Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 15-16 ~ Short Stories & Fanfics!
Hello everyone, we're back to the regular art contest!
Let's take a break in the graphic contests and enjoy a bit of another side or original works! This is the final category in this first roation, Short Stories & Fanfics with the theme Closure. This means that your piece must be about the end or resolution of something, such as problems, a phase, relationships, a debate, an epidemic! Just be creative and do your magic. Here goes a sample:
Category: Short Stories & FanficsOriginally Posted by Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it in the discussion thread.
- No excessive, rude or porn-related texts in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- Maximum text lengh is 50 lines in the post.
- Submission is open until 01 / 27 / 2013 at 07 AM EDT.
Voting DetailsCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Writer Name" (Short story/Fanfic) "Comments"
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over.
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done as soon as possible after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone!
"Closure" - "Reunion" by riki
"This story is about a young man who finally meets his biological mother for the first time and finds out why she put him up for adoption.
I hope you'll enjoy! "
"Closure" - "Cutting the light - a happy ending parody" by Josef K.
"What does not kill me, makes me stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” ~ Søren Kierkegaard
"Closure" - "Sorry That I'm Stupid" by "X3D2YFaust"
"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything."
I wrote this on-the-spot, sorry if there are typos and wrong grammar
I was a stupid, and a hopeless romantic like the Stanley in this story.
Hope you will like this:
Last edited by FaustXIII; January 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
I wrote one about jorped
Dedicated to my friends at the funforum. I wrote this on the spot and it's probably too short to enter the contest, BUT WATEVAH!
It's not too short =P And as long as it follows the theme (and it does, in its way, lol), it's eligible to enter the contest. ~Far
Last edited by Farfalla; January 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM.