Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

37 68.52%
  • Rebecca

10 18.52%
  • Burgess

4 7.41%
  • Zoro

0 0%
  • Sanji

1 1.85%
  • Nami

0 0%
  • Usopp

1 1.85%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Koala

1 1.85%
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
    its luffy or no one in my opinion. ace's power to coby is like giving power boost to navy which have already so many logia users . it can be some one who joins the crew as new member in this tournament.
    and moreover luffy having this will have a chance to showcase the superiority of mera mera no mi to blackbeard and akainu who are responsable to ace's capture and death.
    Sorry, but Luffy himself clearly stated that this fruit isn't for himself to eat.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that even though rebecca is attacking Luffy at the moment, in the end i think that she's goin to join the strawhats. the crew does need another girl afterall and she seems to have a sense of good. so i think she will get the fruit and then join luffy. so it would be kinda like Luffy has his brother in his crew.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sugarwaterpurple's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote other because in a not-so-surprising turn of events this Mera Mera fruit could easily be a hoax. How do we know this fruit has the same powers as Ace's fruit? I personally feel like it could be a trap and be a way of Dofla making Luffy fall into another one of his well thought out plans. Luffy giving it to someone, that person dying/being forever ruined by this fruit, Luffy being over whelmed by emotions because A) it's not Ace's fruit B) Law's plan and likely his whole crew might be in peril because of his naive actions and C) because whoever he gives that fruit to and changes forever, he'd end up blaming himself. I feel like Dofla wouldn't allow even the slightest possibility of Luffy actually getting that fruit. That would be too foolish of a mistake for Dofla to make/too convenient or expected of the plot to take that direction. "Oh no, Strawhat exceeded my expectations, got the fruit I so readily made available to him by just beating other guys in a tourney AND now it's about to bite me in the butt and ruin my grand plans?! Whata TWIST!!"

No. Way too obvious, im sure any fan of one piece has thought out that scenario and Oda knows it, so why would he make happen what the readers so obviously expect to happen? Not an Oda move *in my opinion*.

Any thoughts?
    SUGAR
    WATER
    and of course
    PURPLE

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sugarwaterpurple View Post
    I vote other because in a not-so-surprising turn of events this Mera Mera fruit could easily be a hoax. How do we know this fruit has the same powers as Ace's fruit? I personally feel like it could be a trap and be a way of Dofla making Luffy fall into another one of his well thought out plans. Luffy giving it to someone, that person dying/being forever ruined by this fruit, Luffy being over whelmed by emotions because A) it's not Ace's fruit B) Law's plan and likely his whole crew might be in peril because of his naive actions and C) because whoever he gives that fruit to and changes forever, he'd end up blaming himself. I feel like Dofla wouldn't allow even the slightest possibility of Luffy actually getting that fruit. That would be too foolish of a mistake for Dofla to make/too convenient or expected of the plot to take that direction. "Oh no, Strawhat exceeded my expectations, got the fruit I so readily made available to him by just beating other guys in a tourney AND now it's about to bite me in the butt and ruin my grand plans?! Whata TWIST!!"

No. Way too obvious, im sure any fan of one piece has thought out that scenario and Oda knows it, so why would he make happen what the readers so obviously expect to happen? Not an Oda move *in my opinion*.

Any thoughts?
    haha..great points you made there.if dofla can fool the whole world into thinking that he quit the sichibukai,then he could easily think of doing any of the things you mentioned but i think it won't happen because there must be ways for a person to know whether a devil fruit is real or not and how about the scenario when everyone puts their life on the line,only to know that the prize they were fighting for fake.also,it doesn't merit much value in itself but dd's henchmen told luffy that dd would never use a fake mera-mera for competition when luffy asks him.another point would be the panels when dd gives the mera-mera to diamante(all that....+countries fighting for it).as,our friends well versed in "ways a shonen manga works" would say,this is too much devious/farfetched to happen.
    Last edited by takneeque; September 03, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    the artist reveals and i revel. | goku the lordZ..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KilluaZoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two scenarios for the mera mera in my mind.First noone gets it because the whole tournament is interrupted and DD's crew ambushes Luffy.The second one is that Luffy earns it in a big fight against Burgess and ends up giving it to Rebecca who will join the crew.I didn t think Rebecca would join the SH crew because usually the ones joining have a big part to play in the arc.But after the last chapter i think Rebecca will become a factor in this arc and once DD is dethroned she will be able to sail with the SHs

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KilluaZoldyck View Post
    There are two scenarios for the mera mera in my mind.First noone gets it because the whole tournament is interrupted and DD's crew ambushes Luffy.The second one is that Luffy earns it in a big fight against Burgess and ends up giving it to Rebecca who will join the crew.I didn t think Rebecca would join the SH crew because usually the ones joining have a big part to play in the arc.But after the last chapter i think Rebecca will become a factor in this arc and once DD is dethroned she will be able to sail with the SHs
    While I hope that you're right that Luffy will win the Mera Mera and give it to Rebecca who will join the crew, isn't it also possible for Luffy to get the fruit after he's defeated Doflamingo?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a feeling burgess will get it though

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Muhbaer's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy will find no one who is in his oppinion fitting and willing to eat it, and otherwise willing but not fitting.
    So I hope Sabo is alive and hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    I thought about this, too. But I guess the timeskip happened, so that the strawhats could show their power, and if you assume, that there will be no more timeskips, then they have to be able to defeat burgess or at least hinder him from eating the mera mera no mi.
    Otherwise,... how should they defeat kaido and big mom(not sure if they really fight her)
    Last edited by Muhbaer; September 06, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
    have fun, good luck

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    That would be disgusting so i don't even wanna think about it .

For me i still believe Luffy will eat it of course by mistake or he will find himself in the position of not having other choice but to eat it

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    That would be disgusting so i don't even wanna think about it .

For me i still believe Luffy will eat it of course by mistake or he will find himself in the position of not having other choice but to eat it
    In the event that Rebecca doesn't eat the fruit and join, why couldn't Luffy hold onto it until he found a person he wanted to eat it and join?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I don't think this will be an option. Luffy as dumb as he comes off clearly knows the fate of eating II fruits. However, it would be so cool to see Luffy incorporate Mera Mera and Gomu Gomu.

IMO there are a bunch of scenarios that may transpire in relation to the Mera Mera no Mi:

1) Luffy gives it to Rebecca whose determined to protect Dressrosa at all costs. Her story might be sad enough to warrant that he gives it to her. However, she does not join the straw hats but instead stays back in Dressrosa to master the fruit as well as protect her land.

2) Fujitora confiscates the fruit and takes it back to HQ. Wano country may have been a WB protectorate prior to MF events and he was bound to have come across Ace. He would take the fruit back to Garp who was the closest to Ace. Garp would then pass the fruit to Coby.

Of all the potential characters to date he is the only one fit to inherit the fruit.

Coby is not Luffy's Garp. Coby is Coby. He only wants to challenge the man who motivated him to get a grip on his life/dream. Smoker is more of Luffys Garp. Dressrosa has had some similarities to Fairy Tail. Coby is going to be a mirror of Natsu: a pink haired fire guy

3) Luffy gets the fruit but gives it to no one (Dressrosa/Current SH). Its not like there is a timer that has been placed on it to be consumed. He can stay in possession of it and give it to someone he sees fit during their travels.

4) JB gets the fruit.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i know that if you eat the Mera Mera fruit the user have to die for it to grow somewhere DD got the mera mera in WG battlegrounds but what about if you destroy the fruit without eating it?

if it is gonna grow somewhere then let luffy hold into it and wait for the right person to eat it and not a random guy

but if it is permanently destroyed then he will destroy it rather than BB's crew and other people have the power for them to use in a bad way

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i know that if you eat the Mera Mera fruit the user have to die for it to grow somewhere DD got the mera mera in WG battlegrounds but what about if you destroy the fruit without eating it?

if it is gonna grow somewhere then let luffy hold into it and wait for the right person to eat it and not a random guy

but if it is permanently destroyed then he will destroy it rather than BB's crew and other people have the power for them to use in a bad way
    Thought about it aswell, I dont think it work that way - the devil fruits are just like Akira Toriyamas Dragonballs, you use them, and they are gone for a while til' someone finds it again.

When it comes to "Who should get it" - I think the fruit must go to a person with routine and as Dagama said: there are lots of people who are searching for the fruit now and Blackbeard or any other haki user would defeat Rebecca if she doesnt get those years that Ace among others had to train for the attacks and defence.

Sanji as everyone says is the most clear for me, Rebecca just wants the fruit to defeat DD, which is a pretty clear statement that he will fall, by Luffy/Law or as a touché: Rebecca slaps him..

Downside if Sanji gets the fruit, he will have a great boost for the monster trio,

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    Thought about it aswell, I dont think it work that way - the devil fruits are just like Akira Toriyamas Dragonballs, you use them, and they are gone for a while til' someone finds it again.

When it comes to "Who should get it" - I think the fruit must go to a person with routine and as Dagama said: there are lots of people who are searching for the fruit now and Blackbeard or any other haki user would defeat Rebecca if she doesnt get those years that Ace among others had to train for the attacks and defence.

Sanji as everyone says is the most clear for me, Rebecca just wants the fruit to defeat DD, which is a pretty clear statement that he will fall, by Luffy/Law or as a touché: Rebecca slaps him..

Downside if Sanji gets the fruit, he will have a great boost for the monster trio,
    Sanji had stated during Thriller Bark that the only DF he wanted was Abaslom's Suke Suke no Mi.
    He is also the crew strongest swimmer and if im not wrong he has stated that he likes the idea of still swimming. I also feel that the DF would also not suit his fighting style as it works well for brawler type fighters.

Despite this it would be cool if Oda let him have the DF and he becomes Sanji 'The Flaming Cook'.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post
    Sanji had stated during Thriller Bark that the only DF he wanted was Abaslom's Suke Suke no Mi.
    He is also the crew strongest swimmer and if im not wrong he has stated that he likes the idea of still swimming. I also feel that the DF would also not suit his fighting style as it works well for brawler type fighters.

Despite this it would be cool if Oda let him have the DF and he becomes Sanji 'The Flaming Cook'.
    Idd, your absolutely right with Sanji and the Suke Suke no Mi! (the Flaming Cook, badass nickname!)
    Jimbei and his ability to summon whales are something I hope and looking forward to, its possible for the man who aims to be Pirate King to summon that kind of help.

I hope they all will agree about the Mera Mera no Mi on the Thousand Sunny after dressrosa

I've seen those drawings of

Im not the first one who thinks of a "Firefly" when it comes to small fast fire dwarfs/gnomes ^^ theyre strong as the most people in the new world, they say..

Thread Closed
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast