Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

37 68.52%
  • Rebecca

10 18.52%
  • Burgess

4 7.41%
  • Zoro

0 0%
  • Sanji

1 1.85%
  • Nami

0 0%
  • Usopp

1 1.85%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Koala

1 1.85%
Thread Closed
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mysunsuion's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Straw hat will get the fruit for sure... It just a matter of how hard they will get it..
    Everything i know about One Piece is there...
    One Piece Delight

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    If you recall, Ace lasted in the NW (where lots of fighters know haki) for quite some time. Also, the three admirals were able to stand up to haki quite well. Whose to say that the Straw Hats won't gain a Logia that powerful?

It may or may not happen, but my point is eating mera mera doesn't automatically belong in the top 3 monsters. By the way, those 3 logica admirals only scare pirates in GL, they can't control anyone in NW. WB fought Ace because he wanted to play with Ace, it didn't mean Marco couldn't do anything hence WB was forced to fight. I'm really not sure whether Ace was as strong as Marco but it's a useless argument now that Ace died.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    It may or may not happen, but my point is eating mera mera doesn't automatically belong in the top 3 monsters. By the way, those 3 logica admirals only scare pirates in GL, they can't control anyone in NW. WB fought Ace because he wanted to play with Ace, it didn't mean Marco couldn't do anything hence WB was forced to fight. I'm really not sure whether Ace was as strong as Marco but it's a useless argument now that Ace died.
    Uh, technically, New World is the second half of the Grand Line. The other half is called Paradise.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

GL is much shorter, my only hope is that Oda won't pull any hax power related to mera mera, thanks to old Yamamoto's bankai in Bleach a lot of people want Luffy to have something similar to those East, West and North hax abilities.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Luffy & Zoro aren't the ones who have the df then I'm fine with whatever outcomes like BB has the df in the future or the df is taken by CP0, Fujitora, Koby or any new characters.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this is One Piece, I'd expect some silly character to get it accidentally. Like, I could see the doll (the one helping Franky) end up eating it somehow...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Since this is One Piece, I'd expect some silly character to get it accidentally. Like, I could see the doll (the one helping Franky) end up eating it somehow...
    That would be a blasphemy oi . Am i the only one who doesn't like this situation with Ace's DF being some sort of prize at a tournament ?

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    That would be a blasphemy oi . Am i the only one who doesn't like this situation with Ace's DF being some sort of prize at a tournament ?
    I'm not really sold on it either, haha. I'll keep the faith with One Piece, since it's generally unpredictable and manages to entertain. But I'm kinda over the huge focus on devil fruit abilities, especially ones we've seen before.

On a side note, I fully expect this tournament to get broken up somehow. There's no way it's going to just go smoothly up until the fruit is awarded...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy did give Coby the mera mera, would the WG see it as a peace offering and offer Luffy Dofla's recently vacated Shichibukai spot?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No crew member will gain a DF after joining. They make it abundantly clear how much they hate phishing Luffy out of the sea. Franky turned it down, Zoro would see it as a crutch, Sanji would hate to not be able to save a drowning Robin-swan, Ussop might but i think he like Franky enjoys a swim. Hell Luffy and Chopper wish they could swim. So it will be given to a new crew member or a new friend. Burgess will not as that would make him a rival with Luffy which makes no sense in a BB vs SH battle. Leaning toward Rebecca or Cavendish.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanka View Post
    No crew member will gain a DF after joining. They make it abundantly clear how much they hate phishing Luffy out of the sea. Franky turned it down, Zoro would see it as a crutch, Sanji would hate to not be able to save a drowning Robin-swan, Ussop might but i think he like Franky enjoys a swim. Hell Luffy and Chopper wish they could swim. So it will be given to a new crew member or a new friend. Burgess will not as that would make him a rival with Luffy which makes no sense in a BB vs SH battle. Leaning toward Rebecca or Cavendish.
    Seeing as how Cavendish has a grudge against Luffy, the more likely candidate is Rebecca who seems to be friendly with Luffy already.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why the sunny wouldn't float if it is given a DF. The sunny is a boat, boats float because of physics and buoyancy and whatnot. A DF would not have an effect on that. More so, people with DF sink because they get paralized and can't swim, not because of physics violating magic.

As for who will get the fruit.... No clue, there really are a lot of strong people there. Burges would be a very realistic candidate but I don't think luffy will allow for that to happen. What if garp suddenly appears and takes the fruit for himself? It is also a strong possibility that luffy will get it and simply keep it as a memento if no one in his crew wants it.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If the boat gets a[ zoan] fruit, there isn't even a hint given for paramecias or logia to be able to work with objects, what will stop the wood from being affected like any other DF user? Most humans in the OP world should be able to float by keeping air in their lungs, but they are not. The boat has no soul, so what is it gonna do with the mera-Mera? It wouldn't be able to use the power without an own mind.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sanji! I just think its super strange that after two year oda only gave him sky walk! If he has fire he can roast sea king meat on the spot for luffy duh! SH need a logia and sanji is perfect to be one.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I think sanji will eat it by accident though since I think he would want to swim, so basically similar to buggy

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I'm also putting my money on Sanji.
    Of monster trio he is the "weakest".
    I know you don't need a DF to be strong. We have plenty of proof on that.
    But I just feel like Sanji is lacking behind in strength. The Mera Mera no mi would boost his diablo kick or whatever it's called.
    Plus ( not a valid reason) As a chef, he'd make good use of the powers.

I honestly don't want Coby or anyone else to get it. Two fruits for Luffy might be overkill ( if he somehow can also handle having two that is)

Thread Closed
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast