Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Capture level estimate: Godzilla

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Capture level estimate: Godzilla

What do you all think Godzilla's capture level be if he was in the Toriko universe? Would he even have one or would it be impossible to capture? I'm not gonna lie, I'm leaning towards the latter.

For those who aren't aware of Godzilla's abilities, I'm gonna list a few: He has tanked black holes like they were nothing, he has also closed black holes with his atomic breath, he was shot with an absolute zero ray and all it did was damage his chest slightly, his regeneration ability is so great he once regenerated when he was nothing but a beating heart, he can propel himself with his atomic breath, sleeps in the core of volcanoes, can survive in space, knows martial arts (yes seriously), he has destroyed a meteor with one shot of his atomic breath before it could reach the Earth's atmosphere, you know what here's a page listing SOME of his stuff http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=279352

I'm thinking his level would be impossible. He is the king of monsters after all, what do you all think? I could be wrong, the mother snake does look formidable, not strong enough to beat godzilla mind you, but formidable nonetheless. (Mother snake could swallow him but he'd bust out in a jiffy) I'm hoping there is a Godzilla-like monster in the series at some point in the Gourmet World

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Capture level estimate: Godzilla

you would think that the dish god was actually part of godzilla's tail or something lol. He will only surface from his deep slumber once every eclipse and they would try to cut some of his meat.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

ahh godzilla will be like a little kid here in toriko universe ... toriko kugi nail gun can do atmoic bomb level damage... 3 people could scare those frightened apple to level 90's which was close to destruction of the world...and 4 beast was something that even world army could not take down together... but godzilla in his movies always go down (at the hands of normal people) ...i guess gourmet world pros will intimated godzilla and tame it...even zeburas dharma horse is bigger than godzilla (he was shown much larger than 2 of the highest gourmet towers which are really high when compared to towers in normal world) and definitely powerful...godzilla in toriko universe can max be around capture level 100 that too imo is taking things too far...i expect toriko to beat all other mangas (except DBZ) in power levels someday...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    ahh godzilla will be like a little kid here in toriko universe ... toriko kugi nail gun can do atmoic bomb level damage... 3 people could scare those frightened apple to level 90's which was close to destruction of the world...and 4 beast was something that even world army could not take down together... but godzilla in his movies always go down (at the hands of normal people) ...i guess gourmet world pros will intimated godzilla and tame it...even zeburas dharma horse is bigger than godzilla (he was shown much larger than 2 of the highest gourmet towers which are really high when compared to towers in normal world) and definitely powerful...godzilla in toriko universe can max be around capture level 100 that too imo is taking things too far...i expect toriko to beat all other mangas (except DBZ) in power levels someday...
    WOW that statement is just wrong, Godzilla's regular atomic breath is already like a Nuke going off, his spiral ray is far more powerful than that even, and if you read that link he also has the nova blast he can radiate from his body which is just as strong if not stronger than his atomic breath. Toriko can destroy large rocks with his punches but they aren't close to "Nuke level" yet, will he get there? Sure I can see that, but whoa this post is so wrong, Godzilla has defeated monsters much bigger than he is, Size does not matter, I don't know if you realize but he is basically indestructible and has regeneration that makes Wolverine's look like a joke.

I don't know what Godzilla you're talking about being taken down by the military, are you sure you're not thinking of the American Godzilla film? Godzilla is impervious to most weaponry, he's defeated monsters who have eradicated planets before, and monsters who were designed specifically to destroy Godzilla's cells and it barely harmed him, and as I stated before he was hit with an ABSOLUTE ZERO beam, look up the term Absolute zero to get a better understanding of what that means, he's also picked up and thrown creatures weighing 30,000 tons clear over the horizon in seconds and into space, and also he's survived black holes, no fuckin way he's lower than CL 1000, I'm sorry but your post is just wrong. Godzilla would have kicked the Four beasts ASS

EDIT: Tl;dr Godzilla is a foe not even Superman could beat to put things into perspective, not BSing you there, I don't blame you for not knowing this, most people underestimate Godzilla, he is the KING for a reason
    Last edited by DarkRyu; January 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 types of godzilla 1 is being shown in the western movies which really is nerfed in every aspect. The roginal godzilla fight monsters in japanese movies like the infamous spinning turtle monster gomorrah or something etc. I dont think that version ever reach the west unless you look for the videos in the dark corner of that rental tape shop. Its a classic kaiju movie. Tho godjirra did die a few times but revived in weird way

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Godzilla capture level will be in the range of 1-2 Million.

Nobody in Naruto/Toriko/One piece verse can come close to defeating Godzilla.

If Goku in dragon Ball Z was a monster. He'd be a Godzilla. Enough Said.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kraidazen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

it's safe to assume that godzilla would have a minimum capture level of 1000 considering his acts on various movies and comics but we do not know the exact upper limit of gourmet world monsters. heck, the current standard basis for gourmet world monsters are the four beast and each beast is roughly on par on godzilla's physical strength. speedwise and healthwise, godzilla needs a lot of improvement. special abilities and toughness though is way higher than the four beasts (although the toughness part is shaky at several points).

and as for superman not beating godzilla, the ultimate incarnation of superman is godlike. do you think godzilla can defeat that ?
    Last edited by kraidazen; January 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRyu View Post
    WOW that statement is just wrong, Godzilla's regular atomic breath is already like a Nuke going off, his spiral ray is far more powerful than that even, and if you read that link he also has the nova blast he can radiate from his body which is just as strong if not stronger than his atomic breath. Toriko can destroy large rocks with his punches but they aren't close to "Nuke level" yet, will he get there? Sure I can see that, but whoa this post is so wrong, Godzilla has defeated monsters much bigger than he is, Size does not matter, I don't know if you realize but he is basically indestructible and has regeneration that makes Wolverine's look like a joke.

I don't know what Godzilla you're talking about being taken down by the military, are you sure you're not thinking of the American Godzilla film? Godzilla is impervious to most weaponry, he's defeated monsters who have eradicated planets before, and monsters who were designed specifically to destroy Godzilla's cells and it barely harmed him, and as I stated before he was hit with an ABSOLUTE ZERO beam, look up the term Absolute zero to get a better understanding of what that means, he's also picked up and thrown creatures weighing 30,000 tons clear over the horizon in seconds and into space, and also he's survived black holes, no fuckin way he's lower than CL 1000, I'm sorry but your post is just wrong. Godzilla would have kicked the Four beasts ASS

EDIT: Tl;dr Godzilla is a foe not even Superman could beat to put things into perspective, not BSing you there, I don't blame you for not knowing this, most people underestimate Godzilla, he is the KING for a reason
    ahh definitely i was talking about the movies i saw...i read the whole wiki article now... lol my assumption was wrong definitely...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kraidazen: Are you referring to Superman Prime 1 million? Or are you referring to Thought Robot armor Superman? Either one would be able to defeat Godzilla I believe. To me, factoring in all of Godzilla's feats, one of which was a canon story where a weakened version of Godzilla defeated the Avengers + Hercules, the only real way to beat him is to send him to another dimension, or dissassemble him atom by atom (which I believe both have been tried and failed in his movies go figure). But yeah those versions of Superman I think would, I was referring to the regular Superman though

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be one hell of a motherfucker. LOL
    Talking seriously, I think that it would be high, but it wouldn't exceed 150.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    It would be one hell of a motherfucker. LOL
    Talking seriously, I think that it would be high, but it wouldn't exceed 150.
    I think you're underestimating him, his Spiral ray was able to push back and destroy a meteor flying towards the earth faster than light (would have destroyed the earth had it hit), he's far more durable than anything we've seen in the series too

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRyu View Post
    I think you're underestimating him, his Spiral ray was able to push back and destroy a meteor flying towards the earth faster than light (would have destroyed the earth had it hit), he's far more durable than anything we've seen in the series too
    We have yet to see the beast of the GW.
    Some of them could perform the same feats of Godzilla.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I've only watched Godzilla movie from 1998., had no idea about his incredible power and feats from Japanese movies. I downloaded the latest movie Godzilla: Final Wars and gonna watch it to see what he is capable of

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

The Japanese Godzilla can Single Handely eliminate all Toriko Monsters + Characters COMBINED.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfinitfx View Post
    The Japanese Godzilla can Single Handely eliminate all Toriko Monsters + Characters COMBINED.
    Indeed...as of right now Godzilla would solo the verse, but who knows how it'll be by the end of the series. I get the feeling that the whole space thing is just foreshadowing for the inevitable "Toriko...IN SPACE" arc, and that's when things will really get crazy.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply