Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ginjo alive?!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ginjo alive?!

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    The shihakusho stems from the shinigami power.
    Unohana didn't know about that, and misjudged Ichigo's power. Shihakusho is given after passing Academy, that's for sure. You made it sound like in Academy NOONE had Shinigami power.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think the fact that ginjo was said to be specifically in rugonkai by kukaky more than implies that ginjo was very well not alive the last time we saw him. At the moment he would be a soul with strong spiritual powers.

To me the more interesting question regarding ginjo is whether he now has shinigami powers. We know that he at some point did in fact have shinigami powers perhaps much like ichigo and we know that at some point he lost them. Perhaps by dying he could finally get back shinigami powers of his own. I don't think he would be that valuable an asset with only his standard fullbring at this point.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    The shihakusho stems from the shinigami power - it repairs itself, dies with the shinigami (on TBTP when Aizen was experimenting, some found strange that shinigami vanished but left their shihakusho behind, which meant they couldn't have died a normal way, but rather 'changed form' in a strange way). They can still be taken off and worn by non-shinigami, though - like normal clothes.
    yes i kno dat...but what about the first time ???when a shinigami is born...is it like ichigo or they get dress made up by someone ??? anyways with aizen it was that their bodies disintegrated and they left their clothing ...even if it was normal dress it would have been same case... kensei pointed that out that the shinigamis disappeared without taking their black dress coz their shoe laces ....heir shoe laces were tied and they disappeared wearing them...was suspicious...its was only relevant to the point that shinigamis disappeared and left their clothes in the condition they wore them (like shoe laces were tied...so leg disapp)...but it never explained that how does shinigami get their black dress...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I'd think the fact that ginjo was said to be specifically in rugonkai by kukaky more than implies that ginjo was very well not alive the last time we saw him. At the moment he would be a soul with strong spiritual powers.

To me the more interesting question regarding ginjo is whether he now has shinigami powers. We know that he at some point did in fact have shinigami powers perhaps much like ichigo and we know that at some point he lost them. Perhaps by dying he could finally get back shinigami powers of his own. I don't think he would be that valuable an asset with only his standard fullbring at this point.
    This is what I'm wondering about. He had Shinigami power once upon a time, but when we met him he was very much a Fullbringer. Actually, he activated Bankai in his battle with Ichigo, so he must still have posessed Shinigami power in some form, but it's interesting that he was able to use Bankai whilst using a human body (assuming he even was in a human body). As we've seen with Ichigo, gaining Fullbring affected his Shinigami power as shown by the change in his appearance, so it's probable Ginjou now posesses a similar blend of Shinigami power with traces of Fullbring. There's also the question of how much of Ichigo's stolen Fullbring Ginjou still posesses, if any at all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

uh... technically ginjo is dead. I mean dude- He IS in SS.
    ichigo buried him in the human world.

I dont see why that is an issue?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    This is what I'm wondering about. He had Shinigami power once upon a time, but when we met him he was very much a Fullbringer. Actually, he activated Bankai in his battle with Ichigo, so he must still have posessed Shinigami power in some form, but it's interesting that he was able to use Bankai whilst using a human body (assuming he even was in a human body). As we've seen with Ichigo, gaining Fullbring affected his Shinigami power as shown by the change in his appearance, so it's probable Ginjou now posesses a similar blend of Shinigami power with traces of Fullbring. There's also the question of how much of Ichigo's stolen Fullbring Ginjou still posesses, if any at all.

I think his bankai was used through his fullbring. he definitely was not in spirit form only. which works out well because if he HAD been in spirit form, and been killed he would have been destroyed, not just killed and sent to SS as a spirit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude's dead and alive at the same time! It's a paradox
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ginjo's alive because the fullbring arc never truly got finished.

the fb arc was supposed to be showing bits ishins background along with the background of ss when ginjo was there and his influence on the current plot and how it and many characters came to be. it was actually supposed to be a pretty fulfilling and interesting arc where chad and orihime probably wouldve gotten rid of their uselessness and gained some new things but there was no shinigami and in such people complained about the arc and kubo rushed it which is why we got the same reintroduction to ichigos powers and had them given to him in 1 chapter instead of him doing something original and new to gain them over the course of chapters.

the fb are here cause they have unfinished business, nothing more, nothing less. honestly we didnt even see what they were truly capable of so no one should be surprised
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; January 11, 2013 at 05:34 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Silverwolf442's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ginjou is dead, but his spirit is in SS. Simple.

I'm glad he's back. If Kubo had left Ginjou's story where he did, that'd be been some messed up writing. AndGinjou, I think, has potential to be a very detailed, and enjoyable characer. He's already my favorite.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasminegreen View Post
    Ginjou is dead, but his spirit is in SS. Simple.

I'm glad he's back. If Kubo had left Ginjou's story where he did, that'd be been some messed up writing. AndGinjou, I think, has potential to be a very detailed, and enjoyable characer. He's already my favorite.
    ^ i agree. i felt cheated with the way the fb arc ended, im happy theyre back too, tsukishima and ginjou are 2 top rank characters that deserve more screen time

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the question was answered and discussion seems to be getting stale I am going to close the thread and move it to the archive section.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2