Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

37 68.52%
  • Rebecca

10 18.52%
  • Burgess

4 7.41%
  • Zoro

0 0%
  • Sanji

1 1.85%
  • Nami

0 0%
  • Usopp

1 1.85%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Koala

1 1.85%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Hey guys,

As you might know already from one of Oda's question segment, the Devil Fruit go back into the nature once someone who was using it dies.

So, now that Ace is dead, the really strong Mera Mera no Mi Devil Fruit is somewhere in the nature again.

So, many might be wondering who will get it.

Since it's very powerful, and has a special meaning to the main character, I think it will reappear at some point in the story and that only someone important might end up getting it.

My theory is that it's going to be Coby.

Like many others, I think that Coby will eventually become more important to the manga than he is now; and what better way than having him not only learning Haki, but also possessing one of the strongest Devil Fruit power shown in this manga!?

My theory is not only wild guesses though, I do have some details that could back it up a little.

Remember how we saw the creation of a new Devil Fruit when the Smiley died?
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c676/10.html

The Devil Fruit was created at the exact time when Smiley died, and it basically transformed one of the fruit that was close to him at the time of its death.

Which mean...
    The Mera Mera Devil Fruit is in MarineFord!!

So, this means that, most likely, it will be found (and probably eaten) by a marine.
    And most marines important to the plot already have a DF, so this only leave a few candidates, the most important one being... Coby!

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by THM Nindo; January 09, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shenduk's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Too cliché.

If Caesar deliberately left a bag full of fruits of the same kind (apples) to recover the DF later and there are books with DFs listed, it means each DF always incarnate in the same kind of fruit.

We don't know if the Mera Mera no Mi was a rare kind of fruit which would be in Marineford and we don't even know the entire dynamics of DF reincarnation.

But it's possible. If the Mera Mera no Mi by chance was reborn in Marineford, and the Marines got it, there'd be a very slim chance of Coby getting it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gegehare's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think so , coby will eat mera-mera , i think he better without DF , like Garp maybe, Coby important character but mera-mera not important DF in manga

but i agree if reborn of mera-mera devil fruit in place close from ace dead , marineford ,
    about who will eat that DF , i bet the man who promoted to be Admiral , haha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is that some point in the new world the admiral setup is going to be like this (Devil Fruit Wise)

Akainu - Magma (Fleet Admiral)

Smoker - Smoke (Admiral)
    Coby - Fire (Admiral)
    ????? - Ash (Admiral)

It sets a theme up... and we know Oda loves themes... and offtopic a lil bit... how cool would an Ash fruit be...

----------

Alternatively, Admirable setup could be like this

Smoker - White Hunter
    Hina - Black Cage
    Onigumo - Gray Executioner

The theme here would be Logia (Smoke), Zoan (Spider), Parmecia (Cage) and at the same time 3 Neutral Colors "White, Black, and Gray" which could represent

Smoker as the Neutral Good, Hina as the True Neutral, and Onigumo as the Neutral Evil - - - Of course Neutral in this case represents their sense of Justice...

and I know that had nothing about Coby... but even in this situation he'd be a RA or VA with Ace's Fruit... and if he absolutely doesn't get it... Somebody in BB's crew will...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@RezzieThaRapper

From first thought, the Ash Fruit seems lame imo.
    What powers would it have?
    Go here though if you can explain please. Since it would go off-topic here.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be boring for Coby to have a Devil Fruit which we already knows. He would end up making some of Ace's attacks, and that doesn't feel right. Coby has to have his own theme, all the more if he is to become an admiral. Not to say it's more exciting to discover mysterious new abilities.

Plus, wouldn't it be better for a child to find Ace's devil fruit since Whitebeard talked about someone's inheriting Ace's will ? I know he did not talk about devil fruit at all but I would find it more exciting thinking there is someone to come later with the Mera Mera no mi. A new generation after Ace's.

If Coby was to get a logia, he would have to get a new one. I guess there could be a meteor logia in Oda's left valise. That devil fruit would suit an admiral. Just imagine a rain of meteors during a battle. With their mass and speed, meteor abilities could turn apocalyptic.

The user would also have the ability to fly as a meteorman. He would spin on himself at a very high speed if he was to divide his logia body into tiny meteors, thus making himself some kind of meteor tornado. Meteor DF would also provide the user a very hard body since it would be one of the harshest matter.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like Oda is agaisnt the wall with what to do for Coby anyways.
    There are many other Logia possibilities for him to reach Admiral since everybody is anticipating to become one.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Oda does not start recycling devil fruit powers. While it does not violate One Piece world rules, it would be incredibly boring. If Coby has a df ability it hopefully is something unique, not Ace's old power. Marines don't seem to need devil fruit powers anyway. There have been a few now (Vergo and Garp, for example), that fight exclusively with armament haki. Coby could be the same. Or not. It's almost impossible to predict. Oda has not left any clues about Coby's potential df powers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

From my point of view.. I was and still am fan of the "DF recycling theory". I strongly believe that once user dies, Fruit "respawns" somewhere in the world within like ..? let's say week from the user's death. Hence you would have limited time to bring suitable fruit so the DF would transform into it, like we've seen with Smiley and if it's how it really works, then why not? There is limited amount of DFs in the OP world. So sooner or later they would have gone extinct.. I don't think that Oda can let one part of OP to disappear. So, although I doubt that Coby is going to eat a DF ever, I say yes to the DF recycle system. Coby will be the resemblance of what was Garp to Roger, for Luffy of course. He will corner him in the future.. but never catch actually... One Piece is never ending story, Luffy could die in the style of Roger. His Hat would go to his crewmember, that one would become a Yonkou later, pass the hat onto kid from next generation.. and here we go, another 25 years of OP!

LET DA STUFF HAPPEN!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would prefer Ace to remain the only Mera-Mera no Mi user for quite a while. I wouldn't like to see his DF in the hands of someone else, be it friend or foe. The only exception I can think of is if we're ever going to see Luffy having a kid (I guess with Hancock... poor girl, she deserves it!), it would be a nice touch if Luffy's son somehow became the new user of the DF that once belonged to Ace; it would give the feeling of a "family reunion", and uncle Ace would always be there, in some way

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

There are several possibilities of what happens with the fruit. I think it's unlikely we'll see it again.

Buuut... maybe Oda will surprise us and give Luffy the Mera Mera no Mi near the end. In order to better combat BB, it's not a stretch to think that Luffy, in protagonist armor, is able to hold down multiple devil fruits, like BB. If that isn't a unique quality of the Yami Yami no Mi. Maybe it's a Will of D. thing. So in order to combat BB, Luffy might get presented woth the choice of eating Ace's fruit, gaining his power to defeat the one guy who placed Ace on death row. But this plot twist is a looooong shot.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I want it to be a wink in the last chapter when it hints the future king and his brother.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Though in general I dislike the idea of recyling devil fruits, I think that the Mera Mear no mi could be used by Oda in this interesting way for the development of the plot: the fruit is ate by Blackbeard, and he reveals it in the middle of his definitive fight against Luffy, increasing the feelings of rage and indignation in Luffy.
    Last edited by ukimix; January 17, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    I strongly believe that once user dies, Fruit "respawns" somewhere in the world within like ..? let's say week from the user's death.
    But... we saw from Smiley that the new DF appears instantly!
    Smiley wasn't even fully dead persay when the new DF appeared.

So, in my opinion, the Fire Devil Fruit was created the moment Ace died, and it was created in MarineFord, hence why I believe a Marine will be the one to eat it.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Smerten View Post
    Buuut... maybe Oda will surprise us and give Luffy the Mera Mera no Mi near the end. In order to better combat BB, it's not a stretch to think that Luffy, in protagonist armor, is able to hold down multiple devil fruits, like BB. If that isn't a unique quality of the Yami Yami no Mi. Maybe it's a Will of D. thing. So in order to combat BB, Luffy might get presented woth the choice of eating Ace's fruit, gaining his power to defeat the one guy who placed Ace on death row. But this plot twist is a looooong shot.
    Yeah, I thought about that possibility too.

I, like you, think that the ability to take more than 1 DF is a "power" unique to the D.
    If we are right about that, then it would make a lot of sense for Luffy to get a second power, and why not Ace's DF then.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    The only exception I can think of is if we're ever going to see Luffy having a kid (I guess with Hancock... poor girl, she deserves it!), it would be a nice touch if Luffy's son somehow became the new user of the DF that once belonged to Ace; it would give the feeling of a "family reunion", and uncle Ace would always be there, in some way
    Haven't thought about that.
    It sure would have a nice feeling in the end, but I don't think this is how it's going to play out.

If Oda created that rule about the DF, and made sure to show it to us when Smiley died, it's because he wants to use it.

IIRC, the only 2 people we know that had DF and died where WhiteBeard and Ace.
    We already know that WhiteBeard DF was stolen by BlackBeard, so that only leaves Ace's DF to be eaten by someone.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    But... we saw from Smiley that the new DF appears instantly!
    Smiley wasn't even fully dead persay when the new DF appeared.

So, in my opinion, the Fire Devil Fruit was created the moment Ace died, and it was created in MarineFord, hence why I believe a Marine will be the one to eat it.
    I beg to differ. Smiley was killed the moment he ate the candy. His body just disintegrated after he ate it, but he was dead in the moment he ate it as I said.
    And I would beg to differ once more. It's not given yet, but I guess it's safe to assume that one's Devil Fruit can appear immediately in case that suitable fruit is nearby. You know there is this DF book which was not presented to us yet. Vegapunk could know that, hence Caesar could as well. Sara Sara no mi, model Axolotl could be "apple type" of DF. Therefore it appeared immediately when Smiley died, because suitable fruit was in the close vicinity. I doubt that fruit just appears because you died. You either have comfortable fruit or say goodbye, it will vanish within few days from user's body. I've said it somewhere above and I won't quote myself, the fruits "spirit/devil" - call it as you like, could stay within user's body for short amount of days, then randomly appear in the world. I am not saying that it can't just appear somewhere in the world in a minute, or short period of time, after user's death.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast