Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

37 68.52%
  • Rebecca

10 18.52%
  • Burgess

4 7.41%
  • Zoro

0 0%
  • Sanji

1 1.85%
  • Nami

0 0%
  • Usopp

1 1.85%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Koala

1 1.85%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

It's going to be a pop green. Luffy is going to leave the fruit near to Ussop's bag before they go to the bed and Baam!!! Ussop will have a powerful kabuto from that moment on.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it was the DF of rufy's brother. therefore,the only one who will eat it will be rufy's brother: Sabo!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that the fruit will be eaten by whoever joins the Straw Hats after Jinbe.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it might be one of those:

- Luffy
    He could be stupid enough to eat it, and he might survive since we still don't know why Blackbeard was able to have two DF.
    If it's because he's a D, that would mean that Luffy can too, since he's also a D.

- Sanji
    He's a cook, his element is clearly fire, and he's been falling behind in the Monster Trio, so he's a good candidate.
    My only points against it is that he's the best swimmer, and his "dream" is to find All Blue...

- Momo
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure why, but I think that Momo might do it.
    Being a kid, he could be stupid like Luffy was when he was a kid, and he could try to eat that DF.

He would then become a "Fire Dragon", or something like that...
    He might be able to survive thanks to the fact that the "Dragon DF" he has was manufactured, and wasn't a real one... who knows...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I'd say it might be one of those:

- Luffy
    He could be stupid enough to eat it, and he might survive since we still don't know why Blackbeard was able to have two DF.
    If it's because he's a D, that would mean that Luffy can too, since he's also a D.
    He currently is holding hostage Caesar Clown. Caesar has enough expertise about devil fruit to implant them in inanimate objects, and extract them when desired. He also is the only person in the world capable of creating SAD, the key ingredient in making artificial devil fruit. The Strawhats are looking for the factory where those artificial devil fruit are produced. There is someone there to either extract the gomu gomu no mi from Luffy, or "safely" implant a second devil fruit power, and they are headed to a facility potentially containing supplies and equipment Caesar would need to do this. The plot has converged for Luffy to either swap powers, or gain a second, without the normal risk.

Personally, if he does get the fruit, I'd rather he lose gomu gomu no mi. Two abilities seems like overkill. My actual inclination though is that Luffy will become the second, and last, character with two devil fruit abilities. This balances out Blackbeard, probably Luffy's last adversary before he reaching Raftel. Teach wields a darkness (yami yami no mi) that will shake (gura gura no mi) the world. Luffy will counter with a passion and determination (mera mera no mi) tempered by flexibility (gura gura no mi).

Quote Quote:
    - Sanji
    He's a cook, his element is clearly fire, and he's been falling behind in the Monster Trio, so he's a good candidate.
    My only points against it is that he's the best swimmer, and his "dream" is to find All Blue...
    Mera mera no mi is one of the stronger known devil fruit, comparable to Kuzan's hie hie no mi, if used to it's fullest potential. I can't imagine Luffy's third in command gaining a fruit that powerful. Sanji then would be arguably the strongest Strawhat, by a fairly wide margin, with the mera mera no mi, armament haki, observation haki, powering Sanji's "black leg" to almost obscene levels. The same could also be said about Zoro. Add mera mera no mi to his swordsmanship and haki, and he arguably is the strongest Strawhat, if not the strongest over all character.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 01, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    , if not the strongest over all character.
    At this stage in the story he still wouldn't be. Later down the line.
    Considering there are Shanks and his crew etc. various others who are probably not scared of Luffy in power.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    At this stage in the story he still wouldn't be. Later down the line.
    Considering there are Shanks and his crew etc. various others who are probably not scared of Luffy in power.
    If Sanji gets the mera mera no mi then his kicks would be reinforced with armament haki, wreathed in pillars of flame. He also would be a logia user, only other haki users would be able to defeat him. Giving Sanji (or Zoro) so much raw power would be an ass pull of epic proportions. The combination of his martial arts ability, haki, and fire logia would give him the potential to be an admiral level character. It is early enough in the story that Sanji would have the time to gain experience, hone his ability, and meet that potential. The only thing capable of stopping him would be plot convenience. I have to doubt Oda would take that route.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 01, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Erm... Ok
    Luffy already gained a second power, and that is Haki... Why do you insist on Luffy having the Mera Mera no Mi, while people like Garp, Shanks, Rayleigh are batshit insanely strong without a DF ? WB, Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru are batshit strong with just one DF and Haki... Why Luffy needs to have two DF ? I don't get this obsession

Again, BB's body is special, hence why he was able to handle two DF, we don't know the details, but Marco clearly said that BB is different from the others
    I think that the only reason Blackbeard was able to have 2 DF was because he is a D.
    And Luffy is also a D, so he has the VERY SPECIAL power of being able to have more than 1 DF.

That would be very bad, if the main character is 1 out of a million with a special power and that he doesn't use it.
    So, I think that, if it's revealed that indeed it's because BB was D that he could get multiple DF, there's no way Luffy won't get a second one as well.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the only reason Blackbeard was able to have 2 DF was because he is a D.
    And Luffy is also a D, so he has the VERY SPECIAL power of being able to have more than 1 DF.

That would be very bad, if the main character is 1 out of a million with a special power and that he doesn't use it.
    So, I think that, if it's revealed that indeed it's because BB was D that he could get multiple DF, there's no way Luffy won't get a second one as well.

Marco outright said that it's because of his body, never mentioned anything about the D, but about his body, and it kinda makes sense since that punk could tank some serious blow like it was nothing, while Luffy's tanking abilities are mainly due to his Gomu Gomu no Mi

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Marco outright said that it's because of his body, never mentioned anything about the D, but about his body, and it kinda makes sense since that punk could tank some serious blow like it was nothing, while Luffy's tanking abilities are mainly due to his Gomu Gomu no Mi
    Well, maybe he has the body of a D, which Luffy would have too.
    Who knows?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe he has the body of a D, which Luffy would have too.
    Who knows?
    Ace was also a D, remember?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression Teach did not have the will of D. I may have misinterpreted Whitebeard's speech, but that is a possible implication of saying Teach is not the one, a page after Roger explained D. I have always thought he meant that Teach may be D in name, but does not have the "Will of D", as Roger explained it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I was under the impression Teach did not have the will of D. I may have misinterpreted Whitebeard's speech, but that is a possible implication of saying Teach is not the one, a page after Roger explained D. I have always thought he meant that Teach may be D in name, but does not have the "Will of D", as Roger explained it.
    Considering we still do not nearly enough about what WB heard from Roger, it is a bit hard to specify it but i guess WB was always under the impression that Blackbeard could be one of those who could carry Roger´s will and the 800 years history on his back but i guess he understood that BB, despite having the initial D, is not befitting because of his deviousness, his cowardice and so forth. That still does not change the fact that BB is still a D.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with the idea of Luffy saving the fruit for someone he thinks is good enough to eat it and join the Straw Hats?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Considering we still do not nearly enough about what WB heard from Roger, it is a bit hard to specify it but i guess WB was always under the impression that Blackbeard could be one of those who could carry Roger´s will and the 800 years history on his back but i guess he understood that BB, despite having the initial D, is not befitting because of his deviousness, his cowardice and so forth. That still does not change the fact that BB is still a D.
    That's about what I think too; he is a D, but does not necessarily inherit the Will of D. Kind of a tangent on my part, I'm not sure how much D. factors into this discussion. It may, it may not. We all know so little it is hard to reach any conclusions. As far as I can remember there are not even any hints about D, only that it exists, and holds meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    What's wrong with the idea of Luffy saving the fruit for someone he thinks is good enough to eat it and join the Straw Hats?
    There is meaning in passing on Ace's fruit. Whether big or small, it was part of Ace's identity. The mera mera no mi is an heirloom of his brother, a remembrance of his legacy as a pirate. Passing on such an heirloom symbolically will represent Luffy passing his brother's memory on to someone else. The mera mera no mi could also be taken as Ace's will, the fire of his resolve. Passing that to someone else would be a very meaningful thing. It seems rather unlikely that Luffy would do something with such great symbolic meaning for an as of yet unknown character.

There is meaning in Ace's ability respawning, just like there was meaning in Teach gaining Whitebeard's ability. What that meaning is will depend, in the end, on what actually happens to the mera mera no mi. Teach seizing the gura gura no mi was more than a power up. The Whitebeard Pirates were a family, Edward Newgate was the father. Teach was the prodigal son; disgraced, exiled, and pursued by his brethren. A son killing his father, and seizing his power, is a common archetype in many creation myths. Teach filled that archetype by killing Whitebeard, stealing his ability, and seizing his territory. Hopefully whatever happens to the mera mera no mi can also has some meaning, rather than just a power up for one of the supporting characters.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast