Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 102 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xbreak's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 102 Discussion/ 103 Predictions

@Marada78
    Thanks. Of course there are many details in the hundreds of chapters to come which are not clear yet.

Regarding the Heavenly Way Clan:

I'm not so sure that there will be huge battles with the Sunwoo Clan. When it gets known that the successor of Chundomoon is the leader of the terrorist group SUC and was beaten by Shion (aka Munju of the Sunwoo Clan), that will be a huge blow to them.

And let's not forget that Hyuk So Chun the vize-head and most likely new successor of Chundomoon is already a member of Shion's fan club. Maybe there will be not much fighting at all between them.

A fight Shion vs Kaiser is much more likely because he seems to be the ultimate boss behind the SUC, since he's getting live feeds from their field trips and all. Which is the basis for my 2 predictions regarding future arcs.
    Last edited by xbreak; January 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes the Sunwoo clan the most dangerous clan/entity in the entire murim...?
    That it would take both Chundomoon and the Martial Arts Alliance to crush it entirely
    (is Sunwoo clan that powerfull?) <- this is something that makes me really curious...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_kid View Post
    What makes the Sunwoo clan the most dangerous clan/entity in the entire murim...?
    That it would take both Chundomoon and the Martial Arts Alliance to crush it entirely
    (is Sunwoo clan that powerfull?) <- this is something that makes me really curious...
    elder kwon is the reason i think hes the strongest person in korea without a equal that's why they fear that clan

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    elder kwon is the reason i think hes the strongest person in korea without a equal that's why they fear that clan
    I highly doubt it.... there must be another reason though.... lol xd

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_kid View Post
    I highly doubt it.... there must be another reason though.... lol xd
    he's a monster it was stated multiple times he's the only reason they fear it even the elder said without him the clan would of fell apart

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    he's a monster it was stated multiple times he's the only reason they fear it even the elder said without him the clan would of fell apart
    Elder Kwon is one of ten Grandmasters, that means there are nine other guys who are on the same level as him.

He is a fearsome indeed, but I think the main reason are the reckless actions of the Sunwoo Clan itself. They know no fear and fight against other clans and even the Martial Arts Alliance without worrying about the consequences.

That's why Shion will be a fitting leader for them, because he is the same, though not so bloodthirsty as the rest. Yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xbreak View Post
    Elder Kwon is one of ten Grandmasters, that means there are nine other guys who are on the same level as him.

He is a fearsome indeed, but I think the main reason are the reckless actions of the Sunwoo Clan itself. They know no fear and fight against other clans and even the Martial Arts Alliance without worrying about the consequences.

That's why Shion will be a fitting leader for them, because he is the same, though not so bloodthirsty as the rest. Yet.
    i know but he can still be the strongest beside 9arts

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Sunwoo is the most powerful clan. In the past when Kwon was young, the original head alive and the clan organized they were trashed by Chudomoon. I think we still need to see the real power of Chundomoon.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marada78 View Post
    I don't think Sunwoo is the most powerful clan. In the past when Kwon was young, the original head alive and the clan organized they were trashed by Chudomoon. I think we still need to see the real power of Chundomoon.
    No one in the series has said that they are the most powerful clan. They are "The most fearsome clan in the murim". That is because the have some strong fighters and are totally reckless. People who don't care what happens to them and others are truly fearsome.

At least the fighting skills of Chundomoon are really good. Hyuk So Chun was able to go a few rounds against the 9AD in BOT mode, while other much older leaders not even survived one attack. So there techniques are probably second behind the Heaven and Earth Clan. If that is a clan. So far we know only of Gomoonryung, his master Unwol, the former Chief of the Martial Arts Alliance and Shion. There should be more of them out there in the murim, but I guess they are hiding.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Black heaven and earth technique and its advanced form B.O.T are not clan techniques. They are what season 1 refers to as one-person transmission techs. The master will choose only one person in the next generation to give the technique.

It is passed on through what they called selective inheritance. I think thats why only two people in murim can use it. Unwol's master gives it to only unwol even though both unwol and former alliance chief were fellow disciples: Unwol gives it to only GMR: and finally GMR gives it to his only disciple ever Shioon.

With unwol dead, the only users should be shioon and GMR. But of ofcourse we have to account for plot twists. Kaiser and his group are not GMR's boss for nothing. The 4 geezers with kaiser and their illuminati group could be collecting all the world's most dangerous techniques and powers like akastuki from naruto.
    Last edited by blaise; January 27, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

There could be a few reasons why the SunWoo Clan is considered so powerful that it can defy the Alliance all by itself. Granted, a lot of it is speculation.

a) As noted before, strength, especially that of Kwon. Remember, when we saw the guy's flashbacks regarding the previous Head's father (the one Kwon was friends with) it seemed like just the two of them were fighting. Granted, this may just be the author's way of not having to draw tons and tons of SunWoo mooks alongside them, but do note that in Chapter 57, there's a scene of just the two of them against some nameless clan, and when the Head dies, the only people on the scene are Kwon and the Head. Also, note that the SunWoo, after JungChun's brief fucking around with them and threatening ShiWoon, decided to go fuck up a bunch of other clans, among them the swordsman dude who got beaten the fuck up by Jini early in the story. They don't really seem to be having much trouble at all, no? Against super special villains with ~plot~ powers they may just be mooks, but presumably they ARE capable of dealing with normal circumstances. I mean, your average SunWoo mook is presumably much more skilled than the average SUC mook, who's just a dude hopped up on ShiWoon pills. Then of course you got guys like GyuBum, who's a badass in a fucking pimp suit and you know the pimp adds +10 power.

b) Sheer numbers. Back in The Breaker, we saw a fuckton of people chasing after ShiWoon under orders of the Alliance, but that's only to be expected, considering that the Alliance is made up of most of Murim. Near the end of The Breaker, as well as numerous times in New Waves, we see a LOT of SunWoo clan members. There are members in the mansion, there are members in the building that the SunWoo owns, etc. And mind you, this is ONE clan. Of course, it could be that we're simply just seeing a lot of the SunWoo clan because it's where ShiWoon is, but you've got to admit we don't really see much of other clans. ChunDoMoon has shown as Hyuk, JungChun, JeGal and like 4 or 5 elite members at most. GangSung's clan/school has shown as his master (dead by 9AD before the story starts), GangSung, GiJu (killed by 9AD in the first half) and HyunTae (glasses dude who shoots 9AD like a bitch). Only 4 people, and GangSung's the guy who becomes the next Alliance Chief.

c) The Alliance is not stable. Again, refer back to The Breaker, near the end. When 9AD went to fight against the Alliance, there were a bunch of Murim people just outside the building, unable to get in. Just because the Alliance is composed of the majority of the Murim doesn't necessarily mean that it has full authority over them. Most are presumably just martial artists who are a part of it and may have representatives for their school/clan working for the Alliance, but not a direct part of it. The stability is even more messed up as of New Waves, since so many people witnessed the previous Alliance Chief's fall from grace as well as the sheer power of 9AD - Volume 10 of The Breaker does have a few scenes where this is discussed. Which also ties in to the existence of the SUC. Also, reading back to The Breaker, back when GiJu decided to take revenge on 9AD, HyunTae advises him to work with the Alliances, despite the fact that their deceased master seemed to have been a part of it.

d) The SunWoo clan, on the other hand, IS stable and organized. Way moreso than the Alliance. They all wear a singular uniform, act professionally for the most part, with the exception of the truly powerful members like JiNi, HaIl, GyuBum, TaeSan, the Elders. The loyalty of the members is towards the clan and those who are in charge of it. This ties in to the factor of sheer numbers. The SunWoo aren't a school, they're a clan/family. This shows in their name. Most of the martial artists come from a school - Something Something Moon is generally where they come from, Moon meaning Gate, or Something Something DoJang, where DoJang is like a martial arts school. The SunWoo, however are a Ga - the hanja for it being family. It's not presumptuous to guess that Clans have more intimacy than Schools, and that Schools don't have as much people as Clans. Check Hyuk's ChunDoMoon for example. He and JungChun don't get along together, and it's implied (at least in my opinion) that he has no idea that at least two higher members of his School run the SUC. Of course, there are factors that go against this claim, since the people of the Iron Fist School seemed close - GiJu was driven to revenge when his master was killed, since he considered the man to be like a father, and HyunTae was similarly driven to revenge upon GiJu's death.

There's more than I could say, but I don't feel like reading through the entirety of The Breaker again.

Also, just from a quick glance, The Breaker Wiki sucks shit and is inaccurate as fuck. I wouldn't recommend relying on information from it. Serves me right for trying to play lazy.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are feared because they are uncontrollable. Even the great alliance can't put a stop to this clan. Another thing is for their strength in number and their types of martial art they have. Then again we don't really know. They only talk about it but nothing happened to really wow us. But, we can say from everyone's reaction to the clan's name, something big must have happened involving the sonwoo clan that made them so feared. I am really interested to find out what gave them that reputation, but that is for another time. Right now, I want to know what is going on with shiwoon. It's been a long time I seen him being this badass. I'm looking forward to the fighting scenes in the next few chapters, it will be worth the wait.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunwoo is feared because they are strong and they are united and their sheer number can overwhelm MMA but their drawback is their feelings/heartstrings remember what happen on Elder Kwon and Sosul's Grandfather , Sosul's Grandfather rushed to help Elder Kwon because he's in danger but it cost his life(Chundomoon vs Sunwoo)...... Sosul's Father died in a battle (i think Chundomoon is behind it again saying that Sunwoo is weak after Sosul's Grandfather died and the one replace him is even weaker that his father ) , Asian Kimbo Slice died protecting the Gaju that remind him of Sosul's Father and maybe even Asian Kimbo Slice friend

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its really starting to look like the power of a clan, school, family or faction (whatever), is centered around one or a few powerful individuals. I bet it makes a huge huge difference if they have at least one grandmaster in it, or at least someone as powerful if not more. Sane people don't screw around with sunwoo because of kwon, the alliance because of monsters like Gangsung, and so on.

Right now s.u.c is like an annoying fly that everyone wants to go away but if they acquire GMR's power suddenly nobody's laughing, because now they are a faction that handle direct conflict with any major group because of one man. Its really just a few powerful individuals that make a clan what it is.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Has it not been stated that Chundomoon are the strongest?

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast