Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What would the New World be like ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused What would the New World be like ?

i think that the New world will defy logic even more then what we've seen so far like a corrupt fruit or mind control or what but i know that when they get there they have to face shanks for sure because Shanks is one of the 4 Yonkou so Luffy has to beat him to get by because sooner or later hes going to run into Shanks quarter of the new world and fight so i wonder if they'll fight or Luffy will deny to fight him after there friendship from so long ago so tell me what u expect to see in the New world because im sure u guys have interesting theories about the New World so tell me and explain.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would the New World be like ?

Shanks has to fight Luffy? Where does that wicked idea come from? What would they gain from battling each other?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to beat the Yonkou to become pirate king. You beat a Yonkou(or join one) in order to stay alive.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the New World has been described as Hell on Earth, so that' how it will be, also thanks to the dangerous people in it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i think it's gonna be 100 times more exciting than GL I'm expecting amazing things from now on tbh . Like the appearance of dragons (even though it was an artificial one ) and many more creatures like this . And of course strong people , the strongest pirates are here anyway .

As for Shanks and Luffy i don't know , i just hope we'll get to see a Shanks that we all know and not one that will turn bad all of a sudden (don't like too much drama lol)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Well i think it's gonna be 100 times more exciting than GL I'm expecting amazing things from now on tbh . Like the appearance of dragons (even though it was an artificial one ) and many more creatures like this . And of course strong people , the strongest pirates are here anyway .

As for Shanks and Luffy i don't know , i just hope we'll get to see a Shanks that we all know and not one that will turn bad all of a sudden (don't like too much drama lol)
    Why would Shanks turn evil? He sacrifised his arm for Ruffy because he was betting on his future. You think he goes all "O shit, had no idea you would become this strong Ruffy, I want my arm back!" ?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks is a father figure for Luffy, fighting him is inconceivable. I'm not quite sure what would even be gained, story wise, from a fight. Considering how much affection Shanks has shown for Luffy, even as recently as the war, a fight would be a massive ret-con. A quick three or four panel skirmish might be possible - Shanks testing Luffy's skills. Anything more than that would be an ass pull of epic proportions.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Kind of expecting more of the same form the new world, on a grander scale of course. Not sure what else to say, my imagination can't quite match Oda's. The OP and the thread title don't match, so I suppose that means the topic is off topic

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    Why would Shanks turn evil? He sacrifised his arm for Ruffy because he was betting on his future. You think he goes all "O shit, had no idea you would become this strong Ruffy, I want my arm back!" ?
    LOL it was just a mean suggestion from my part . I wouldn't want that as well

But i have to say i'm looking forward to their meeting . It's been such a long time since they saw each other . I'm sure it will be a lively reunion then Shanks will test Luffy . I kinda have this feeling .

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As Ankit said, you don't have to beat a Yonkou to be Pirate King. Law explained the dynamic fully when he pitched forming an alliance with Luffy:

The only way for pirates to survive in the New World is to either form an alliance with one of the Yonkou, or prepare to fight them. Fighting and defeating a Yonkou will put Luffy no closer to becoming Pirate King, it will only allow him to roam the New World with impunity, without having to become a Yonkou's subordinate. My feeling is that near the end of the series, Shanks will choose to overturn the world order and ally with Luffy, helping the Strawhats reach Raftel, and defeat Blackbeard. Blackbeard is a mutual enemy, he gave shanks the scars over his eye, the one that still aches. It would make the most sense if, rather than fight, Shanks comes to Luffy's aid against Blackbeard.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is going to be the most crazy thing anyone has ever seen. All of your wildest imaginations will come true.

New Reply