Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 128 Discussion/129 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 128 Discussion/129 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The "some guy" thing may just be a bad tl on nomanga's part.

It's clearly Hachuling. I didn't think that that was unclear. He's talking about how Hachuling hacked into his lighthouse and Koon couldn't do anything about it.
    Possibly, but then she does say he'll be disappointed if he hears that, guess we'll have to wait for the other translations.

Ah, my mistake, thought he meant he was training over the last couple of years so thought the blue pervert event happened a couple of years ago which wouldn't have fit in with the hachuling event. But yeah, after re-reading it, it's clearly referring to hachuling.

Considering Apple is now involved, I'm thinking either FUG is behind this and she was sent to spy on Koon's team or this is an internal conflict within Koon's team with Rachel possibly leading the coup.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally unexpected but awesome chapter!! Shit is about to get real. And now both Ran and Novick are at the same position, when they first encountered Ilmar. Can't wait how their "misunderstanding" will turn out.

This trap was most likely set to get rid of both Teddy and Agero. But the thing that bugs me is, who would benefit the most from it especially in Agero's case?

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    But the thing that bugs me is, who would benefit the most from it especially in Agero's case?
    Rachel, especially if she has a plan to keep his team together.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Rachel, especially if she has a plan to keep his team together.
    I thought so at first but for some reason I think it's too easy to blame Rachel. Agero is her guarantee that, she'll make it 'till the top of the tower after all. As long as he doesn't know the truth.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Rachel being behind this is starting to seem more likely. As Koon said the timing of the other team members dropping out was very unlucky, but what if they didn't come because they were in on Rachel's plan too? They were the members that Rachel had successfully managed to persuade to betray Koon whilst she thought Ran and Novick were too loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I thought so at first but for some reason I think it's too easy to blame Rachel. Agero is her guarantee that, she'll make it 'till the top of the tower after all. As long as he doesn't know the truth.
    That's assuming that she doesn't know that Koon knows the truth

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like bad Scenario 2 is going down.

Horyang's down and either dead or dying. Baam about to execute Ran and Novik and Koon headed in for what is going to be awkward conversation.

I think this is Rachel's doing and she turned everybody except Ran and Novik and set this situation up to get rid of them. Maybe even made a deal with Cassano to be her heavy hitter and he was sitting there as bait. Then when Koon tried to go after him she had the members of the team that work for her stand down and sent the rest to die with Koon.

Horyang and Baam were both just bonuses and she had bunny girl funnel them in to make it easier for Cassano to get rid of the other group.

-------------------------------------

It's actually a pretty good plan.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Rachel being behind this is starting to seem more likely. As Koon said the timing of the other team members dropping out was very unlucky, but what if they didn't come because they were in on Rachel's plan too? They were the members that Rachel had successfully managed to persuade to betray Koon whilst she thought Ran and Novick were too loyal.

That's assuming that she doesn't know that Koon knows the truth
    I never thought about Rachel cause she doesn´t seems like a character with any resource or capacities to plan something like that. I mean, she´s weak and the only reasons she received help were cause a bunch of characters that were interested in Bamm or were friends with him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Looks like bad Scenario 2 is going down.

Horyang's down and either dead or dying. Baam about to execute Ran and Novik and Koon headed in for what is going to be awkward conversation.

I think this is Rachel's doing and she turned everybody except Ran and Novik and set this situation up to get rid of them. Maybe even made a deal with Cassano to be her heavy hitter and he was sitting there as bait. Then when Koon tried to go after him she had the members of the team that work for her stand down and sent the rest to die with Koon.

Horyang and Baam were both just bonuses and she had bunny girl funnel them in to make it easier for Cassano to get rid of the other group.

-------------------------------------

It's actually a pretty good plan.
    too bad its make believe since when has rachel been a super villan to come up with all these elaborate plans that most of you speak of?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    too bad its make believe since when has rachel been a super villan to come up with all these elaborate plans that most of you speak of?
    It's not that elaborate. Get a power base. Set a trap for those who you can't turn. It's pretty simple really.

The tricky part would normally be turning them but in Koon's case he never really had their loyalty. We saw what he did with the speedster he basically forced these people to be on his team. Rachel was never stupid. Just bat@#$% insane.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    It's not that elaborate. Get a power base. Set a trap for those who you can't turn. It's pretty simple really.

The tricky part would normally be turning them but in Koon's case he never really had their loyalty. We saw what he did with the speedster he basically forced these people to be on his team. Rachel was never stupid. Just batshit insane.
    rachel is and will always be weak she just serves a purpose in the story that was motivation for viole to climb the tower that is all she will ever be since and then in rest of the story
    Last edited by blennz; January 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ixididorian View Post
    I never thought about Rachel cause she doesn´t seems like a character with any resource or capacities to plan something like that. I mean, she´s weak and the only reasons she received help were cause a bunch of characters that were interested in Bamm or were friends with him.
    Well she isn't exactly weak, she is a genius lightbearer and an irregular, plus we've hardly ever seen her actually fight. She's manipulative but not in the same way as koon, the fact that she tried to convert Dan after he got told off at the very least shows us that she is wary of Koon and knows that Koon doesn't have his team's complete loyalty.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well she isn't exactly weak, she is a genius lightbearer and an irregular, plus we've hardly ever seen her actually fight. She's manipulative but not in the same way as koon, the fact that she tried to convert Dan after he got told off at the very least shows us that she is wary of Koon and knows that Koon doesn't have his team's complete loyalty.
    do you remember the flash back where she started crying like a little girl that it was not fare that bamm took a test she was to scared to take and that is being weak that moment prove that she is and always will be a weakling in my eyes

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

rachel is and will always be weak she just serves a purpose in the story that was motivation for viole to climb the tower that is all she will ever be since the beginning of the story
    As confident as you may be in your opinion on that I'm afraid I disagree.

I think she graduated from the role the minute she tried to kill him. What she is now is anybody's guess; besides an "irregular", which she also is. She's a villain now.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Think Koon's team dynamic is an unimportant side issue in this arc

Cassano couldn't have known who all would be brought by his photo, but he could expect uninvited guests because of his reputation. So he hired Bunny girl to send Horyang through and divert everyone else. Bunny girl placed Naga guy as a trap for the people she couldn't feed false information, such as Koon who just used the photo.

Guessing that Bunny girl = Apple, a light bearer known previously to Koon. She was trying to hack Koons lighthouse as part of her role of running interference for Cassano

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

do you remember the flash back where she started crying like a little girl that it was not fare that bamm took a test she was to scared to take and that is being weak that moment prove that she is and always will be a weakling in my eyes
    You're comparing her to Baam's level of courage which even shocked Evan, any other regular on the 1st floor having to take on that monster would have done the same thing as Rachel. Just because she couldn't complete an almost impossible task doesn't make her weak. Yes, she does appear to be highly jealous of others, but again that doesn't make her actually weak, just that her character is weak.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast