Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: AKB0048 - Next Stage

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

AKB0048 - Next Stage

AKB0048 - Next Stage
    Producers: Satelight
    Director: Yoshimasa Hiraike
    Character Design: Risa Ebata
    Original Creator: Shoji Kawamori
    Starring: Amina Satō as Yuuka Ichijō, Haruka Ishida as Kanata Shinonome, Karen Iwata as Nagisa Motomiya
    Episodes: 13

In the months after the understudy's debut concert on Lancaster, the Deep Galactic Trade Organization [DGTO] and DES have stepped up their anti-entertainment attacks. In response, AKB0048 changes direction and brings back the general elections and the center nova position. The nine understudies are now thrusted into a new competition directly against the successors. But as AKB0048 brings back policies not seen since Acchan's disappearance, a new more powerful enemy is quietly moving behind the scenes.

Second season of AKB0048, I do think that you can watch the two seasons exclusively without watching both.
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 07, 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AKB0048 - Next Stage

Pretty nice start, I love all aspects of it, the entertainment against government, the mecha/space aspect of it. The singing and young girls as heroes. All mixed to provide this wonderful anime, so hyped about it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner suprstrpj's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can probably get what's going on in season 2 without watching season 1, but the first season was so great I would not recommend skipping it. I still have some of the songs stuck in my head.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suprstrpj View Post
    You can probably get what's going on in season 2 without watching season 1, but the first season was so great I would not recommend skipping it. I still have some of the songs stuck in my head.
    Is the music aspect a large part of it? I know they are a band and all, but it seems they use it to fight their enemies, is there some secret to this perhaps? The little colored things that come out?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime is absolutely wonderful! The character progression/relationships are what make this series good. I would recommend the first season and like suprstrpj said, you could get by without it but it worth watching.

Josef - the music is the main part of the show. The girls are entertainers in a universe that has banned entertainment in hopes to bring happiness and hope into those people’s lives. DES attempts to apprehend them at every turn and is not above using lethal attacks to stop them, it’s a dangerous job the girls undertake for their fans. While a concert is ongoing there are other girls that provide security -along with their faithful WOTA- in mech's and sometimes on foot. The battles are often visually impressive.

As for the Kirara -those glowy things you mentioned- well, I think there is something more to them that season 2 will reveal. Only time will tell. I recommend that anyone still on the fence about this show to give it a shot, it’s really well done with top notch animation and well done CG segments. Take it from someone who isn't an AKB fan boy -I actually couldn't stand them- this show is good!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner suprstrpj's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rowan knows what's up! This is one of the most well produced shows I've seen in a while. I read they use a mix of old and new songs and after watching the first episode of the new season I must reiterate this: Please watch the first batch of episodes before you move on to the 'Next Stage'! If the very first episode doesn't hook you then maybe this show isn't your cup of tea, but I think it's great.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, forgot to mention. They made another subunit of AKB48 and called it 'No Name', its all the girls that voice the anime. They are the ones who did the OP/ED songs for the first season.

Edit: THe quality of this series is one of the main reasons I love Japanese Anime. They blow anything the US can produce in drawing quality and story. The attention to detail is amazing.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see, glad to see there are some people who have watch the first series, I sure will give that a try, the anime just randomly popped up on one of the lists I was viewing and I had to check it out! Btw, what about that man at the end? Is he somehow significant? Has he appeared before?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a spoiler alert for those that want to watch the first series without learning anything first.
    As for that man -
    Spoiler show

New Reply