fit in Serietei speaking with tsukishima, i could just be reading in to things too much
    He was like Ichigo - a living human who could get his soul out of his body, then he would appear with a Shinigami outfit. But don't get too much attached to these little details, when he died Ichigo went to Soul Society to retrieve his body.

  8. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    I am disappointed that Ginjo has returned. But it may be that I just don't understand his importance/relevance. Tsukishima had a much more useful, even scary power. I can just imagine how he could be a useful ally, and a devastating enemy. I'll have to see more to know why Ginjo is important (beyond acting as a foil for Ichigo).

  9. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner themincookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    Meh, I didn't really like him much in the Fullbring arc, and I still don't like him much in the Thousand Year Blood War arc; but who knows, Tite know's what he's doing and I'd say let him run with it.

    Tite doesn't make up characters for nothing, it seems he has the whole story planned and ready to go. If you look at some of his earlier artworks (like back at the beginning of the Rukia rescue arc) you can catch glimpses of Shinji in his very early stages. I have the artbook somewhere and I was surprised when I saw him. Kudos to Tite for his organisation skills

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    I think he was in his physical body when Ichigo killed him (and on that note, wouldn't that make him the first non-hollow Ichigo's killed?) I suppose technically that would mean his spirit body just got sent to SS, though it's never actually been stated what would happen if a Shinigami's artificial body (or Ichigo's human body) ever got 'killed'. I've always assumed if Ichigo got killed in human form, his spirit body would just be sent to SS, which is what seems to have happened to Ginjou.

    But then, this raises another question. In fact, every bloody thing about Ginjou raises questions which never even got a hint of an answer... Anyway, I'm now wondering why Ginjou is still a Fullbringer and not a Shinigami. His spirit body had the form of a Shinigami when he met Tsukishima. Speaking of Tsukishima, why aren't he and Giriko in hell? They were both killers in life after all...

    Bah, I'm really hoping Kubo addresses some of the mystery surrounding Ginjou down the line.

  11. #11
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    So that basically means, that Ichigo has 2 lives as well. xD Well, that's pretty good, maybe Kubo will use it in a future.

  12. #12
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    I don't think we know that Ginjo is still a fullbringer. Before Renji and Rukia joined the shinigami academy, they wore normal civilian clothes and lived in the Rukongai. So, my take is that because the three fullbringers 'died' in the living world, their souls appeared in the Rukongai with their normal clothing and they wouldn't wear a shihakusho until officially made 'shinigamis.' Right now, since Kukaku said that they were found in the Rukongai, and they are training, I think they are civilians with talent to become shinigamis, but haven't been officially made such yet.

    The fact that we don't really know if Tsukishima died is a sneaky issue. If he didn't die, he might have cut Kukakku and/or Ganju and be using them to help Ginjo. Even if he did die, he still has a frightening power. I am more concerned about what he will do than what Ginjo will do.

  13. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I don't think we know that Ginjo is still a fullbringer. Before Renji and Rukia joined the shinigami academy, they wore normal civilian clothes and lived in the Rukongai. So, my take is that because the three fullbringers 'died' in the living world, their souls appeared in the Rukongai with their normal clothing and they wouldn't wear a shihakusho until officially made 'shinigamis.' Right now, since Kukaku said that they were found in the Rukongai, and they are training, I think they are civilians with talent to become shinigamis, but haven't been officially made such yet.

    The fact that we don't really know if Tsukishima died is a sneaky issue. If he didn't die, he might have cut Kukakku and/or Ganju and be using them to help Ginjo. Even if he did die, he still has a frightening power. I am more concerned about what he will do than what Ginjo will do.
    yep its still unclear that when do shinigamis get black dress....is it like ichigo (part of zan) or they have a tailor in SS to sew ones for them...so its still doubtful what powers ginjo and co will have...it can be shinigami powers based on their FB or they can have shinigami powers and hollow mask which is next step in their hollow based FB powers...

  14. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    I think Ginjo is a shiba clan member or someone in his family was, his title of substitute shinigami was given to him for being a half human which would of meant he ended up with the badge? Not knowing what it was really for Ginjo being human/fulbringer gladly took it as a badge of honor but to later find out that it was a listening device to hear someone from the shiba clan go against SS by 'sleeping with the enemy' as it were.

    That's if isshin was a shiba member
    Spoiler show

  15. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ginjo alive?!

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    yep its still unclear that when do shinigamis get black dress....is it like ichigo (part of zan) or they have a tailor in SS to sew ones for them...so its still doubtful what powers ginjo and co will have...it can be shinigami powers based on their FB or they can have shinigami powers and hollow mask which is next step in their hollow based FB powers...
    The shihakusho stems from the shinigami power - it repairs itself, dies with the shinigami (on TBTP when Aizen was experimenting, some found strange that shinigami vanished but left their shihakusho behind, which meant they couldn't have died a normal way, but rather 'changed form' in a strange way). They can still be taken off and worn by non-shinigami, though - like normal clothes.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts