Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 128 Discussion/129 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 128 Discussion/129 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    As confident as you may be in your opinion on that I'm afraid I disagree.

I think she graduated from the role the minute she tried to kill him. What she is now is anybody's guess; besides an "irregular", which she also is. She's a villain now.
    i really do want to know where she did anything remotely impressive where she prove to you that she's was worth anything and just because she an irregular doesn't mean she's anything special for all we know she could do absolutely nothing and that could be a title to cause fear of the irregular in the tower she hasn't done anything to be spoken of the way some people think she capable of except sucker punch bamm off a platform where has she planned anything she was handed everything she has now she has not lifted a finger in the whole story
    Last edited by blennz; January 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    do you remember the flash back where she started crying like a little girl that it was not fare that bamm took a test she was to scared to take and that is being weak that moment prove that she is and always will be a weakling in my eyes
    Being borderline suicidal is not courageous. That's just insanity. I'd actually say Baam was not courageous AT ALL in that situation given that to him life isn't worth living without Rachel.

Blindly jumping into a task almost certainly designed to kill you is also not courageous. That's just stupidity.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum. Apple.

That was the thing that caught my attention. Why Koon would rush ONLY after reading here name? You could say FUG but I bet it's a more prominent figure.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Being borderline suicidal is not courageous. That's just insanity. I'd actually say Baam was not courageous AT ALL in that situation given that to him life isn't worth living without Rachel.

Blindly jumping into a task almost certainly designed to kill you is also not courageous. That's just stupidity.
    i see your point got a little angry at all this rachel love where she's talked about like she has done anything worth mentioning. i mean come on all she did was push bamm off a platform from then on she just sits on a chair laughing
    Last edited by blennz; January 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore022 View Post
    i want viole to see him murder one of those (ran and novick) special ran , i fucking hate that midget thinking he is the strongest and doesnt even have a mercy........he was ordered to capture him but saying this is annoying and want to murder him......fuck i feel the similar hate i had for sakura from naruto ''sasuke this ,sasuke that''
    calm down they are only fictional characters!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

i see your point got a little angry at all this rachel love where she's talked about like she has done anything worth mentioning. i mean come on all she did was push bamm off a platform from then on she just sits on a chair laughing
    Well we don't really love rachel, but a lot of people consider her weak and stupid when there has been little to suggest this, she's also one of the people who would most benefit from Koon and his loyal members getting killed, so to say that there is no possibility at all that she is behind this is a bit silly tbh.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well we don't really love rachel, but a lot of people consider her weak and stupid when there has been little to suggest this, she's also one of the people who would most benefit from Koon and his loyal members getting killed, so to say that there is no possibility at all that she is behind this is a bit silly tbh.
    im pretty sure koon is smarter than her he has been keeping his eyes on her thats why hes helping her he even stated this don't know where she could of planned all this with koon watching don't you agree?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i really do want to know where she did anything remotely impressive where she prove to you that she's was worth anything and just because she an irregular doesn't mean she's anything special for all we know she could do absolutely nothing and that could be a title to cause fear of the irregular in the tower she hasn't done anything to be spoken of the way some people think she capable of except sucker punch bamm off a platform where has she planned anything she was handed everything she has now she has not lifted a finger in the whole story
    We'll not to put to fine a point on it but being an irregular means, by definition, that she's something special.

I don't disagree that she hasn't done much throughout the story so far but that doesn't mean she can't or won't in the future. What she has shown is a willingness to pursue her own desires regardless of the impact toward others; and considerable talent in manipulating them into doing what she wants. She faked her own injuries even before she pushed Baam off that platform. And in pretending to be helpless manipulated Baam's friends to carry her upward after that. She succeeded for years.

Now things have changed. Koon has her figured out and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she realized that. So what does she do? Using other to dispose of Koon and those in his group who can't be turned is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from her in this situation.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rachel has much more role than just being a "goal" for Baam.
    Their relationship is much more complex than what we think (SIU's afterword).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im pretty sure koon is smarter than her he has been keeping his eyes on her thats why hes helping her he even stated this don't know where she could of planned all this with koon watching don't you agree?
    Does Koon know that she knows he knows she can walk/"killed" Baam? (Ok, the story has dropped at least one hint but hasn't confirmed that she knows, YET)
    If not, then yes, she is smarter than him and could do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Koon has her figured out and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she realized that.
    I don't know how to explain her "crazy" laughter after the scene in which Koon explains his plan other than she was watching on her lighthouse.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe that Rachel has more to offer, she got some skills like being a completely manipulative and smart bitch xD I didn´t know that her light bearer skill were that good like someone said before. As we had seen before light bearers tend to be the manipulative kind with deeper motives, so i´m always looking forward to their actions. Maybe she´ll have something to do with all that has been happening. Maybe she even put the rest of Koon team against novik, ran and koon and that´s why they gave Koon that ridiculous reasons to not go with him.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well her skills as a lightbearer were beyond anyone else in part 1 so it wouldn't surprise me if she's on a different level to Koon in that sense and so she could have been keeping an eye on him without him knowing, allowing her to do as she pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixididorian View Post
    I do believe that Rachel has more to offer, she got some skills like being a completely manipulative and smart bitch xD I didn´t know that her light bearer skill were that good like someone said before. As we had seen before light bearers tend to be the manipulative kind with deeper motives, so i´m always looking forward to their actions. Maybe she´ll have something to do with all that has been happening. Maybe she even put the rest of Koon team against novik, ran and koon and that´s why they gave Koon that ridiculous reasons to not go with him.
    Well she was top seed in the lightbearer class. She was shown controlling at least 3 lighthouses over a considerable distance on the second floor when koon could only control 2, and if she was as clueless about shinsoo control as Baam was then she would have achieved this in a very short time.
    Last edited by abc1233; January 20, 2013 at 02:38 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

guys can someone explain to me wht koon is talking about when he is saying ''since i've met the blue ''dervert'' in the lab i did alot of research to never feel that horrid feeling again, i;ve learned ways to backward track them i'll catch you''....

1: who is blue dervert?!

2:what is the horrid he felt?

3: who is them thwat he is trying to catch ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On the topic of Rachel's abilities as a light bearer, remember: she has literally nothing else to do all day other than sit in a room screwing around with her lighthouse. I'm pretty sure years of that means she is QUITE skilled, even more so if you consider she was already good.

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore022 View Post
    guys can someone explain to me wht koon is talking about when he is saying ''since i've met the blue ''dervert'' in the lab i did alot of research to never feel that horrid feeling again, i;ve learned ways to backward track them i'll catch you''....

1: who is blue dervert?!

2:what is the horrid he felt?

3: who is them thwat he is trying to catch ?
    We'll have to see what another translation says, but people here in this thread think he is referring to the Koon "Hachuling" who invaded his lighthouse during the guardian's test on floor 2. The horrid feeling would then be one of helplessness.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

New questions is really the interesting in the chapter.

Apple could be the system doing interference on Koon's information radio, such a pity he's couldn't see Baam.

Bunny girl controls everything in that land, even his underlings.

Teddy being backstab was crazy and mysterious about what the fuck is happening... but one thing is clear, Baam is going to kick some white ass.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast