Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 319

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

  1. #241
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kakin,
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    first thank you for your effort in presenting your opinion
    second
    you say that all the staff said and thought about him are false ..ok maybe there is gonna be a twist about his true goals but not to the pointe that he is a good guy
    just in the elections he was in 1st place the whole time because of his control over the temp hunters and executives of business including the examination departement ..that's not an attitude of a good person isn't it
    for the money stuff hunters don't need money to steal it they are already millionaires ...and the x day also i don't think ging will just say what he said for nothing
    or togashi making all this negative Presentation about pariston for nothing
    as i said he could twist it but not to the pointe that pariston in the end is a kind guy
    the chairman netero choose him for his trouble making to enjoy the challenges he will put him in..every person in the zodiac sense his darkness and they are the top ranked hunters in the whole association...don't tell me they are all fooled by there instinct toward him..
    and the last thing he did joining beyond in his travel against the law of the 5v...it's not an evil thing but it complete it

    and why he give up the position he simply had somthing better to play with ..beyound and the dark continent i'm with you in the part of''bad cop like ''he is evil but not to the point that will make you hate him he is like hisoka..ready to do evil stuff to satisfy his own needs .and in pariston's case he want to confuse. humiliate and play mind blowing games with others that's the evile am talking about
    he set his goals much likely to challenge himself, not others. It's like he's always measuring how much can he do. His hunt is for pleasure..kinda evile pleasure

    So yes Pariston committed and will commit atrocities, but nobody is absolute evil, sociopaths are still rare. Death of Pakunoda was touching has seen her dedication and love for her friends ..... the chick has yet participated in the extermination of their clan kuruta , how many people Killua has stumbled.

    After so Pariston has a criminal record as long as togashi's hiatsu
    to cause the disappearance of 18 hunters
    sabotage a rescue mission where each day of delay resulted in the death of 500,000 people ...
    sends temp-hunter.
    the attention of playing with 5000 real monsters

    Anyway I think Pariston is primarily a jaded like ( meruem) that is so superior to others that he ultimately do not care about laws and only do what he want when he want it.
    But even when I think if pariston can be as nice as villain will be dedicated in future will show his dark side which lead to his downfall as a kind guy

    in the end all these are predictions and we will wait for the boss to resolve this matter and am pretty confident in my opinion and thank you again for your participation
    Last edited by souhail; January 09, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

  2. #242
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    You can't judge a person by manga character committee. It'd be like if you ask all the Spiders and they all say Netero was secretly working for the Ants for human annihilation it doesn't mean that's true just because they all said so. Yes you've people with some pretty impressive credentials accusing Pariston of these heinous acts, and almost certainly he did planned these things. But due to the absolute lack of proof at the end your reasoning is still 'this guy looks evil so he must be a bad guy'. There is absolutely no proof that Pariston ever commited any of these alleged atrocities the rest of the Zodiac accuse him of. None. The problem with Pariston as a character is that he never carried out anything remotely evil. A cheesy but simple way would be say he picks up the phone and called Ilumi (or Hisoka). At least that'd be something. Further we have the issue complicated by the fact that the Zodiac turned out be totally incompetent. Chidol, the brain of the Zodiac, has no idea what the X day is, so it doesn't exactly lend much credibility to anything from the Zodiac. Possession of power is not a reason to be evil, otherwise Killua is the greatest evil of them all. Why do people think Pariston possessing a super army of Ant soldiers as bad, but Killua possessing the reusable Dragonballs as perfectly okay? The only strikes against Pariston is that a few of the members of Zodiac who are shown to be quite incompetent accuse of him of being evil. Do you really want Chidol "what Ant army?" in charge of handling this super army? He was accused of secretly amassing a ton of wealth in the name of funds of the Association, but did he take the money and run? Part 340 sure doesn't say that, and he'd literally have no use for money now that he's going to Dark Continent with a major nation funding all the expenses anyway.

    In reality, of course Pariston is meant to be evil. Most likely he found the Zodiac to be too disappointingly weak as opponents and can't be bothered to continue messing with them and moved onto greater things. I think he also loves peace because as someone who loves to mentally torment others, you can't mess with someone's mind if they're dead so I think his concern about the Hunter's Association is genuine. A world where people just resolve things with strength and gets away murder is not the kind of world he's interested in.

    Now that he's heading to the Dark Continent, whatever evil plan he may have is clearly insignificant compared to what he expects to find at the Dark Continent so he must have called all of them off. But you can't judge a character based on what ought to happen. It'd be like if you've someone commit the perfect crime (no possible evidence) and you say well since X is the only person capable of commiting the perfect crime, then he must be responsible. Yet if X left no evidence of his perfect crime, how do you know if he simply didn't commit the crime? The failure of Pariston as a villian is that all the Zodiac have against him is nothing more than hunches. Never were they able to come up with anything that remotely resembles evidence of his wrongdoing, and since they turned out to be incompetent in the Election Arc even their hunches aren't really worth anything to begin with.

  3. #243
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Can anyone tell me what you guys are talking about and stuff. Don't feel like reading.

  4. #244
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Pariston is on Hisoka level of trickery.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #245
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    He was fine with sacrificing the temp hunters so obviously a few dead people isn't beyond him.

    Not sure if he's a "villain" though.

  7. #246
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kakin,
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    i respect your point of view but am still believing in my opinion...i mean it will be really ruined if togashi will present him in future as a complete kind guy .
    his dark way of dealing''playing games'' with others is developed when one is engaged in bad activities that's for sure
    as i said before in pariston's case he want to confuse. humiliate and play mind blowing games with others that's the evil am talking about
    Anyway I think Pariston is primarily a jaded like ( meruem) that is so superior to others that he ultimately do not care about laws and only do what he want when he want it.that's the kind of evil am talking about

    and i hope the other members participate and put their points of view
    or questions about the manga
    Last edited by souhail; January 10, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

  8. #247
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Obviously Pariston is meant to be a villian but you can't just say because he looks like a villian therefore he must be responsible for everything and it's backed by the fact that everyone who has a reason to hate him says he's the devil incarnate. That'd be like asking Spiders what they think about Hunters (I'm pretty sure they don't like them) and base your worldview around solely that.

    Someone mentioned Pariston sacrificing the temp hunters to join the fight against Hisoka and Ilumi. So you're a bad guy for contributing whatever limited resources you may have in a fight against two insane psychopaths? Throughout the arc Pariston maintained that he is relatively weak and that his group consists of similarly weak people (mostly temp Hunters). It's not we see him take out a Hisoka level character in one hit anywhere so we know he's lying about his inability to help, or that he has a secret anti-Zodiac he has established where every member is said to be as strong as a Zodiac. You might as well say weakness is a sin in the Hunter's Association then if someone is supposed to be at fault for volunteering a bunch of weak guys (with no indication that he has more powerful characters at his disposal) in a fight against two rampaging maniacs. The better question to be ask would be why are all the powerful members of the Zodiac doing nothing while the guy who is supposed to be the weakest is sending whatever he has to help? Sure the implication is that Pariston is clearly so powerful that rest of the Zodiac must be together at all times to even try to contain him, but how do you know this is true? Because the Zodiac said so? But the Zodiac is a biased (and mostly incompetent) organization, so why should you believe them over Pariston?

    You can't accuse the perfect mastermind of having the perfect plan just because he's the only guy who could have the perfect plan, because it's entirely possible that guy simply didn't do anything and it'd be indistinguishable from the perfect plan. Pariston is indeed quite similar to Meryem, in the sense that both villians are way overmatched for their opposition. If Pariston really wanted to do anything evil it's game over when he won the election, and even if he didn't win the election there's really no indication anybody could've stopped him on X day. Yes Ging was somehow aware of these plans that he has no reason to be aware of, but he doesn't offer any solutions and most likely there isn't any (like how to deal with the Ant-human super army). He pretty much had the Zodiac crushed and we know he wasn't even serious.

    Finally the fact that he is a villian isn't necessarily contradictory to his actions that ultimately benefitted the Hunter's Association. It's clear he doesn't like violence because what's the point to come up with these totally awesome mind games if you're just going to beat them up at the end? An indiscriminate murderer like Hisoka or Ilumi is clearly against everything he stands for. A common and totally logical scene that shows up repeatedly in the fake info involves Pariston stopping the bloodbath, not because he's good or anything, but because all the Hunters are either his toys or pawns so he won't let someone just murder them for fun.

    ---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

    We never see Pariston's thought process in the entire arc. I assume this is intentional, but this actually screws things up a lot.

    Because he's the perfect mastermind we'd never expect him to just randomly start talking to himself saying stuff like "SOON MY EVIL PLAN WILL COME TRUE AND ALL WILL BOW BEFORE ME MAWAHAHAHA". He's far too smart to do that.

    But we can still see into how the perfect plan works, as a reader, by seeing his thoughts. Let's say hypothetically Pariston did show up to drive off Ilumi and Hisoka. He obviously would never reveal why he did such a thing other than some grandoise reason like "It's my duty as vice chairman to help everyone!" But, you can have him think of something like "because the puppets do not stop dancing until I said so." or something along linese lines after he fended off Ilumi and Hisoka. While this is not an evidence any HXH character can observe, the reader can see this so we know that he indeed is plotting something. But since we never see his thought process, not even the reader have any proof that he's actually scheming for something nasty.

  9. #248
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kakin,
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    hhhhhhhhhh you are stubborn aren't you
    sorry couldn't read all of this because it will be just repetition x repetition

    you suggested your point of view in this character ..i suggested mine
    and we will find out in the near future so just relax.. because in this way we will turn in a circle..

    and i will remind you one day of this i promise


    Last edited by souhail; January 10, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

  10. #249
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Um no this isn't my point of view of Pariston. This is what a neutral observer in HXH would see Pariston as based on the election arc. Just try to name any evidence that'd suggest Pariston is a bad person without resorting to 'the Zodiac said he was bad so it must be true'. You won't find any such evidence in the entire arc. In fact, he's the closest thing to a good guy amongst the Zodiac. The only reason why you know he is a bad person is because several characters who act as a proxy for Togashi (mostly Ging, though Mizu serves as this role) say he's a bad guy, so it must be true. It's about as silly as saying if a guy is named The Supreme Evil he must be a bad person. It's probably a very safe bet but you're not supposed to convict someone just because they've a dubious name.

  11. #250
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Country
    France
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Pariston is supposed to be a trickster- you are never sure if you are supposed to route for him or not, and him being a good or a bad guy is utterly unknown, though usually in HxH there are only bad guys, with the possible exception of Leorio. Mayyybe.

    The 'Bad points' of Pariston is he seems to be pushing the low-level mooks of the hunter organization into positions of powers, but even then it seems he was doing this mostly for the lulz.

  12. #251
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    Pariston is supposed to be a trickster- you are never sure if you are supposed to route for him or not, and him being a good or a bad guy is utterly unknown, though usually in HxH there are only bad guys, with the possible exception of Leorio. Mayyybe.

    The 'Bad points' of Pariston is he seems to be pushing the low-level mooks of the hunter organization into positions of powers, but even then it seems he was doing this mostly for the lulz.
    The rest of the Zodiac minus Ging obviously view Pariston as some kind of existential threat to the organization. They were literally willing to elect anyone that isn't Pariston, since Leorio is clearly not qualified to be the chairman in any way. The third faction sent plead for help against Ilumi and Hisoka, which is completely ignored by the Zodiac (ironically, Pariston responded, probably just for more lulz). If even hunting another Hunter is forbidden outside of heinous crimes, then surely killing fellow Hunters indiscriminately goes against everything the Association stands for, and yet the Zodiac was willing to turn a blind eye to that because they're so afraid of Pariston. I'm assuming their lack of response isn't because they're afraid of Ilumi, because otherwise I have no idea why Pariston would even bother wasting his time messing around with a group of people that can be taken care by a phone call to the Zs especially given he's supposed to be amassing an incredible amount of wealth at the same time.

    The problem is that because Pariston never screwed up you never can read him on what plan, if any, he had. So is the point of the arc that the rest of the Zodiac wasted all these resources fighting an imaginary enemy that, if he really wanted to, could've crushed them anytime? The whole conflict between Pariston and Zodiac is probably supposed to be one of no clear good and evil. The problem is that the Zodiac ends up being so paranoid and incompetent that it's hard to see how things could possibly be worse if Pariston won. It's almost like Pariston is a good guy just because the Zodiac is incomprehensibly incompetent so he has to be the better choice.

  13. #252
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kakin,
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Can anyone tell me what you guys are talking about and stuff. Don't feel like reading.
    we are talking about the true nature of pariston...good or evil guy

    even though i said it in the previous posts... he set his goals much likely to challenge himself, not others. It's like he's always measuring how much can he do. His hunt is for pleasure.. evil pleasure....and by evil i meant he want to confuse. humiliate and play mind blowing games with others that's the evil am talking about
    and he is primarily a jaded like ( meruem) that is so superior to others that he ultimately do not care about laws and only do what he want when he want it.that's the kind of evil am talking about...
    our friend Phantron said the opposite that we can't judge a character so far ...which i respect ..but still confident in my predictions



    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Pariston is on Hisoka level of trickery.
    may be but i believe he surpass hisoka somehow

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    He was fine with sacrificing the temp hunters so obviously a few dead people isn't beyond him.

    Not sure if he's a "villain" though.
    i said this before

    After so Pariston has a criminal record as long as togashi's hiatsu
    to cause the disappearance of 18 hunters
    sabotage a rescue mission where each day of delay resulted in the death of 500,000 people ...
    sends temp-hunter.
    the attention of playing with 5000 real monsters
    he is villain but not that villain




    ---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

    hey guys you forgot about the main questions ..come on ..what do you think

    to obtain a three stars licence you have to have your students achieving something ...

    so do you think that pariston's students will have an appearance in the next arcs


    like kite for ging ? do you think they will be powerful or a band of cons and deceivers?

    or it's just one?



    i don't remember but i saw this somewhere

    I wanna know why there are 18 missing hunters. Mizaistom(Cow) stated that being MIA is more grave than any bizarre death and Pariston is definitely involved somehow. When you consider that there exists people like Chrollo or Leol who can steal or borrow other people's nen as long as they are alive, and link that to previous Togashi works in YYH where there are demon plants that can trap enemies alive for a long time, it might be possible that the 18 missing hunters has been trapped, and kept alive for a purpose.
    But for what purpose?? Maybe Pariston can also steal/borrow/absorb nen, that could explain how he knows the feelings of being weak and how he rose up to the Zodiac ranks, by having the combined strength of 18 hunters. So let's say he absorbs 18 average hunters with mere 50 points, that's 900 points!


    Being the Chairman of the HxH organization will give him access to all of the Hunter's data. Maybe the hunter license card can secretly measure nen ability and current location by GPS? That could explain why Ging never bothers to carry his hunter license around. His steps to erase his voice from the casette tapes shows that he's a very careful person and doesn't want his nen ability to be found out, because he'd be dead otherwise.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by souhail; January 11, 2013 at 07:59 AM.

  14. #253
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Country
    France
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The rest of the Zodiac minus Ging obviously view Pariston as some kind of existential threat to the organization. They were literally willing to elect anyone that isn't Pariston, since Leorio is clearly not qualified to be the chairman in any way.
    The Zodiacs loath Gin and Pariston, in part because they are both very much like Netero except slightly different, and as such they truly can't stand them.

    Then, there is the fact that we know Pariston liked putting sticks in Netero's action for the lulz (making sure ants escaped, that Netero had minimal hunter backing in the chimara arc, etc), AND that he was in big part responsible for a lot of low-end hunters gaining power, which was something the zodiacs found wrong.

    It doesn't have to do with Pariston being a 'Villain', at least not in the sense that Pariston is more of a villain than Hisoka or Zeno, and probably less than the ryodans and so on.

  15. #254
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    The Zodiacs loath Gin and Pariston, in part because they are both very much like Netero except slightly different, and as such they truly can't stand them.

    Then, there is the fact that we know Pariston liked putting sticks in Netero's action for the lulz (making sure ants escaped, that Netero had minimal hunter backing in the chimara arc, etc), AND that he was in big part responsible for a lot of low-end hunters gaining power, which was something the zodiacs found wrong.

    It doesn't have to do with Pariston being a 'Villain', at least not in the sense that Pariston is more of a villain than Hisoka or Zeno, and probably less than the ryodans and so on.
    Miz said his instincts tell him that Pariston is part of the Dark World. Assuming the point isn't that the Zodiac really are crazy and just randomly dreaming up imaginary enemies, this implies Pariston's position in the said Dark World is way above anyone else we know so far. After all Ilumi and Killua has been described in similar ways and yet we've the Zodiac basically ignoring Ilumi completely despite an outright provocation on what the Hunter's Association stands for, just to fend off Pariston.

    But at the same time there was never anything that links him to the Dark World (Miz admitted he has no proof). It's possible that Pariston joined the Dark World for the lulz, since he apparently joined the Hunter's Association only for the lulz too. But in that case is the point of the Election Arc that the Zodiac are useless and if Pariston wasn't only doing things for the lulz they'd already be all dead?

  16. #255
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Information from volume 0

    Spoiler show

  17. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts