Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

37 68.52%
  • Rebecca

10 18.52%
  • Burgess

4 7.41%
  • Zoro

0 0%
  • Sanji

1 1.85%
  • Nami

0 0%
  • Usopp

1 1.85%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Koala

1 1.85%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Here's an interesting question: If the person who eats the Flame Flame fruit joins the crew, will that person be like Luffy and have a hard time mastering their powers, or will it be similar to what happened with Kaku and Kalifa?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hyuuga_Mugen's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is the only satisfactory option IMO. He's already inherited Aces attacks (or at least his own variant), and from everyone we know of beside perhaps Dragon ( no Garp since his style is void of DF ability) Luffy is the one that has the most in common with Teach to qualify him to be able to use more than one DF being an inheritor of D. How he would combine Mera Mera with Gomu Gomu is beyond me though. I have a few ideas but I would assume there's some kind of paramecia-logia incompatibility.

I also wouldn't mind seeing what Ryoz said. Like Luffy will be goofing around with it and a bird will come and eat it. Then the strawhats would have a PHOENIX!!! With all the mythical creatures we've been seeing recently it would kind of make sense (Dragons, Harpies...). Navy warship fleet you say? Just send the Phoenix

Someone else mentioned giving it to the Sunny Go, which I was considering... Until I realised it would 'Go' the way of the Merry. But it's possible it could just fly everywhere, and it would also make any attack without haki ineffective... It would get kinda hot though...

Then again I think there's the slight possibility Luffy might not care for the Mera Mera fruit at all. It seems expected that he would but its also totally within his character to do the unexpected... For now it's up in the air.

As for THM Nindo's theory regarding where and how it arrived back into the world, I'd agree with him mostly. But MarineFord didn't really seem like a place with much room for vegetation to me. It probably generated on the nearest tree of the fruits species, if not MarineFord then definitely an island nearby
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

are you guys seriously thinking luffy will eat it? i just checked for the record, Luffy saw Ace use the mera mera no mi, 2 times, once vaguely when he destroyed a warship, once when saved him from aokiji right before his death.

There is no possible affection or connection for luffy to the mera mera no mi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    are you guys seriously thinking luffy will eat it? i just checked for the record, Luffy saw Ace use the mera mera no mi, 2 times, once vaguely when he destroyed a warship, once when saved him from aokiji right before his death.

Well, I'm still hoping he finds a recruit to eat it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy doesn't need to feel any affection for the power in order to eat the fruit. I think IF he ends up eating it, it would be like the first time, when he eat the Gomu Gomu no Mi, he would eat it simply because its there.
    But I agree with you, the more I think about it, the less I think it will be Luffy to eat it. It just...doesn't seem to fit and he already has the ability to fight with fire.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion it cannot be Zorro or Sanji, they have a rivalry were they are very close to each other in power (I personally think Zorro has the edge). Either one of them gaining a devil fruit ability, specially that of a Logia like the Mera Mera would shatter that rivalry putting one clearly beyond the reach of the other.

So we have ..

Franky - VERY unlikely in my opinion as he already has enough power.

Nami - Possible, Fire Storms?

Ussop - This is my favourite option as would like to see what he could do with his accuracy. Paired with the Mera Mera he could shoot fire at stupid range with ungodly accuracy (only problem I have with this is that it pretty much negates his bag of seeds he worked so hard for)

Kimemon - Don't see him as part of the crew yet, although it's possible

Rest have df's already and if I remember right, eating two makes you explode (other than Blackbeard).

Random Person... Unknown

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renaan View Post
    In my opinion it cannot be Zorro or Sanji, they have a rivalry were they are very close to each other in power (I personally think Zorro has the edge). Either one of them gaining a devil fruit ability, specially that of a Logia like the Mera Mera would shatter that rivalry putting one clearly beyond the reach of the other.

So we have ..

Franky - VERY unlikely in my opinion as he already has enough power.

Nami - Possible, Fire Storms?

Ussop - This is my favourite option as would like to see what he could do with his accuracy. Paired with the Mera Mera he could shoot fire at stupid range with ungodly accuracy (only problem I have with this is that it pretty much negates his bag of seeds he worked so hard for)

Kimemon - Don't see him as part of the crew yet, although it's possible

Rest have df's already and if I remember right, eating two makes you explode (other than Blackbeard).

Random Person... Unknown
    meh, i see zoro much closer to luffy tbh, after the training with mihawk, and luffy with rayleigh, sanji didn't have anyone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

meh, i see zoro much closer to luffy tbh, after the training with mihawk, and luffy with rayleigh, sanji didn't have anyone.
    On the contrary, Sanji had Zeff, who is hinted to have been a New World pirate, while Luffy and Zoro were self-taught for the most part. Things were just reversed for the timeskip. Luffy and Zoro gained teachers, while Sanji basically taught himself and strengthened his legs over the last 2 years, all the while fighting 99 Newkama masters, who I would assume are just a tad weaker than Ivankov. And considering Ivankov was strong enough to injure Kuma, I'd say Sanji had some pretty good training, especially considering there were 99 of them.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    On the contrary, Sanji had Zeff, who is hinted to have been a New World pirate, while Luffy and Zoro were self-taught for the most part. Things were just reversed for the timeskip. Luffy and Zoro gained teachers, while Sanji basically taught himself and strengthened his legs over the last 2 years, all the while fighting 99 Newkama masters, who I would assume are just a tad weaker than Ivankov. And considering Ivankov was strong enough to injure Kuma, I'd say Sanji had some pretty good training, especially considering there were 99 of them.
    your confusing experience with knowledge, he got stronger ofc, but he didn't learn anything new, whereas zoro and luffy were though, I got a vague idea of an other completely new type of attack sanji could do with his legs, but I guess oda is gonna wait a bit more so it doesn't get repetitive like diable jambe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

your confusing experience with knowledge, he got stronger ofc, but he didn't learn anything new, whereas zoro and luffy were though, I got a vague idea of an other completely new type of attack sanji could do with his legs, but I guess oda is gonna wait a bit more so it doesn't get repetitive like diable jambe.
    Why do you think I'm confusing experience with knowledge? He did learn somethings. He obviously learned haki and he took some of the Newkama techniques as his Frying Pan Spectrum shows. For the most part though, he had nothing to learn because, as I said, he already had someone to teach him. These past 2 years have been him taking the technique he already knew to new heights. What do you think he should have learned?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Why do you think I'm confusing experience with knowledge? He did learn somethings. He obviously learned haki and he took some of the Newkama techniques as his Frying Pan Spectrum shows. For the most part though, he had nothing to learn because, as I said, he already had someone to teach him. These past 2 years have been him taking the technique he already knew to new heights. What do you think he should have learned?
    idk new techniques? more in depth haki knowledge?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no intend to spoil anything but
    Spoiler show

just a theory

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that Zoro's sword has been stolen ( a nice excuse to get in the arena), i think it's possible that he will finally get the flaming sword of his dreams... i would be satisfied, personally i don't give a crap about Coby, i don't want to see him with the same powers as Ace.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

What purpose does a sword have if it does not cut? Besides, Zoro already has an attack that ignites the opponent.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro's sword eating the DF would be just a waste of a powerful logia power IMO. If Luffy doesn't have this power then better be destroyed

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast