Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 128 Discussion/129 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 128 Discussion/129 Predictions

How are so many of you missing this? Apple is the lightbearer/scout girl on Koon's team who drinks coffee, wears red lipstick, and found the pic of Cassano.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    How are so many of you missing this? Apple is the lightbearer/scout girl on Koon's team who drinks coffee, wears red lipstick, and found the pic of Cassano.
    Her name was only mentioned briefly so it's not such an obvious fact that it should be surprising if people miss it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

snaps, I missed that too. I thought apple would of been the bunny girl. Good eye Frosty!

So what does that mean then? Is she throwing Koon under the bus as a mole for Rachel or some other third party? Either way I think Koon needs to be a little bit more concerned about this trap. He said he wanted to test the fruits of their training over the last few years but still, a little caution ya know?
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    snaps, I missed that too. I thought apple would of been the bunny girl. Good eye Frosty!

So what does that mean then? Is she throwing Koon under the bus as a mole for Rachel or some other third party? Either way I think Koon needs to be a little bit more concerned about this trap. He said he wanted to test the fruits of their training over the last few years but still, a little caution ya know?
    Yeah, maybe Koon overestimate his own skills and capacity to control the people around him and now that is going to screw his plans.

I wonder if Viole can take Ran and Novik at the same time.

Well SIU as always just messed all up and now im not really sure who is the enemy behind scene, i want to bet to some third party that wanted the upper hand in the factory match and is trying to get strong out of their way. My other thoughts revolve around Rachel or FUG, maybe they dind´t want Bamm to meet Koon and they are using the devil of the right hand to beat some of Bamm old team members like Hatsu. Still, i´m really confused right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post

I don't think you can discount Rachel using her lighthouse or hacking it to make it look like Apple is betraying him. (that's option 3 in your dichotomy) Sow discord, then either pull off a coup to replace Koon, or pull in a part of the team once it breaks apart.

Also, why do I get the feeling that Koon is somehow going to run off and confront Apple rather than walking 20 feet over and meeting Baam?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow it's not even a day and we already have 50 posts already. Keep it going guys!

That surprised me too Anyway, at this point I pretty much agree with Jammin. Apple found the picture, Apple is trying to kill him. The most likely answer as to why she's doing this is Rachel. I mean Koon told them about her but Rachel probably has the means to convince them to betray Koon. It fits awesomely well that all the other members of Koons group couldn't go to hunt Cassano, so I'm with Jammin here that it's most likely the whole team besides Novik and Ran. Heck, there might be a chance that at least Novik is a traitor too, though I'm more convinced that the two are on Koons side.

Now this is a pretty dangerous situation, I'm curious and eager to see what SIU has planned

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Wow it's not even a day and we already have 50 posts already. Keep it going guys!

That surprised me too Anyway, at this point I pretty much agree with Jammin. Apple found the picture, Apple is trying to kill him. The most likely answer as to why she's doing this is Rachel. I mean Koon told them about her but Rachel probably has the means to convince them to betray Koon. It fits awesomely well that all the other members of Koons group couldn't go to hunt Cassano, so I'm with Jammin here that it's most likely the whole team besides Novik and Ran. Heck, there might be a chance that at least Novik is a traitor too, though I'm more convinced that the two are on Koons side.

Now this is a pretty dangerous situation, I'm curious and eager to see what SIU has planned
    We'll surpass the big 3 boards one day, mark my words

Wonder why Cassano's devil is red, wasn't the full "thing" blue before it was inserted into them? Maybe he has that "thing" as well as FUG's red "thing" and thus possibly linking him to FUG? Maybe Rachel is still somehow involved with FUG?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cassano had blue effects for his devil, but even Horyang used a red fist during this fight

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thats true, his fist did get red from time to time. I think that Cassano's red fist is something to remember but not read to much into.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the backstab Cassano appears to have pulled off here is about the devil trying to become whole again. For me it's just a question of who is in the driver's seat... Cassano making the devil whole so he is more powerful, or the devil trying to become whole to break free of his bonds (trapped in human bodies).

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exclave View Post
    I'm thinking the backstab Cassano appears to have pulled off here is about the devil trying to become whole again. For me it's just a question of who is in the driver's seat... Cassano making the devil whole so he is more powerful, or the devil trying to become whole to break free of his bonds (trapped in human bodies).
    If this was the goal, there seem to be quite a number of less convoluted ways of accomplishing that.

e.g.
    1) Cassano calls Horyang.
    2) Have this exact conversation: "Hey, Ilmar. I just found something that might be related to the thing that was implanted in us. Can we meet up somewhere so I can show you it? You're on the 28th floor? I'm on the 29th. I'll wait till you make it up to my floor, then we'll talk."
    3) Meet up with Horyang
    4) Stab him.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exclave View Post
    I would LOVE to hear some backround on that demon, where it came from, what was it doing. Its clearly a strong force but if it was something that was running around wild at one time who was the guy that caught it and how strong was he? and will the rehire him at some point to get Cassano and Teddy back? *chills* fun to think about!
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Her name was only mentioned briefly so it's not such an obvious fact that it should be surprising if people miss it.
    Yeah, but in a series like this, where SIU often relies on small details, people should notice them. You're not seeing people miss a beat on Big 3 things or anything. So far in this chapter, from the posts in this thread, most people had seemed to not understand that the "blue pervert" was Hachuling or that Apple was the lightbearer/scout on Koon's team who had found the pic of Cassano. Those are two fairly big things to miss. Maybe to you they're not, but to me, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    We'll surpass the big 3 boards one day, mark my words

Wonder why Cassano's devil is red, wasn't the full "thing" blue before it was inserted into them? Maybe he has that "thing" as well as FUG's red "thing" and thus possibly linking him to FUG? Maybe Rachel is still somehow involved with FUG?
    That would be amusing if that day ever came. :P

I figured that Cassano's devil would be red even before we saw it because of the classic RTS friend or foe blue and red colorings. SIU loves references such DBZ and Star Wars, so I assumed that Cassano's devil would be red.

If you're unaware of what I speak, in RTS games, on your minimap, you can choose whether your forces and your allies are blue (sometimes the allies can be yellow, but we're just saying that the allies are always blue) and every enemy appears red (they still maintain their individual side color on the actual field of play), or you can have your minimap display all of the individual colors for each player.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; January 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

most people had seemed to not understand that the "blue pervert" was Hachuling
    We saw nothing to justify calling him a pervert, nor did they meet in a lab. The only points of overlap is that they are blue and that Koon was likely extremely disconcerted that someone entered his lighthouse. That's not a connection that anyone should be expected to make ever.

Yeah, but in a series like this, where SIU often relies on small details, people should notice them.
    He also relies on giving information outside of the chapters which is a pretty shitty thing for an author to do.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    We saw nothing to justify calling him a pervert, nor did they meet in a lab. The only points of overlap is that they are blue and that Koon was likely extremely disconcerted that someone entered his lighthouse. That's not a connection that anyone should be expected to make ever.
    Well, I made the connection immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    He also relies on giving information outside of the chapters which is a pretty shitty thing for an author to do.
    Yeah, that does piss me off at times. As much as SIU likes to universe build, it leaves us with problems.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast