Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Spring Anime 2013 Preview Guide

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spring Anime 2013 Preview Guide

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    If they had screwed up the animation a little bit, i would have no problems with it but this is what they made out of the manga:

Spoiler show

I know that there should be some artistic freedom for the animators but this takes it too far, no idea what they were thinking.
    Wait... what?

This, along with Shingeki no Kyoujin, was the series that I was most anticipating. I loved the little teaser for it, it really did make it seem like this was going to be a cold, dark anime just like the manga was, but after seeing those images that you posted... yeah, i'm a little apprehensive. I'm going to at least watch the first episode though, just to see how the adaptation goes.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Wait... what?

This, along with Shingeki no Kyoujin, was the series that I was most anticipating. I loved the little teaser for it, it really did make it seem like this was going to be a cold, dark anime just like the manga was, but after seeing those images that you posted... yeah, i'm a little apprehensive. I'm going to at least watch the first episode though, just to see how the adaptation goes.
    It´s not really a quality issue since the environment animation for example was top notch. To me, it seems like a stylistic choice as an experiment, just like the whole adaption of this manga is an experiment to begin with, considering that it targets a rather specific viewership. Honestly, everything else was amazing in this episode. The minimalistic OST signified the emotional life of the protagonist while the repetitive shots, especially of his way to school, expressed the monotony in his life and the desire for something that´s frowned upon.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil Survivor 2 was solid, good enough to watch at least a few more episodes. Good voice cast. So far I have watched:
    • Crime Edge (dropped)
    • RDG
    • Hataraku Maou-sama!
    • Oregairu
    • Photkano (dropped)
    • Devil Survivor 2
    Oregairu had the best first episode, Maou-sama was also very good. RDG has a lot of potential, but I can't really tell from episode one (I skipped the Nico Nico Douga previews). I'll watch Death Billiards, another Anime Mirai special, either tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 05, 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the first episode of Aku no Hana. It's... it's different that's for sure. I wouldn't say it's bad, in fact I liked the directing as well as the whole atmosphere present in the episode. Like MiyamotoMusashi said the series' animation is done through rotoscoping, and while it isn't bad, it's still rotoscoping with the budget of your average anime show. It's definitely the kind of show that you either love or hate, and personally I think that I'm going to stick with the manga. I'd still advise people to give it a show, it's very different than your usual anime. And the ending theme is pretty damn scary/disturbing!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can think of when I read "rotoscoping" are Waking Life and a Scanner Darkly. I may give Aku no Hana a try later. Too much coming out over the next few days to try it now.

---------- Post added April 07, 2013 at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2013 at 01:19 PM ----------

Shingeki will air for at least 2 cour. One of the writers posted to twitter that he wrote episodes 8, 12, 13, 19, 21, and 22, accidently revealing Shingeki will be at least two cour.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've watched pretty much everything I planned to, only Gargantia, Valvrave and Yamamoto. So far so great, besides PhotoKano all shows were enjoyable. Devil Survivor and Karneval seem like your typical action-focused story but they managed to entertain me. Red Data Girl had an okayish first episode but I think it has a lot of potential, kinda reminds me of Shinsekai Yori. Hataraku Maou-sama and Oregairu were both really funny, probably two pretty good shows.
    OreImo's second season start was great too, just like Shingeki which was an amazing blast.

I have high hopes for the three remaining shows too. Feels like this season is going to be amazing

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode of Gargantia was good. The opening action sequence was spectacular. Overall it was mostly exposition, establishing the characters and settings. Hard to make any overall judgment. The animation was simply amazing. Based on the various hints dropped in episode one, it should be a very interesting world, with a lot of plot to explore.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin was just as awesome as I expected it to be! The animation was superb, the translation from Manga to Anime was done very well, and the music was great! I love how the character designs resemble those of the manga, yet somehow better looking. Everyone's pretty much anatomically correct and the proportions are all fine, something which the manga at times had trouble with. If the first episode is any indication this is going to be a great adaptation!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki truly was spectacular, Wit and I.G did an excellent job. Along with Oreimo2, that ends my week, no more new anime. Oreimo was excellent, as expected, picking up right where the OVA's left off. I still have two more series left, Henneko and Valvrave. They debut next weekend.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably the final chart:

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Valvrave is out, and episode one was epic. An incredibly promising debut.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

If anyone has not seen, Valvrave will be two cour, but split into two seasons. The second season will premier in October.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...art-in-october

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6