Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

37 68.52%
  • Rebecca

10 18.52%
  • Burgess

4 7.41%
  • Zoro

0 0%
  • Sanji

1 1.85%
  • Nami

0 0%
  • Usopp

1 1.85%
  • Franky

0 0%
  • Koala

1 1.85%
Thread Closed
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Who knows? Even if he can get more devil fruit, I think he'll just give mera mera no mi to one of his flunkies. Or, he could have someone eat it to avoid it being stolen and then absorb Burgess's devil fruit power, unless death is needed. But I dunno if Burgess will get mera mera no mi... he should to establish Blackbeard as more of a Straw Hat enemy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the fruit has almost been lost in everything else going on in the recent chapters

i am dying to see what Donfla's plan is to do with the fruit, to see if he actually intends to give it to the winner of the tournament

something tells me it wont go over that smoothly

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the fruit has almost been lost in everything else going on in the recent chapters

i am dying to see what Donfla's plan is to do with the fruit, to see if he actually intends to give it to the winner of the tournament

something tells me it wont go over that smoothly
    Dofla doesn't believe Diamante will lose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Dofla doesn't believe Diamante will lose.
    donfla was hedging his bet that luffy was going to lose in the tournament

even though he, himself said that everyone had underestimated the strawhat pirates....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the point, he thought he had it all planed three steps ahead, not realizing that it won't matter in the end with Luffy being the biggest wild card that could exist. Someone seeking danger won't be stopped by traps. Oda putting emphasis on Doffy being so devious, using tricks, lies and his power to win, only to make him fail at the end.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    donfla was hedging his bet that luffy was going to lose in the tournament

even though he, himself said that everyone had underestimated the strawhat pirates....
    Yeah. You asked if DoFlamingo was really planning to give it to the winner. In DoFlamingo's plans, Diamante is the winner, so the answer to that depends on Diamante being a devil fruit user and who in his crew would DoFlamingo like to power-up.

If Gladius is Sabo (doesn't seem like it) I'd guess that the fruit would be his.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Who knows? Even if he can get more devil fruit, I think he'll just give mera mera no mi to one of his flunkies. Or, he could have someone eat it to avoid it being stolen and then absorb Burgess's devil fruit power, unless death is needed. But I dunno if Burgess will get mera mera no mi... he should to establish Blackbeard as more of a Straw Hat enemy.
    to me it just doesnt seem likely that oda would let one of the villains receive the fruit

when luffy sets his mind on something he usually accomplishes it, now he was determined to save ace, which ultimately he didnt do

but other than that he doesnt really fail

so i would be kind of surprised for someone other than one of luffy's allies ultimately eating that fruit

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I do think that Rebecca might be a possible choice, since even if she lost Luffy might give her the DF (I am convinced he'd rather die than let anyone untrustworthy have his brother's power), I have a feeling that Luffy will be in a pinch. He will have to decide on a whim what to do with the DF because otherwise it will be out of reach for him. As I said, possible outcomes are...

a) that he gives Rebecca the fruit since she has proven that her intention is to save someone dear to her (just like Ace was to Luffy) and reflects some of what he had gone through in Marineford. Giving her that power would enable her to save the one most important to her.

or...

b) Luffy might eat the fruit himself. I do know that it sounds crazy at first but I do think that it might be possible. There are a few reasons why actually: Luffy does not want to hand over the Mera-Mera-no-Mi to BB, who in turn would either claim the power as his own or give it to one of his crewmates. Thinking about it I would be sure that BB would absorb Ace's power just like Whitebeard's. And that's the thing that's bothering me the most. There are a lot of theories out there stating that BB could take over Whitebeard's power because of his DF. But I have a slightly different take on the matter...

Blackbeard is a man with the middle initial D. and there are only three others with the same initial. What if the power to absorb more than one DF was reserved to the people of the Will of D? It would at least explain a little just why the World Government is so desperate to bring these people under their control or eliminate them if unable to do so. Also, there would be more of a balance in power. BB would otherwise be completely overpowered compared to Luffy or anyone else in the One Piece world. By having someone who can pull off the same trick, he might faced with a serious threat. One bite from a fruit is already enough to get the power.

It would also be kind of a beautiful justice since then Luffy would still have a part of his brother with him.

Also, yes, I know that it was once mentioned that people might explode should they eat a second Devil Fruit but I learned that with Oda you can't believe anything that is said until it's shown... Two times he made me believe that Bon-chan was dead and two times he proved me wrong!!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still betting that the power goes to a new member of the Straw Hat. I just hope that Burgess doesn't grab it during the chaos that'll ensue during the battle with Doflamingo's forces. He seems like a wild card at the moment.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerenePhenix View Post
    Although I do think that Rebecca might be a possible choice, since even if she lost Luffy might give her the DF (I am convinced he'd rather die than let anyone untrustworthy have his brother's power), I have a feeling that Luffy will be in a pinch. He will have to decide on a whim what to do with the DF because otherwise it will be out of reach for him. As I said, possible outcomes are...

a) that he gives Rebecca the fruit since she has proven that her intention is to save someone dear to her (just like Ace was to Luffy) and reflects some of what he had gone through in Marineford. Giving her that power would enable her to save the one most important to her.

or...

b) Luffy might eat the fruit himself. I do know that it sounds crazy at first but I do think that it might be possible. There are a few reasons why actually: Luffy does not want to hand over the Mera-Mera-no-Mi to BB, who in turn would either claim the power as his own or give it to one of his crewmates. Thinking about it I would be sure that BB would absorb Ace's power just like Whitebeard's. And that's the thing that's bothering me the most. There are a lot of theories out there stating that BB could take over Whitebeard's power because of his DF. But I have a slightly different take on the matter...

Blackbeard is a man with the middle initial D. and there are only three others with the same initial. What if the power to absorb more than one DF was reserved to the people of the Will of D? It would at least explain a little just why the World Government is so desperate to bring these people under their control or eliminate them if unable to do so. Also, there would be more of a balance in power. BB would otherwise be completely overpowered compared to Luffy or anyone else in the One Piece world. By having someone who can pull off the same trick, he might faced with a serious threat. One bite from a fruit is already enough to get the power.

It would also be kind of a beautiful justice since then Luffy would still have a part of his brother with him.

Also, yes, I know that it was once mentioned that people might explode should they eat a second Devil Fruit but I learned that with Oda you can't believe anything that is said until it's shown... Two times he made me believe that Bon-chan was dead and two times he proved me wrong!!!!!
    I think you forgot that when the whole incident with bb taking wb power luffy was allready unconscious because of the death of ace so no way he would knew that bb even has 2 df even when jimbei told him about to take care of bb because he is trying to steal strong dfs for his crew he forgot to mention anything about bb having 2 df. I think there is a big possibility for luffy's crew to know about bb having 2 df because of the newspapers we assume that they might told luffy about that but still there are no evidences luffy knows that bb is way out of his reach yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Wicca has been on zoros back the whole time. What if the get new wanted posters for every crew member and wicca being on zoros shoulder put her in the wanted list with a bounty on her? And zoro and co. are in the colisseum right now. Wicca might sneak around for some reason and come across mera no mi and eat it. Thus increasin her chance to join he crew further...

Lufy realy likes strange things to join his crew. There must be a dwarf in his crew...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Wicca has been on zoros back the whole time. What if the get new wanted posters for every crew member and wicca being on zoros shoulder put her in the wanted list with a bounty on her? And zoro and co. are in the colisseum right now. Wicca might sneak around for some reason and come across mera no mi and eat it. Thus increasin her chance to join he crew further...

Lufy realy likes strange things to join his crew. There must be a dwarf in his crew...
    That would be a fitting and cool idea

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chinjao View Post
    That would be a fitting and cool idea
    San juan battlewolf vs a dwarf, that be cool!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chinjao View Post
    I think you forgot that when the whole incident with bb taking wb power luffy was allready unconscious because of the death of ace so no way he would knew that bb even has 2 df even when jimbei told him
    No I haven't forgotten about it. The best way to prove that is if we go a few chapters back where Luffy stated he couldn't possibly eat the fruit and offered it Franky (which the latter declined).
    What I was trying to say is that people with the Will of D. in general might be able to eat more than one DF, whether they know it or not and BB could be the only one aware of it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerenePhenix View Post
    No I haven't forgotten about it. The best way to prove that is if we go a few chapters back where Luffy stated he couldn't possibly eat the fruit and offered it Franky (which the latter declined).
    What I was trying to say is that people with the Will of D. in general might be able to eat more than one DF, whether they know it or not and BB could be the only one aware of it.

BlackBeard did not eat whitebeard's fruit. Wtf? Do you really think Teach made WB shit the fruit, (WHOLE) and then eat it? Or cut his stomach and eat a fruit that has been digested 5o years ago?

get real.

Thread Closed
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast