Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intro, I guess?....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bonerfuneral's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Intro, I guess?....

Hi, I'm Becky.

I'm primarily a cleaner, redrawer, and typesetter (To which my typography teacher would be glad I finally used his lessons for something.), but part of the reason I joined was also to improve my translation skills. (Haven't brushed up on my Japanese in a couple of years.) I love oldschool shonen manga, some of my favourites being Ashita no Joe and Saint Seiya.

In my spare time I'd love to improve my language skills and take a crack at getting a group together to translate and release Masami Kurumada's Ring ni Kakero.

I'm really jazzed to meet all of you, and if anyone needs help, I'm always willing to offer advice and help with projects!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Intro, I guess?....

Welcome to mh - glad to have you here.

Check out the Forum: Manga WorksSection - it may have some usual things for you.
    Also has the staff and projects section there - the perfect place to see if you can get someone to help you fill up them group spots.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on MH.
    I have seen that you read old-school manga, but there are also others that you're reading right now?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Welcome to mh - glad to have you here.

Check out the Forum: Manga WorksSection - it may have some usual things for you.
    Also has the staff and projects section there - the perfect place to see if you can get someone to help you fill up them group spots.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll check both out

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MH!

Your username is a bit....depressing...how did you decide on it?

If you'd like to practice your japanese then welcome to this thread

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Welcome to MH!

Come to think of it...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Welcome on MH.
    I have seen that you read old-school manga, but there are also others that you're reading right now?
    I just read Ganbare Genki (Joe kind of gave me a boxing kick). Kurumada's Aoi Tori no Shinwa is also another sports favourite. I'm not terribly into shoujo, but a friend got me to read Claudine...! and I thought it was wonderful. I'm also really getting into Osamu Tezuka, my favourite so far is Apollo no Uta, but I started reading Black jack and it's pretty cool so far. The newest thing I've read recently was Kuragehime, which isn't something I'd usually read, but it's super funny, and Monster, which is an amazing thriller. I also kind of want to try reading the Puella Magi Madoka Magica mangas, but after the anime, I don't know if my heart can handle the heartbreak.

Sorry for babbling, but what are you reading right now?

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Welcome to MH!

It actually came from joking with a friend. I said something to the effect of tmi, and he responded "That just killed every boner I've ever had, and ever will have." Thus, bonerfuneral was born!

Thankks for the link. The sections here on Japanese have been pretty helpful so far.

Doumu arigatou gozaimasu!

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

lmao - thats one heck of way for a username. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for bene

You can always ask our Mikkih for help when you need something to for assistance

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

...well best of luck to your friend then

Have you read anything else from Urasawa besides Monster?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    lmao - thats one heck of way for a username. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for bene

You can always ask our Mikkih for help when you need something to for assistance
    It sure is an attention-grabber. I love using is for online games, what rubs more salt in your wounds than being beaten by bonerfneral? lol

Will do!

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

We have a beautiful friendship.

I actually read a chunk of Pluto. The only thing stopping me from continuing is how bad it creeps me out. Self-aware robots, how about no! The Matrix kind of scared me so bad it ruined me for that concept. It's still really interesting, though. I need to finish it.
    Last edited by bonerfuneral; January 14, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Try 20th Century Boys then...the plot is more expansive than Monster, and more complex too, however the thriller dose is not the same...it's still great!

I'd also suggest Eden: It's an Endless World, by Endo Hiroki...same complexity, deep story, and a bit more mature than Urasawa's works....but it simply blew my mind

What I liked about all these titles is that the story goes on for decades, capturing the characters in different times of their lives...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonerfuneral View Post
    I just read Ganbare Genki (Joe kind of gave me a boxing kick). Kurumada's Aoi Tori no Shinwa is also another sports favourite. I'm not terribly into shoujo, but a friend got me to read Claudine...! and I thought it was wonderful. I'm also really getting into Osamu Tezuka, my favourite so far is Apollo no Uta, but I started reading Black jack and it's pretty cool so far. The newest thing I've read recently was Kuragehime, which isn't something I'd usually read, but it's super funny, and Monster, which is an amazing thriller. I also kind of want to try reading the Puella Magi Madoka Magica mangas, but after the anime, I don't know if my heart can handle the heartbreak.

Sorry for babbling, but what are you reading right now?
    Hey, no need to apologize.
    Anyway let's say that roght now I'm reading Soul Eater and many other Shonen; Sooner or later I will start reading Berserk, Gantz and well other ones. LOL

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Hey, no need to apologize.
    Anyway let's say that roght now I'm reading Soul Eater and many other Shonen; Sooner or later I will start reading Berserk, Gantz and well other ones. LOL
    Oh man, Berserk is really good! I need to get around to watching the movie that's out.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Try 20th Century Boys then...the plot is more expansive than Monster, and more complex too, however the thriller dose is not the same...it's still great!

I'd also suggest Eden: It's an Endless World, by Endo Hiroki...same complexity, deep story, and a bit more mature than Urasawa's works....but it simply blew my mind

What I liked about all these titles is that the story goes on for decades, capturing the characters in different times of their lives...
    I just started reading the first couple of chapters of 20th Century Boys after your reccomendation, and I'm hooked. I'm getting a good vibe from it so far, and the story is really engaging. I like it! I'll be sure to check out Eden, too.

I love stories like that. It's just great to watch the characters grow and change.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonerfuneral View Post
    Oh man, Berserk is really good! I need to get around to watching the movie that's out.
    The 2nd movie is out, too...we have a Berserk forum if you like to discuss the chapters and various stuff about Berserk...
    Quote Quote:

I just started reading the first couple of chapters of 20th Century Boys after your reccomendation, and I'm hooked. I'm getting a good vibe from it so far, and the story is really engaging. I like it! I'll be sure to check out Eden, too.

I love stories like that. It's just great to watch the characters grow and change.
    Great!! I'm glad you like it....there is a sequel too after you finish it 21th century...a short sequel and not as good, but it's still a good read

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast