Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

3 18.75%
  • Excellent

11 68.75%
  • Top 10 in Magi

2 12.50%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    [...]
    By the way, since this arc is moving fast, I assume that the outcome of this war is not about which side is going to win; Raem or Magnoshuttat; probably Ohtaka wants to show us another side of both countries during this war to further develops the story after this arc ended. I mean, if this arc is only about who is going to win or lose, then it would be meaningless to increase the pace of the story the way it is now, imho.
    Presenting Kou Empire's plateau troops was for something, wasn't?

With this factor, i don't mind fast pace... but truly, this is how battles entertain mankind, it isn't a matter of emotions or feelings in it's midst. It's the one of many crude images of human nature. Must say that i understood why Ohtaka did those chapters about Mogamett and his intentions. War is fast, no one can think while killing and Ohtaka does it marvellous without respect for each other. It has a content behind, someone much better than any other war i've seen.

About the chapter; excellent, much better than expected. Aladdin sure it's going to defy his goal of withstand Al Sarmen menace on the wizards because of carnage.

Ali is eating popcorn and watching this behind a ship, hope he enters soon.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I'm thinking Aladdin will probably meet up with Alibaba soon.

I don't have any qualms about the pacing. Overall, compared to other series I've read, Ohtaka doesn't drag out her arcs, and this one is of no exception. In fact, it's welcoming since I'm not sitting here waiting for exciting things to happen in the series. Each chapter thus far has had it's own element of excitement, and it makes waiting a week to read a new chapter worth it. But keep in mind that this is merely my opinion.

Regarding this chapter itself, I have no words. The Fanalis corp showing up was somewhat expected, and I suspect Kouha will also make his appearance soon. I'm interested to see what influence Aladdin will have on the battle. If the other Fanalis are indeed part of Mu's household, this could spell trouble for Magnoshutatt.
    I'm aware of the author's pacing but what I am surprised so far with how things are handled is as I said earlier how quickly a chapter and whatever content it has becomes passé. The pacing not of battles but of constant reveals that trumps what the other side had previously shown is what my qualm is. To the point that its just three chapters its fallen into a repetitive pattern that just doesn't excite me because I know whatever is introduced will become entirely useless in a chapter or two not because it was brilliantly outclassed but simply inferior to whatever the opponent has in store. Its not exactly something I've seen the author do, or to be more exact quickly ferret herself a hole in which to handle such an occurrence.

I understand that the main event will be Aladdin, Albibaba, and the Kou empire but I don't think its such a great thing to make the dash the main event so apparent that the chapters despite being important aren't as important as they could have been, or better presented.

Outside of pacing issues I'm honestly wondering why nobody seems to notice that Magnoshuttat is a country that needs to disappear. Fact that its developed such strong weapons of mass destruction that if it happens to fall into the Reim or Kou empire hands would inevitably lead to a much bigger catastrophe. Frankly, Aladdin's got his work cut out for him, and this to me would be the real interest because this so called war between the two countries just flies right by me since I know the current chapter is entirely going to be useless coming next chapter. But yeah its not a good sign for me when I am just thinking "just get this over with as there is something far more interesting out there" guess it tends float over with others better.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    By the way, since this arc is moving fast, I assume that the outcome of this war is not about which side is going to win; Raem or Magnoshuttat; probably Ohtaka wants to show us another side of both countries during this war to further develops the story after this arc ended. I mean, if this arc is only about who is going to win or lose, then it would be meaningless to increase the pace of the story the way it is now, imho.
    I don't think Magnoshuttat was ever in the running for actually winning the war since the real combat should be between Reim and Kou empire and to whom Magnoshuttat and all its magical tools as well as geopolitical advantage would fall into. I get that Magnoshuttat is essentially fodder at the end of the day for the grand scheme just wish it wasn't so painfully obvious with how poorly both sides are managing their battle.

Edit: Honestly some rough statistics of the ratio of loss between the Reim empire and the magical academy would have been nice, I mean we suddenly see losses on the side of the magical academy at least give an idea of how many Reim soldiers it took to take down one from the academy.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 20, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see things, Magnoshuttat and Reim are going to have to ally themselves to fight against the Kou empire at this point. It's either that, or they both get overtaken eventually.

I understand that Mogamett would be heavily against this, but as far as I can tell, losing even one high class magician is huge loss in battle ability, and Reim has taken heavy casualties thanks to that weapon. Although the main force are clearly the Fanalis, foot soldiers are pretty important too.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Presenting Kou Empire's plateau troops was for something, wasn't?

With this factor, i don't mind fast pace... but truly, this is how battles entertain mankind, it isn't a matter of emotions or feelings in it's midst. It's the one of many crude images of human nature. Must say that i understood why Ohtaka did those chapters about Mogamett and his intentions. War is fast, no one can think while killing and Ohtaka does it marvellous without respect for each other. It has a content behind, someone much better than any other war i've seen..
    Yes, but If I'm allowed to make a comparison, what constitutes a war arc is normally not dealing with the battles and weapons stacked up every chapter, in my opinion; tedious speech (what Scherry did in the last chapter) and miserable scenes (like what is shown in this chapter) usually last longer, if Ohtaka wants to emphasize on the war itself in one way or another. I do not hate or dislike the way Ohtaka preserves the story before us, but I'm more or less questioning her motives why she somehow increases the pace of this war though... but probably like already being said, the juicy part is going to be about Kou v. Raem - there is nothing much happened about Raem v. Magnoshutatt, in this regard.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This is war alright. :O
    A magic nuke out of nowhere... Damn this is intense...
    Next week the epic Fanalis Corps... I wonder where Alibaba is?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

magnosh is an important country in this series because the discrimination of magicians are highlighted in here... the questions how will aladdin solve this because that is his final goal t get rid of discrimination and defeat the al sarmen. It is true that the manga is pacing to fast however you can't really judge it for now because they only eliminated the useless stuff which is the army and the shield>>> if the future chapters will highlight the fight between the finalis and magician mano a mano, I think the pacing was just right. .

Personally I think that aladdin will stop the current war between reim and magnosh when mogamett use the black djinn although this is quite obvious. . on the other hand if reim is too much to magnosh even after using the black djinn and mogamett died . .Aladdin will become magnosh's magi and tried to resolve the discrimination . .The war was also a good introduction to the 4th magi

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2