Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Taking all those pills made hody on jinbei's level when it came to physical strength, based on the way their water shots clashed, but jinbei had more technique, fighting experience, and i'm pretty sure haki as well, the only reason hody was such a problem for luffy was because they were in the water, but still, hody got one good bite on luffy and he almost died, until luffy advances his haki to the point where he can block sharp attacks as well and not just blunt attacks, he's not ready for a yonkou, you can't take out a big fish if a you can't handle a little bite

did luffy and law give buffalo and baby 5 to the marines, or are they keeping them and caesar? i couldn't really tell when i read the chapter
    Last edited by redhairSH; January 24, 2013 at 01:03 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Doflamingo's full power is unknown, he came out of the whitebeard war with no visible injuries, and luffy almost died from injuries he got from hody(fishman who can't beat jinbei)

Also, Luffy was confident enough to take on all three admirals during the marineford war, and magellan in impel down, still got beat down in both places
    Yes luffy got beat down at marineford and against magellan, but also you gotta remember he had no idea what haki was, so of course he would lose to strong logia users..... so the fact he even put up a fight is incredible by itself.
    Im pretty sure his confidence matches his skill and knows how strong yonko are due to the marineford war.

You cant compare dofla present strength to luffys past.....Its been 2 years since the war also and not only has he become even stronger then he was he has basically perfected haki, which was one of his biggest weakness so im pretty sure he can take doflamingo haha

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Yes luffy got beat down at marineford and against magellan, but also you gotta remember he had no idea what haki was, so of course he would lose to strong logia users..... so the fact he even put up a fight is incredible by itself.
    Im pretty sure his confidence matches his skill and knows how strong yonko are due to the marineford war.

You cant compare dofla present strength to luffys past.....Its been 2 years since the war also and not only has he become even stronger then he was he has basically perfected haki, which was one of his biggest weakness so im pretty sure he can take doflamingo haha
    he hasn't perfected haki yet, he has already stated that his armaments haki isn't good against sharp attacks, his conquerer's haki isn't at shank's level yet(oda stated that shanks would have been able to take out all 100,000 of the new fishman pirates), the only haki he has been shown to have pretty much perfected is observation haki, but he hasn't fought any opponents since the timeskip that have haki(except smoker in tashigi's body), so its unknown how he would really do against an admiral or a yonkou, and doflamingo was strong even for a shichibukai, in the war he fought crocodile and jozu, and never had to show his real power, he hasn't even been shown with an injury of any kind.

Luffy has all three kinds of haki, but so far two of them are shown to not be on yonkou level yet(conquerer and armaments), and he hasn't been seen fighting any opponents who have haki since the timeskip, and he almost died from a wound received from pill enhanced hody because his haki couldn't block the attack

Joker's abilities are still mostly a mystery, what is known is that vergo was his subordinate, and that law was also until recently, and he was able to fight crocodile(logia), jozu(haki user), and atomos(whitebeard commander) and leave with no visible injury

I really can't wait to see the SH crew make huge waves in the new world, but if i was luffy i wouldn't underestimate pirates like joker or any of the yonkou, the only yonkou he has seen in a real battle was whitebeard, and at the time whitebeards age had somewhat hindered his fighting abilities, joker wont have that problem

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy had three fingers so that leaves shanks out right? unless he did not know blackbeard became yonkou

but the translation did say as long as shanks aint first which could mean he's taking him on last but it will be a friendly fight for sure if that happens

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling Law doesn't know Luffy has already challenged Big Mom, and after Pekoms and Tamago saw the broadcast they assume Luffy has started an alliance with Law to fight her. With any other pirate this might not be a problem but Luffy will probably get him roped into the beef inadvertently.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy wants to fight Shanks that means Ussop will have to face off against his father.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nitin's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

more importantly luffy vs shanks should be without any alliance as that is what luffy wanted crew stronger than shanks crew.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy and Shanks do fight at some point, it's probably going to be a mano a mano match, where the loser has to back down. And Usopp could have a targeting contest against his old man. I don't see why their crews would engage in an all-out battle.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Doflamingo's method of flight and Buffalo's allow for different travel speeds... It's all speculation, but since it's Shonen I'd say Doflamingo would travel faster... Just because he's more badass! Personally I'd be shocked if he's not here in 1-2 chapters.. Law wanting to get out of there is indication of the danger of waiting around.

I'm also curious what that other mysterious bird like shadow is as well. Perhaps an envoy from Kaidou, or whoever Jack is.......
    This thing arriving at PH could be a distraction allowing the SH alliance to get out of here...
    I really hope it's a birdman envoy from Kaidou, who's pissed he won't be getting more Smile anytime soon...
    As I said earlier I do think that Doflamingo landed on island already- during party- but he knows same as we know that he cant take on Strawhats(Monster Trio together can fend off/defeat an Admiral I think), Law, Smoker+G5 marines. Crazy doesnt mean stupid and he is not Whitebeard. So I think that first thing for him might be to wait a little for perfect moment to take hostages or he can just go to SAD room, put Vergo back together and attack with him after groups will split, simply part ways so to say. I would do it this way
    We did not get any serious, long fight in New World(Smoker vs Law wasnt a fight for me but rather show off) so its perfect moment to show glimpse of how dangerous this all "Take down Kaidou plan" is with fight that will make monster trio use almost all of their strenght after two years of training just at beginning of that plan.

Luffy saying that he will beat up Emperors with smile on his face is.. Umm.. he is who he is so, he saw a lot during war.. He is cocky, thats a bad thing for me but I do think that he has beaten Rayleigh after 1,5 of training they had and thats reason why Rogers first mate left him for half of year alone on that island, saying that he dont have anything more to teach him. This would somehow explain why Rayleigh who fought all kinds of people during many years on Rogers ship says to Luffy.
    "Go straight to the top".

When it comes to Zoro and his "level". He trained for 2 years with someone who for me is "Perfect Cell" of One Piece- Dracule Mihawk. People like to say that Mihavk isnt that great because he did not "own" Vista who whas "just" one of Whitebeards commanders and all I have to say is that Mihawk isnt all about power but I imagine him as perfection when it comes to technique, not "own everyone who doesnt seem Admiral level fighter in seconds" type of monster. Same with "who is stronger Shanks or Mihawk?" discussion. Zoro did not defeated him but surely closed the gap between them.

As for Sanji he had his two years in Hell. Literally. He shown amazing willpower staying a real man after two yers with monsters. When he was taking challenge from Ivankov it was show that Iva had one of 99 recepies in his hand so he was one of fighters that Sanji had to defeat in order to get all 99 recepies or at least make him give up last recepie. As it was shown last chapter he became fantastic cook who is one of greatest assets in crew, he is somehow helping Chopper with recovery of crew after each big fight. If anyone says that Sanji had his leg damaged after all that training he is right, Sanji underestimated Vergos hardness but just wait and see that Vergo will be said to be Metal paramecia Devil Fruit user with armor Haki on legendary level praised by people like Doflamingo, Cesar, Smoker etc.

And as ending to my post @Poneglyph420 - about man from the shadows- just look at Razh posts last 100 of them
    Last edited by vagabond87; January 24, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    If Luffy and Shanks do fight at some point, it's probably going to be a mano a mano match, where the loser has to back down. And Usopp could have a targeting contest against his old man. I don't see why their crews would engage in an all-out battle.
    How about a davy back fight

Doflamingo is cunning ... and he can try fighting/provoke and still escape if he thinks that he is being pushed back by the forces gathered on Punk Hazard... But he will definitely makes an appearance on Punk Hazard

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    As I said earlier I do think that Doflamingo landed on island already- during party- but he knows same as we know that he cant take on Strawhats(Monster Trio together can fend off/defeat an Admiral I think), Law, Smoker+G5 marines. Crazy doesnt mean stupid and he is not Whitebeard. So I think that first thing for him might be to wait a little for perfect moment to take hostages or he can just go to SAD room, put Vergo back together and attack with him after groups will split, simply part ways so to say. I would do it this way
    We did not get any serious, long fight in New World(Smoker vs Law wasnt a fight for me but rather show off) so its perfect moment to show glimpse of how dangerous this all "Take down Kaidou plan" is with fight that will make monster trio use almost all of their strenght after two years of training just at beginning of that plan.

Luffy saying that he will beat up Emperors with smile on his face is.. Umm.. he is who he is so, he saw a lot during war.. He is cocky, thats a bad thing for me but I do think that he has beaten Rayleigh after 1,5 of training they had and thats reason why Rogers first mate left him for half of year alone on that island, saying that he dont have anything more to teach him. This would somehow explain why Rayleigh who fought all kinds of people during many years on Rogers ship says to Luffy.
    "Go straight to the top".

When it comes to Zoro and his "level". He trained for 2 years with someone who for me is "Perfect Cell" of One Piece- Dracule Mihawk. People like to say that Mihavk isnt that great because he did not "own" Vista who whas "just" one of Whitebeards commanders and all I have to say is that Mihawk isnt all about power but I imagine him as perfection when it comes to technique, not "own everyone who doesnt seem Admiral level fighter in seconds" type of monster. Same with "who is stronger Shanks or Mihawk?" discussion. Zoro did not defeated him but surely closed the gap between them.

As for Sanji he had his two years in Hell. Literally. He shown amazing willpower staying a real man after two yers with monsters. When he was taking challenge from Ivankov it was show that Iva had one of 99 recepies in his hand so he was one of fighters that Sanji had to defeat in order to get all 99 recepies or at least make him give up last recepie. As it was shown last chapter he became fantastic cook who is one of greatest assets in crew, he is somehow helping Chopper with recovery of crew after each big fight. If anyone says that Sanji had his leg damaged after all that training he is right, Sanji underestimated Vergos hardness but just wait and see that Vergo will be said to be Metal paramecia Devil Fruit user with armor Haki on legendary level praised by people like Doflamingo, Cesar, Smoker etc.

And as ending to my post @Poneglyph420 - about man from the shadows- just look at Razh posts last 100 of them
    I like your take on the monster trios growth, but I don't think that Luffy has defeated Rayleigh in some sort of friendly match. Shakky estimated him as being 100times stronger than any of the SHs, so I think that would be impossible to achieve in two years. Also Rayleigh is probably in the top5 of strongest characters so far, so if Luffy had beat him the rest of the manga would be mostly a cakewalk. I agree on your assumptions about Sanji, he must have been able to beat Ivankov at some point which is an incredible feat. Also I am overly excited about Zoro finally telling what happened to him while training with Mihawk. After all, there's that thing with the missing eye that needs to be cleared as far as I can remember.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I really thought everyone saw this coming... It's only logical that Luffy will face Shanks. Shanks is one of the strongest pirates, and his objective as a pirate is the same as Luffy's - to become the greatest pirate = find the ultimate treasure. Shanks will probably end up helping Luffy become the pirate king, but their controntation is destined since chapter 1 (in my opinion).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy and shank will fight. But a friend fight to find out who got the better team. We know that from the begining. But for the other yunko. He will fight then to beat then.
    I was wondering. Would it be better if zoro fight shank. Cause shank fight with a sword and hes friend and rival with mihawk. The rival i dont know. But the friend im sure.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    Luffy feel pretty confidence about his power, i mean he saw how powerful whitebeard( yonkou) was while saying that he will take all the yonkou out himself, i don't know if luffy meant shanks too while i can't see luffy fighting shanks to the dead but just a friendly fight so show shanks how much luffy grow all this years and that he really meant becaming the pirate king.
    Confidence doesn't necessarily mean he'll win. It means Luffy THINKS he will win. Even after being beaten by Crocodile twice, Luffy was still confident he'd win the third time. The only time we ever saw him lose confidence was after the war, after Ace died. Otherwise Luffy would always be confident regardless of how powerful his opponent is. Though, he didn't show confident against Aokiji, he didn't show fear or thoughts that he'll lose either.

Dunno why people don't believe he won't fight Shanks. He will, or he's willin to. What better way to show he's superior or a pirate king than to beat the four emperors? If he can't beat Shanks, he can't technically be free.

I think the three fingers have to do with him not counting Big Mom? Especially since he already vowed to beat her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    he hasn't perfected haki yet, he has already stated that his armaments haki isn't good against sharp attacks, his conquerer's haki isn't at shank's level yet(oda stated that shanks would have been able to take out all 100,000 of the new fishman pirates), the only haki he has been shown to have pretty much perfected is observation haki, but he hasn't fought any opponents since the timeskip that have haki(except smoker in tashigi's body), so its unknown how he would really do against an admiral or a yonkou, and doflamingo was strong even for a shichibukai, in the war he fought crocodile and jozu, and never had to show his real power, he hasn't even been shown with an injury of any kind.

Luffy has all three kinds of haki, but so far two of them are shown to not be on yonkou level yet(conquerer and armaments), and he hasn't been seen fighting any opponents who have haki since the timeskip, and he almost died from a wound received from pill enhanced hody because his haki couldn't block the attack

Joker's abilities are still mostly a mystery, what is known is that vergo was his subordinate, and that law was also until recently, and he was able to fight crocodile(logia), jozu(haki user), and atomos(whitebeard commander) and leave with no visible injury
    Again you are comparing doflamingos present to luffys past hahaha, im pretty sure luffy could destroy croc and all them without getting touched in his recent state. I hope you know not only was luffy fighting in the water which made him incredibly slow and weak, hody popped a shit ton of the pills.

Yes you are right about his armanent haki not being perfected and not good against sharp attacks when he was fighting hody, but that was when he was trying to harden his whole body. So maybe when he uses half of his body or only his arms it can handle sharp attacks and be unaffected. His observation haki and conquerors haki is pretty much perfected, he knocked out 50,000 people with it.... just cause he didnt knock out 100,000 like shanks doesnt mean he cant, like they said conquerors haki is based solely off spirit and as you know luffy has a shit ton of spirit so im pretty sure he can do pretty close to shanks lol.

Dude go back to the marineford when he was fighting them and put everything he has now. The reason he couldnt touch them was cause he had no haki. I think he can take Dofla youre making him seem like a god.
    Last edited by s2k03; January 24, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast