Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Will Ryner and Bertholdt succeed?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, they'll be kidnapped.

3 33.33%
  • Nope, they'll somehow be captured instead. Ironic.

1 11.11%
  • Maybe they'll only succeed in capturing Ymir.

4 44.44%
  • No, they'll be converted to aid the humans with talk-no-jutsu.

1 11.11%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 42 Discussion / 43 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 42 Discussion / 43 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post

Thus, it brings into question why are they so desperate to recruit Eren? What's so special about him that they would go to such lengths? Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt.
    I point to my previous post regarding Irvins statement, it's most likely got to do with the key.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 10er View Post
    *sigh*

A few years ago I would have probably jumped right into this and engaged in a flamewar for dozens of posts (or until a mod intervened) but... I am kind of past that stuff.
    So let me just sum up some things:
    First of all, I never once accused you of logical fallacies. But I don't even care where you got that idea. More importantly, you are still not addressing my arguments, choosing instead to complain in a rather pedantic manner about my condescending phrasing (by the way, pot, kettle, etc.) and how you consider what I said to be "claims", not "suggestions", even though the main gist of all of my posts was "we don't have enough information, don't bash the writing prematurely".
    This behavior of yours leads me to several possible conclusions:

If you really can't see what I initially meant, you are more dense than I figured; if you are still deliberately misconstruing, you are more of a jerk than I figured.

If you forgot to address my points, you are more dense than I figured; if you are still ignoring them on purpose, possibly considering them "beneath" your intellect, you are more of a jerk than I figured.

Either way I suppose there will be no fruitful discussion between us. Toodles.
    Your claim that I'm not addressing your points inherently implies that I'm setting up straw men, ergo you are implying I'm committing logical fallacies.

I also answered your points. (I specifically countered the claim that he cannot transform inside and the claim that he didn't have time to think about how to survive. I don't recall if there were other things discussed, but those were the main and they were adequately answered.) You don't like hearing that you're wrong, so you act like I'm ignoring them.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; February 17, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    If it was true that he couldn't transform because he was inside (Eren did it), then he would be thinking how to rectify that.
    I think he was. Remember how he was prepared to jump out the window with the titan chewing on his arm in tow. Was probably his chance of diving into the crowd to hide his transformation.
    -

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Athrin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kept trying to wrap my head around how Reiner's personality switch could be feasible, but all I can really do is charge it to the game and say the Mangaka slipped up. There's just no way someone has the breakdown Reiner did a couple of chapters ago and all of a sudden, remembers his duty when everything's OK. I hope nothing like a different personality is being introduced, because that's the only reason I could see the 180 happening.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4