Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Erza's "I can not die." comment.

15 23.81%
  • Erza finally getting a clean hit on Kagura.

6 9.52%
  • Erza risking her life to save Kagura from the falling rocks.

2 3.17%
  • Finding out that Kagura is alive and was not taken as a child was cause of Erza.

12 19.05%
  • Minerva playing dirty and defeating Kagura.

16 25.40%
  • Erza's "killing face" directed towards Minerva.

12 19.05%
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 315 Discussion/ 316 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 315 Discussion/ 316 Predictions

Erza and Kagura both fail for falling into a trap Minerva told them was coming.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MechR View Post
    I actually kinda want that to happen, otherwise Raven Tail looks even crappier. Luxus still has Jura lined up to give him a proper fight anyway.
    You honestly think that A. Laxus can stand toe to toe with Jura and that B. There will be a single proper fight from here on out? I'm fairly certain that the answer to both is no.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    Well, they did were already fighting anyway. And there's not much they could have done. She had a mutual friend hostage and disappeared before they could think to team attack her.

I do think... I wouldn't mind Orga being off screen. We already got one GS this arc, and I don't really care about Orga anyway. He's just that big guy who likes to sing and happens to have magic similar to Laxus. Jura v Laxus does sound a lot more interesting, even if the power of friendship or caring about your life or all the other things that have been around since forever anyway affect the outcome.

Maybe I should have realized I'd be the odd one out when I didn't mind the Azuma fight. I don't see why everyone's raising such a stink over the oneshot. Erza got motivated. That's just how FT works. It's even been stated that will (at least regarding friendship) is a bigger factor than power. The fight was cool. I want Minerva to die painfully, but she's been cool too. Fingers crossed that Acnologia will swoop in and kill her in a glorious Deus ex Machina.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    You honestly think that A. Laxus can stand toe to toe with Jura and that B. There will be a single proper fight from here on out? I'm fairly certain that the answer to both is no.
    Jura seemed interested in the matchup, and nobody else stands a chance against him one-on-one (unless Minerva exceeds expectations). A dogpile is fine too, but that'd still probably need Luxus to get anywhere.

Not sure what Sting's up to, but I don't expect much out of Rogue and Orga's matchups. (Rogue's a tossup just because he hasn't done anything of note yet, and time's running out for him to make an impression.)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    I don't see why everyone's raising such a stink over the oneshot. Erza got motivated. That's just how FT works. It's even been stated that will (at least regarding friendship) is a bigger factor than power. The fight was cool.
    It really, really needed another round before the big finish. All I ever wanted was a proper fight between the two, not a one-shot comeback after a one-sided beatdown.
    Last edited by MechR; January 19, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not very comfortable with this "Erza knew you since you were a child, remeber? same village!" as it just seems too convenient, and this is not the first time.

Minerva is turning out to be a great villain, reminds me of Urtear but unredeemable.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It really, really needed another round before the big finish. All I ever wanted was a proper fight between the two, not a one-shot comeback after a one-sided beatdown.
    Yeah. It was totally anti-climatic.

Kagura dominates with sheathed sword. Withstands Erza's strongest offense, destroys Erza's strongest defense, out-speeds Erza's fastest attacks.

Kagura unsheathes in rage. This is "Archenemy", a blade to which the bulid-up was huge.

Erza blocks easily and uses her sexy "bandaged-boobs" to one-shot Kagura.

It needed the transitions of the Dragon Slayers fight. There Natsu (and Gajeel) gradually built his (their) dominance. Here it came out of nowhere.

Or it needed the pacing of the Gray / Rufus bout. Gray was in trouble, Gray held, and then Gray explored a weakness in his opponent's power.

A few more panels of Erza being driven back, us getting to learn why Archenemy is so special (or if it is just a sword, why is Kagura wielding it so special), then Erza holding, then driving Kagura back, and then winning. And the mandatory "good feelings good, bad feelings bad" explanation, which would be totally fine, because that's how magic works in this world.

What we got was rushed and poorly plotted.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're lucky enough to see a good fight this Arc that fight gonna be Laxus Vs Jura, I really hope also that Orga fight will be off screen not interested to see another person getting one shot -_-

Jura Vs Laxus is the best match gonna be I really hope we get to see this. Doesn't matter who wins here there is no death or life just both of them testing their limits. Jura only showed interest in Laxus, so I hope their fight won't be interrupted.

He did not give us a decent finish to Jura Vs Jellal, so I really hope we get at least Jura Vs Laxus
    Dreyar Style

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

"Meh, as all cheering for Minerva to get trashed, I say go Minerva kick that asspull character called Erza......."
    -----> Oh it's quite ridiculous and really make me pissed off.

I think Erza didn't her real '本気' mode in prior battle. Adamantine or Tenrin is not her strongest, just one of her mormal form.
    Sarashi&cherry-blossom sword妖刀・紅桜 is the one she only concentrates all her magic to one powerful sword.

yeah it's little something like plot-armor but it's the strongest and her real serious mode .. and i think no one can beat her when she gets "really serious"
    and about kagura's sword, 抜刀術 is itself kinda powerful Japanese katana skill... just unsheath it doesn't mean some real destructive cataclysm or something.

Though one-shot-done was little boring..but Erza deserves win, more than that "my life is for avenge!!" thing.

Actually the most victim of Tower of Heaven was Erza
    -captured instead, being slve, tortured and lost her eye, rise and make a revolt and successed but betrayed by Jellal, suffered 8 years, then fight with jellal, beat him but again betrayed, sacrificed herself and almost dead.....
    but she forgave Jellal and helped him to live on.
    Kagura
    -lost her brother and revenge, revenge...

Erza is not asspull boring character. She deserves more than that. At least she's much better than Laxus or Kagura.
    Last edited by imshiroi; January 19, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    That threesome was so short-lived, kinda disappointing and pointless. It was Kagura vs Erza before the threesome, and it was Kagura vs Erza after. Minerva just bailed out of it after one chapter. She could've done the same thing she did this chapter if she didn't interfere before, in fact then it would've been more surprising and a good development of the fight instead of a predictable development(the scene was still executed very well though) that stemmed from something that was stupid, not to mention she wouldn't have had to waste any energy. But whatever, she's still a very good villainess, I just feel like I'd appreciate her much more if she was in a different manga, because quite frankly her appearing in this manga makes her Urtear 2.0.
    Last edited by exacta; January 19, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

still think it was a good chapter
    most people complain that erza is able to beat people so easily and with a one shot kill, but realistically this makes sense. In reality you need only one good hit to take your opponent down and that what Erza did, she came back with a one shot kill. As for not using armour, she dedicates all her power to one almighty kill and that's how the character is , shes strong, dangerous (natsu is scared of her), elegant and kind. As for the past of them being all the same, is just a way to bring some emotion to the story, remember its a "fairy tail" NOT a "gore tail", or "hentai tail" where we see useless kills, blood and decapitation, this is the wrong manga and characters. So people give it a rest, just cause she kills people with so much ease, though I do admit, the author really likes playing with erza and lucy, makes them into tight emotional and dangerous fights all the time for nothing.

Lets be honest, the sword is somewhat so overrated if your so want to argue, a double edged battle axe, halbred, trident and even a scythe or sickle could do more damage then any sword could ever hope to do, plus you'd have less damage but the sword always wins even against these. Would be nice to see Erza or a femalewith an axe, trident or even a scythe or sickle in battle rather then katana battles all the time

Laxus is nothing to worry about, he'll win and so will gajeel, now the question remains how strong is this new future lucy considering she has the aura of zeref she might also have his deathly powers, and whether she is missing a left arm or keeping it hidden (maybe its a demon arm).
    Last edited by amitnaruto; January 19, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone pointed out that Erza didn't block Kagura's attack so much as deflect it over her head. That matches the art, and makes alot more sense to me. Still wish the last leg of the fight had gone longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Yeah. It was totally anti-climatic.

Kagura dominates with sheathed sword. Withstands Erza's strongest offense, destroys Erza's strongest defense, out-speeds Erza's fastest attacks.
    One note on the last point: Kagura didn't outspeed Erza, she used some sort of damage-transferring magic. This is important because Erza defeats her with a speed attack when she's in enraged full-offense mode.

Basically, the fight now makes sense to me from a powerlevel standpoint, but the quick finish still felt anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by exacta
    That threesome was so short-lived, kinda disappointing and pointless.
    The three-way was awesome while it lasted; I only wish it had continued. Even so, I think it was worth it.
    Last edited by MechR; January 19, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    if we follow naruto rules then LIGHTNING>earth. Laxus is a beast. Fairy Tail rules.
    Erza will win! Laxus will win! and then the world will end

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    if we follow naruto rules then LIGHTNING>earth. Laxus is a beast. Fairy Tail rules.
    Erza will win! Laxus will win! and then the world will end
    and when we follow pokemon rules earth>lightning.
    I don't know why but somehow this chapter was boring for me :/
    hope next time we see some gazille vs rouge acion, or atleast what sting is going to do.
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    If we're lucky enough to see a good fight this Arc that fight gonna be Laxus Vs Jura, I really hope also that Orga fight will be off screen not interested to see another person getting one shot -_-

Jura Vs Laxus is the best match gonna be I really hope we get to see this. Doesn't matter who wins here there is no death or life just both of them testing their limits. Jura only showed interest in Laxus, so I hope their fight won't be interrupted.

He did not give us a decent finish to Jura Vs Jellal, so I really hope we get at least Jura Vs Laxus
    i probably love laxus as much as anyome.short of you ifirit

but jura would.probably defeat him, honestly i.dont see anyone short of maybe minerva or zeref and maybe natsu seriously powered up defeating jura

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone pointed out that Erza didn't block Kagura's attack so much as deflect it over her head. That matches the art, and makes alot more sense to me. Still wish the last leg of the fight had gone longer.

One note on the last point: Kagura didn't outspeed Erza, she used some sort of damage-transferring magic. This is important because Erza defeats her with a speed attack when she's in enraged full-offense mode.

Basically, the fight now makes sense to me from a powerlevel standpoint, but the quick finish still felt anticlimactic.

The three-way was awesome while it lasted; I only wish it had continued. Even so, I think it was worth it.
    Damage-transferring? I didn't get that impression, but it does make sense now. Like you say, still anti-climatic, but less of an ass-pull.

New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast