Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who arrives first?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frankenstien

8 57.14%
  • Rajak

4 28.57%
  • It'll be a tie

2 14.29%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 267 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 267 Review

Last week's poll was on who was stronger the 7th or the 5th's Elder. The majority, including myself, voted with the Lady Werewolf. After all, my mother always said a woman with back hair should be both feared and respected.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Zarga Siraina. As if we didn't have enough reason to hate you, now we learn you use a crappy rope dart.

This chapter begins with Sangeen and Yontsu looking on at the battle from a distance were Seira has finally lost her cool and struck the first blow against the man who killed her father, the 7th Elder Zarga Siraina.

Her attack is blocked easily by the 8th Elder and afterward the 7th steps forward to duel her by himself saying that this is probably the way she wants it. He talks down to her a bit and then attacks with a beam of red energy. She manages to cut the attack in half with her soul weapon but he follows up and gives her a cut on the side of her stomach. The fight goes on and she manages to hold her own a little better but can't even scratch the 7th Elder.

He pauses for a moment to compliment her on her skill for her age but even so her power is "insignificant" and that it now makes sense to him why people say she's the weakest clan leader in history. She counters that she doesn't want to hear that from someone with so little honor but he just uses it as an opportunity to taunt her with how her farther died spouting the same words. At this provocation she launches the Reaper attack at him with her soul weapon.

In the helicopter Frankenstein announces that he will be jumping off early to help Seira and that he wants the rest of them to proceed to the house. He states that, though they all have improved, none of them can fight an Elder yet; even going so far as to say that he himself can't be sure of victory this time. He also tells them that he suspects someone will "try something" in the opening created by the Elder's attack.

Meanwhile, Yuri, Mark, and a young looking kid named Kelvin are preparing to "try something". Yuri figures the direct approach is out this time but Mark has prepared a method to have the RK-4 bring the information to them.

As the RK-4 arrive at Frankenstien's house. M-21 gets a call telling him to bring the information to the school as ransom for the Shin Woo and the gang and hangs up. Tao says it will take time to create passable fake information and stays behind and the other three head to school.

Back at the battle in order to counter Seira's attack the 7th Elder drew out his Soul Weapon. It's spearhead on a chain, which seems to be a variation on my most loathed of all the martial arts weapons I've used..the rope dart (only slightly worse than the 3-sectional staff). Seira dodges a few attacks but is quickly overwhelmed and takes a vicious slash through her left shoulder.

Chapter Review

I can already see him trying to work out where to put a bunch of these...

Substance

This chapter fulfilled one of my great hopes for Noblesse in the way it handled this battle. It actually made one of the big characters an underdog. These Elders are the real deal. Seira was simply no match for Zarga Siraina, she fought bravely and well but at the end of the day he was simply too strong for her. Will Rajak fair better? Is this an opponent that can take Frankenstein on? I don't know and the fact that I don't know makes this battle arc one of the best in Noblesse so far. When you consider the other two Elders in addition to him things start looking pretty grim for the good guys, particuaraly if we are right about the Lady Werewolf being the strongest.

Mark's strategy of taking the Shin Woo and his friends hostage because of their value to M-21 is a great development. Regis, Takeo and M-21 versus Yuri, Mark, and Kelvin. That's a tough fight for the RK-4 but not impossible. And with Shin Woo and the gang threatened we can be sure Raizel will be getting up soon. Mark picked a far bigger fight than he intended when he kidnapped those particular kids.

The question is "How will Raizel wake up?". I personally hope Tao will wake him. Because of how complex an emotional thing that would be. On the one hand, to wake him is to put him into a situation where will fight and possibly die. On the other, not giving him the chance to protect those he cares about is a betrayal. It's a hard choice, but I would love to see Tao make that choice.

Presentation

I really liked the way this chapter was drawn. It wasn't perfect and at times the facial expressions and detail didn't exactly shine but the way the perspective on the attacks was done was excellent. It was always clear what was going on and the scale and power of the combat was impressive. In addition I thought it did really well at making Seira, who is normally so stoic, very expressive. Her being angry, exhausted, injured, and frustrated was important for this part of the story and it came across quite well.

Pacing was fast, dense, and riveting. Seira's hopeless battle, Mark's evil scheme, and RK-4's impending battle all of gave a firm shape to this arc. The battle with the Elders is large scale and brutal but, at the school, will be another battle on a smaller scale that feels every bit as important.

Overall Rating

This chapter deepened my sense of excitement to this arc by involving Shin Woo and the gang in the RK-4's impending battle. It also gave me everything I'd hoped for in Seira's battle.

I give it a 5 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • Tao will wake Raizel.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 26 Losses)

"More traitors than just Roctis are in league with the Union" ~ Win
    This one has been right for a while and I just forgot about it.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 267 Review

Let's hope children's memories remain intact this time. It's the right time for them to be involved on a larger scale other than kidnapping tools.
    This chapter proved that kidnapping runs in Union's blood. Actually, I am glad that authors didn't forgot all those M-21/24 union chapters.

I liked Zarga's soul weapon. It was cool, at least he got a chance to pose unlike other elders. It's a pity he would die at the end of this arc.
    It looks like 8th (Original Frankenstein's Monster) is really weak, maybe on same scale as of the three good for nothing deceased elders.

Knowing Noblesse, I guess Rajak or Frankenstein would arrive at the end of next chapter. Start will probably be focused on RK & Children.

Just hoping that Frankenstein doesn't overpower Zarga. Well, the theory Charlie posted about a possible contract between Rai & Frankenstein can come into affect... (Rai & Franky's souls are connected, so contract theory won't sound unrealistic).

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

On the poll: I think Franky will arrive first. He was jumping out of the helicopter in this chapter, so it shouldn't take him long to arrive to the scene of the fight. Rajak is god knows where from what was shown so far. Also, Rajak's a stealth fighter, so he can plausibly save the day at the moment when it's the least expected
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another awesome chapter reivew Jammin.

Another uneasy poll choice - hard to say as the toss up is 50/50.
    Although its pretty evident Franky or Rajak wil appear.
    I kind of envision Rajak quietly appearing to save the day in the silent style he posses.

Though either one is fine as Seria needs help - so far the union is playing smart in the fight.

For the poll I chose Rajak and its an even split tie at the moment.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like ppl aren't really fond of the unlikely "arriving at the same time" choice. But hell, that'd be hilarious - like, Franky and Rajak arriving from the opposite directions at the same time...
    Erfworld

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Seems like ppl aren't really fond of the unlikely "arriving at the same time" choice. But hell, that'd be hilarious - like, Franky and Rajak arriving from the opposite directions at the same time...

This is also a very high possibility - which will also be very interesting.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Franken arrives first and while he fighrs Rajak attempts to assassinate one of the elders.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    This is also a very high possibility - which will also be very interesting.
    I'd say it like this: the possibility of this happening is so low that it's very high, but it's actually quite low (as in the possibility of it happening by chance is low, so it's an interesting plot twist, which makes it very likely to happen in general, but there are so many interesting plot twists possible that the possibility of this being exactly it is low ). (There's a hidden pun here - the president of Slovakia has a famous figure "fortunately, but maybe unfortunately that fortunately".)

But Seira isn't doing that bad. The Reaper would've taken out base Siriana (I'm sure he didn't "take his out" just for fun), and Seira got hurt more seriously only thanks to a distraction from 8th. I'd say Franky with DS would be able to take him out, from what we've seen.
    Erfworld

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Siriana didn't just fooling around like certain blonde with dark gun. Overpowering enemies just for his amusement ... at least he could do it with a style (and that's the difference between first and second class figter )

About Franky and Rajak ... i hope for hilariousity, so I voted for a tie :P

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Frankenstein fighting and either getting seriously injured or using a great amount of power will awaken Rai. Franken isnt going to make it out of this fight unharmed so theres a chance he might start to be consumed by the dark spear and go berserk.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of the poll, I'd say that Franky shows up first as Rajak and Rael are off who knows where. Siriana rightfully won against Seira as that's what logically should've happened and I liked that. I do hope that there won't be any scarring on the front, otherwise my hope for FrankyXSeira may be in danger. I don't think that Franky would take someone who's got scarring in the front.

While it gives RK-3/4 an opportunity against an equal number of opponents, the fact is that even with a bit of training against Franky, Yuri should still be above RK-3/4 on his own. Moreover, I just hate that Noblesse is going back to the "children have been kidnapped" plot. It's uber-old and uber-lame at this point.

The art was better than ToG's this week, so that's a plus, and it actually sort of works with Androssi's Dragonball comment as Seira forced Siriana to pull out his SW even though Siriana had called her pathetic.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    In terms of the poll, I'd say that Franky shows up first as Rajak and Rael are off who knows where. Siriana rightfully won against Seira as that's what logically should've happened and I liked that. I do hope that there won't be any scarring on the front, otherwise my hope for FrankyXSeira may be in danger. I don't think that Franky would take someone who's got scarring in the front.

While it gives RK-3/4 an opportunity against an equal number of opponents, the fact is that even with a bit of training against Franky, Yuri should still be above RK-3/4 on his own. Moreover, I just hate that Noblesse is going back to the "children have been kidnapped" plot. It's uber-old and uber-lame at this point.

The art was better than ToG's this week, so that's a plus, and it actually sort of works with Androssi's Dragonball comment as Seira forced Siriana to pull out his SW even though Siriana had called her pathetic.
    i dont think even after training under frank yuri can take rk 3/4 on his own. if u remember frank told rk4 that they have become very strong but they r not on level where they can fight elder. and i can say 100% yuri is not on even on 12 elders level so i think 1 of rk4 can fight yuri equally or 19/20 . i dont think difference of power in yuri and rk4 member will that big .

good thing can happen now is frank come first and fight 7th and when 5th and 8th r watching fight rajak come ninja style and kill 8th .

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Regis could possibly fight Yuriy 1 on 1, I'm not sure about winning though. It would probably take 2 of the other three to take him down. That might change since we haven't seen the results of their training but it would be a bit disappointing if one of the trio defeats Yuriy. I can buy Regis because I believes hes the strongest of the 4.

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys we r talking about RK4's power level but what about yuri's power level. as far as i see elders r high class fighter and yuri & co r normal class fighter . RK4 was easy class fighter before training but after training i think they have become normal class fighter . also if u guys remember 2 member of yuri's group girl and man who come with 10th & 11th elder were no challenge for frank. so in power level i dont think yuri's power level is unreachable for RK4

i want yuri to die because he didnt have much to do or u can say he can replace . as a spy he never able to find who frank is or anything about rai. and now crombell didnt need him to find about frank because after this fight union will know about frank

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My take on Yuri is that he's likely substantially stronger than any of the RK-4 individually. I seem to recall him holding his own against Franky little bit during the showdown with Takeo's false sister. So he probably gets really tough when he gets serious.

My guess on who gets which oppenent would be..
    • M-21 vs Mark
      Could it be any other way?
    • Regis vs Kelvin
      "The kid's meal" battle.
    • Takeo vs Yuri
      They are the only two left with an open dance card.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 17, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

29. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast