Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Naruto surpassed Kakashi?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Naruto surpassed Kakashi?

First, I want to start with a picture:

Spoiler show

Now let's look at certain points:

--Kakashi's arm is injured. Naruto's arm is not injured.
    --Kakashi almost collapses after the clash, while Naruto stands strong.
    --The picture above suggests Kakashi groups Naruto with the Yondaime which can either mean he feels Naruto truely is the only one who will reach Yondaime or he sees Naruto to be superior, just like his sensei, the Yondaime.
    --Naruto's natural affinity is the superior to Kakashi's natural affinity*
    --Naruto is now showing analytical skills.

*I say lightning is Kakashi's natural affinity because although Kakashi has shown to use water and earth jutsus, he identifies most with the lightning. Furthermore, I have yet to see Kakashi use a fire jutsu so we know he doesn't have a clear advantage over Naruto in the elemental department.

It's now shown why Kakashi's arm has been injured. Both clashed their Rasengans and simply, Naruto won :P. And since Naruto's hand was not harmed in any way, it shows Naruto has controlled his chakra enough to have enough power than Kakashi. Since Kakashi almost collapsed, it shows that Naruto could have probably killed Kakashi if he tried hard enough.
    Kakashi is now grouping Naruto with Yondaime which means that Kakashi now has great respect for Naruto as a fighter. Furthermore, since Naruto is now showing analytical skills, he is improving to be an all-around very strong fighter.

Okay this next part is a tidbit that deals with the latest chapter but it needs to be posted here so don't click on the spoiler if you don't want to see it:
    Spoiler show

Anyway, let's see what everyone else has to say: Has Naruto now surpassed Kakashi?

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Naruto surpassed Kakashi?

i dont think so. Maybe in raw power (that is if he is in Kyuubi mode). Naruto is a long way from surpassing Kakashi. Of course he has surpassed him in the rasengan department.

Seeing the way kakashi performed in the current arc and in the process even protecting shika,ino, and chouji -- Naruto sure has some ways to go.
    I have more to add so i will come back later.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raine_Joybringer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently, Naruto still has a far way to go before reaching Kakashi's level. Naruto has a lot of potential and larger chakra reserves than Kakashi, but in terms of intelligence and experience, Kakashi is still superior.

But I have no doubt in that he'll surpass him in the future. Naruto just needs to grow up first.

RJ's Avatar Rotation!:

Visit my dA account: deviantART Or my FF.net account: Fanfiction.net

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think the goofy side of Naruto will never leave. That's just a part of his personality but he has significantly grown. I mean I keep re-reading the latest chapter and I see what Naruto did and I think...

Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raine_Joybringer
    Currently, Naruto still has a far way to go before reaching Kakashi's level. Naruto has a lot of potential and larger chakra reserves than Kakashi, but in terms of intelligence and experience, Kakashi is still superior.

But I have no doubt in that he'll surpass him in the future. Naruto just needs to grow up first.
    I feel the same way, Naruto will pass Kakashi some day but for right now Kakashi has more experience and intelligence than Naruto. In turns make Kakashi stronger in battle. I mean look at shikamaru, he's not the strongest of characters in physical terms, but is a genius in strategic battle tactics. So, Naruto has more room to learn and one day he will be stronger than Kakashi and the Yodaime.
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member qwan3356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Slayer
    I feel the same way, Naruto will pass Kakashi some day but for right now Kakashi has more experience and intelligence than Naruto. In turns make Kakashi stronger in battle. I mean look at shikamaru, he's not the strongest of characters in physical terms, but is a genius in strategic battle tactics. So, Naruto has more room to learn and one day he will be stronger than Kakashi and the Yodaime.
    I totally agree, Naruto is by far more powerful, but brains always wins over brawns, and Shika has proved that time and time again. So for the moment Kakashi is still ahead, Til Naruto actually starts to use what he has between his ears better, (don't get me wrong, he is on his way as can be seen from the last chapter, but he is not on par wit Kakashi).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not by a long shot
    kakashi is a legand copy nin kakashi that is cool
    he is smarted faster and more powerful his elemental jutsu is great (not as good as sasuke for i think that he has surpased kakashi)
    naruto needs to work on speed, brains, and power all thogether and then maybe but even if he does surpase him kakashi willstill be his teacher

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto is not stronger than kakashi for two reasons one mangekyou sharingan which is the ultimate trump card, and two kakashi si much smarter tahn naruto, naruto does have more raw power than kakashi, and is beginning to have the brains to work it out, i believe that naruto will definetly become stronger than kakashi but at the moment in a one v one fight no, however i do believe that naruto may be able to beat kakuzu even though kakashi couldn't becuase of his lack of chakra, but we wont no a true kakashi v kakuzu fight becuase kakashi was protecting ino and choji too

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

• Quote Originally Posted by swishhboy
      naruto is not stronger than kakashi for two reasons one mangekyou sharingan which is the ultimate trump card, and two kakashi si much smarter tahn naruto,
      Half true for me. Having an ultimate jutsu doesn't necessarily means you are strong, it is just an advantage. This has proven so many times in Naruto. Examples:
      • [@] Naruto vs Neji - That time Naruto was just too inexperience going against Byakugan, and interesting enough Neji is a genius and has more experience than Naruto.
        [@] Kakashi vs Deidara - That time, Deidara doesn't even know Kakashi has MS. What if Deidara knows before hand. And concerning Kakashi's chakra limit, it will only spells troubles to Kakashi if Deidara can evade Kakashi's MS

But, back to the topic, Naruto's main weakness is experience. No doubt he posses enormous chakra capacity, but between possessing a weapon and know how to use a weapon, there is a thick line between them. As for now, Naruto hasn't surpassed Kakashi, I blame it on his lack of experience.

But yes, Naruto will surpass Kakashi one day. If Kakashi believes Naruto can surpass the Yondaime, ofcourse at that time, Naruto will surpassed Kakashi and even Sandaime, because Yondaime is stated as the strongest shinobi Konoha has ever produced. So no doubt he will surpassed Kakashi, but not now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member donkeyhigh's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naruto's been walking around with Jiraya for 3 years, I don't think experience is the problem.
    No doubt Jiraya and Naruto had to do a few missions or ended up in a few fights, I think Naruto's had his share of fighting.

And Naruto was stronger than Kakashi in the Rasengan-battle, but that doesn't neccesairilly mean he would win a real life or death match against him.

Kakashi could simply hide in the bushes and MS him into another universe, or use some weird long-distance techniques on him.

Wait! Stop the fight! I got sand in my eyes..

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pjoto
    If Naruto's been walking around with Jiraya for 3 years, I don't think experience is the problem.
    No doubt Jiraya and Naruto had to do a few missions or ended up in a few fights, I think Naruto's had his share of fighting.
    Yes I agree with you. 2 and a half years is a long period. But simply just because his mentor is an experienced Sannin, doesn't means that he can gained a lot of experience by just learning. Naruto needs to experience the battles by himself.

On the other hand, Kakashi is a very experienced Jounin. He has been is big battles like in the Gaiden. So, experience wise, Naruto still lacks first-hand experience. If Naruto is to battle Kakashi now, Naruto will lose, simply by experience.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah and kakahi is almost as famous as the sannin so that shows something about power and what do you think kakashi haas been doing while he had no students training and fighting ninja no doubt so he is a few steps ahead for naruto in experince, skills (basci and advanced), hes smarter than naruto,...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi is as famous as the Sannin but no where near as strong. Btw, I just noticed that BOTH Orochimaru and Jiraiya said Kabuto is AS STRONG as Kakashi. However, I think Kabuto has only shown us some of his strength. I truely believe he may be stronger than Orochimaru but hiding his strength for his ulterior motive. But I digress.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dimska's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

So one can wonder if in raw fighting skill Naruto has surpassed Kakashi:

His most destructive Ninjutsu is clearly more powerful than Kakashi's :
    Spoiler show

In terms of Taijutsu, it is hard to determine: Naruto has his Kage Bunshins but are they enough to compensate for a Sharingan? Naruto is now a skilled in Taijutsu as it has been shown in the many strifes in which he intervened in part 2: Bell Test, Chyobaa sama blocking, Deidara's pounding (he did catch off-guard an Akatsuki member) even against Sasuke was he not bad.
    But is that enough against Kakashi?
    Spoiler show

I think that in a direct confrontation, Kakashi has nothing in stock to block Naruto's Fuuton Rasenshuriken and wouldn't be able to avoid the hit, thus ending with a clear Naruto victory (and a rain of Kakashi body parts, resulting in endless crying for an uncountable number of fans)
    But the thing is, Kakashi would never fight directly any kind of chakra and stamina freak and would use his battle experience, brain power and thousands of jutsu to create favorable conditions for the confrontation (or downright assassination, he's a ninja for Jashin's sake!) . Naruto being also quite battle inventive and having quick reactions would not be that disadvantaged, I think.
    So there would be only one issue, as usual for these kinds of fight, i.e plot no-jutsu. So we should post a mail to Kishimoto to have this issue resolved X-)
    Naruto, just a random kid who happened to be a passing baby during the Kyuubi crisis.
    edit : Naruto, just one of Yondaime's random kids who happened to be a passing baby in his custody during the Kyuubi crisis.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

... Kakashi took an eye out of his best friend. I highly doubt Naruto has the balls to do that. Even when he's 4 years older. So yeah in general I don't see Naruto becoming better since he lacks the extra umph that Kakashi has to kill. Yeah kill, I'm desperately trying to remember the last person Naruto has killed but have yet to see it. Kakashi on the other hand has been killing people since the age of 11-12. Mainly since he was fighting in the great war but he was killing nonetheless. How will Naruto deal with a lethal fight? He's always been in missions where he's had backup and I guess the one fight he's had without supervision was with Sasuke but even then Sasuke was fighting with no intent to kill

Naruto lacks the balls to surpass Kakashi period. Though of course being his series I'll be proven wrong but w/e[br]Posted on: February 04, 2007, 01:10:29 PM_________________________________________________Oh and if Kakashi wanted to block futon rasenshuriken all he would have to do is go underground. That or use his Sharigan eyes to counter with a Raikiri to the heart.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast