Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman

Synopsis
    The stage is the close of the Edo period, an age when, not unlike our own time, both natural and man-made disasters left chaos in their wake. Manjiro makes a living helping the people of the troubled capital city, but behind the scenes, he also works in secret to take back precious belongings stolen from the people by unjust political powers and conspiratorial menaces. The people call him "Get-backer Roman."

(Source: Crunchyroll)

Information
    Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jan 8, 2013 to ?
    Producers: TMS Entertainment, Nippon Columbia
    Genres: Fantasy, Historical
    Duration: 23 min. per episode
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Opening Theme:
    "RanTiKi" by Yukino

Ending Theme:
    "Zarathustra" by HiGE

Japanese staff
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman

Episode 1

My attention was instantly grabbed when I first read the synopsis of this series, it was interesting and as STEREOMAN mentioned it, this series has a “protagonist that is reminiscent of the English folklore hero Robin Hood”.

BGR looked like a great series; but then I found out that it was based on a pachinko game called CR Ginroku Gijinden Roman. That bit of info diminished my interest in the series and I was very close to drop it when I read something that convinced me that this series was worth checking out. The director behind this anime is Ogura Hirofumi. Area no Kishi, Gintama, Amatsuki, Kuroshitsuji and Inuyasha are some of the series in which he has been the director. “An awesome director and a Japanese Robin Hood, I’m in!”, and with that thought I made the decision that I should at least watch the first episode of BGR.

The first episode was…pretty good. It introduced the main characters and it showed us one of the most important points of this story, Roman’s double identity. During daytime he is a “helper” (his work consists on helping people in different tasks or missions), but when nighttime arrives he is a hero!! He is a Japanese Robin Hood that steals from the rich to give to the poor. He steals money and possessions that have been unjustly taken from the villagers by corrupt and tyrant authorities. He also protects and defends the
    townspeople.

Episode 1 was an enjoyable episode. There were funny moments, touching moments and some moments of fantasy-action that were pretty cool. I don’t know if this series will be for everyone but it is definitely worth checking it out.

P.S. One of the characters is a miko and there is a sacred tree in the shrine where she lives, during that scene all that I could think of was…Inuyasha!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 07, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply