Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Many chapters ago we saw Shanks actually inviting good old Buggy into his crew. As we know he refused and became a pirate captain on his own. The result was that Shanks became one of the yonko and Buggy became a less succesful pirate at the most peaceful ocean. Buggy is overall not very strong although he did manage to bluff his way into becoming a shichibukai.

    Now, what would have been of buggy if he did become a member of shank's crew? Does buggy have a good deal of wasted potential mainly due to his cowardice? Would he under different circumstances actually have had the potential to become an actually powerful pirate? Or would he have been in the same boat regardless of which path he took and still be weak?

  2. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Buggy potencial is only to have more influance becouse strengh of his ally. His DF is good to be pirate in the best in grand line. New World where logia is vulnerable to atack becouse many haki user. And becouse his coverdinece to develop haki by luffy will be pretty dump. Haki is ambition(COC) or courage(COA) and observation or reflex(COO).He can be strong pirate only in the way Spanda have strong subordinate Cp9. Buggy in Shanks crew only in echiro oda biuld good story up for that. Only buggy is Shibukai becouse he is ex Gol d. Roger crew member. Shanks is to. Only potencial to Buggy will be if Kidd sink more Big MoM ally flet and she share will buggy her power for some of Captain John trasure.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Many chapters ago we saw Shanks actually inviting good old Buggy into his crew. As we know he refused and became a pirate captain on his own. The result was that Shanks became one of the yonko and Buggy became a less succesful pirate at the most peaceful ocean. Buggy is overall not very strong although he did manage to bluff his way into becoming a shichibukai.

    Now, what would have been of buggy if he did become a member of shank's crew? Does buggy have a good deal of wasted potential mainly due to his cowardice? Would he under different circumstances actually have had the potential to become an actually powerful pirate? Or would he have been in the same boat regardless of which path he took and still be weak?
    I'd say he'd be a lot stronger. The path Shanks took was a difficult one with a lot of challenges. There is no reason as to why each and every character in his crew would grow exceptionally strong (I assume, since he is a Yonkou) whereas Buggy would remain weak. Buggy actually does have a great DF. If Buggy becomes extremely proficient at using his DF, then he would for example be an awful match-up for Law. Think about it. What can Law actually do against him? Perhaps he'd also be a bad match-up for Dofla.

    Also, in the world of DF, immunity to being cut is far greater than immunity to being shot á la Luffy. He was even immune to Mihawk's strike and there's nothing that suggets that a Haki-imbued sword attack would be effective.

    Buggy's DF is one of the most underrated ones to be honest.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #4
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    I think that if he would have joined Shanks that he'd at least be stronger that what he is now. He would have been fighting against stronger people and learned about Haki but due to being such a coward I can see that he'd be the weakest of the crew.

  6. #5
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    would totally destroy his character


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #6
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    would totally destroy his character
    If he had joined Shanks back then, there would be no such character. Also, it wouldn't destroy his character. Just like being strong doesn't destroy Luffy's character. If you're going to make a statement, at least elaborate.

    If I remember correctly, Oda stated somewhere that Buggy would be stronger if he actually trained. Who knows, maybe he has trained during these 2 years. At one point, the luck factor just becomes boring. Making him completely the same even after 2 years would be quite boring.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  9. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    If he had joined Shanks back then, there would be no such character. Also, it wouldn't destroy his character. Just like being strong doesn't destroy Luffy's character. If you're going to make a statement, at least elaborate.

    If I remember correctly, Oda stated somewhere that Buggy would be stronger if he actually trained. Who knows, maybe he has trained during these 2 years. At one point, the luck factor just becomes boring. Making him completely the same even after 2 years would be quite boring.
    I think he has trained. He isn't stupid and since he's now a Shichibukai, my guess is he's grown stronger as to not embarrass himself.

  10. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    if he had join shanks he would have stronger, know haki and not coward

  11. #9
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    if he had join shanks he would have stronger, know haki and not coward
    Are we talking about the same person
    Even if he joined Shanks , Buggy is still Buggy

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #10
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Are we talking about the same person
    Even if he joined Shanks , Buggy is still Buggy
    yeah, he'd still be really weak and would be screaming around everywhere.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    He isn't always a coward though, he had the balls to scream at Mihawk in his face.

  16. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Are we talking about the same person
    Even if he joined Shanks , Buggy is still Buggy
    you know that experience can change people .

    if he was with Shanks he would have be 1st crew member of Red Hair Pirates and all first mate we have see r powerful. buggys DF is also good if he able to use is with brain he can be good fighter.

  17. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    First mates who survived.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  18. #14
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    He isn't always a coward though, he had the balls to scream at Mihawk in his face.
    That is happening only when he's trying to impress someone He would never do it otherwise . He is a coward IMO

    ---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    you know that experience can change people .

    if he was with Shanks he would have be 1st crew member of Red Hair Pirates and all first mate we have see r powerful. buggys DF is also good if he able to use is with brain he can be good fighter.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that . Buggy always looks for the easy way out . Everything we saw about him was mostly cause he has bad luck and was always at the wrong place nothing more

  19. #15
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

    If Buggy had joined Shanks's crew, Shanks would be Pirate King by now. /thread

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts