Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    i hope it is not true,luffy cannot possibly be eager to fight shanks,whom he should respect the most. There were translations which said that rufy said :"well,as long as it's not shanks in ok with that", and I hope that's the real one!
    I think Luffy will be more lighthearted with his approach to taking down Shanks. Like maybe the Strawhat crew will go around having big parties with all the islands that Shanks controls so that their too hungover to party with Shanks and his crew. Or he could challenge him to a Davy Back fight, I think that would be a really awesome way to take down a Yonkou since it's a test of pirate skills and it ends with a duel between captains. They could probably keep the weird boat race, but substitute that weird footballesque game with a sniper competition so Usopp could surpass his dad.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the translation to this manga isn't accurate. Luffy doesn't want to fight shanks if you noticed he is only holding 3 fingers up not four

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it'll be Luffy taking on Shanks - captain against captain. If anything, Zoro will either take on Mihawk (who isn't Shanks's enemy, at the least) or a sworduser in the crew. Just because Shanks fights with a sword wouldn't necessarily mean he'll fight Zoro. Crocodile fought with the metal hook, but Luffy still fought him when Zoro would have been a better choice against that. Unless Shanks isn't the real captain, he's definitely fighting Luffy. Boss fights boss, it's been like that in almost every action manga, from Dragon Ball series to Yu Yu Hakusho to even Bleach.

For all we know, Shanks uses sword as his secondary way of fighting since it's easier.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yoshidr View Post
    I think the translation to this manga isn't accurate. Luffy doesn't want to fight shanks if you noticed he is only holding 3 fingers up not four
    In MangaStream's version, he says he'll take down all four emperors, but in MangaPanda's version, he says he'll take down all emperors. So far, two translators have translated into the same meaning - that Luffy will fight and beat SHanks, Big Mom, Blackbeard, and Kaidou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Before luffy and shanks fight start, luffy will have to. Cut one of his arm to be a fair fight.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubt it, considering Shanks was still feared even among the Marine. Blackbeard and Sengoku backed off and didn't even try to attack Shanks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yoshidr View Post
    I've just read the raw and it is clearly "as long as it isn't Shanks, that's fine.." But then right after says "But I'm going to beat them all myself"
    IMO the one finger down was signifying Kaidou..... Luffy will face all 4 Yonkou for sure...

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    BB is definitely a Younko.[/B] If it's a new term you're looking for, let's see... "Younko" basically means Four Emperors. So if supposedly BB wasn't one, and there were only 3, the new term would simply be Three Emperors.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Yonko
    * Yonko not Younko

To add something to discussion- I liked how Smoker acknowledged that Law could have killed him in many occasions. For me it somehow shows that Law, Luffy, Kidd and maybe some of the supernovas have strenght on "level" between Vice Admiral and Admiral. I like how it sounds. If we have Monstre Trio in Strawhats Crew the we can say that only they make this crew really dangerous. Its not like those crews in new world have many monsters like Luffy, Zoro or Sanji. I know it might be too much but I do think that Law would beat Vergo no matter how Doflamingo marine mole would take that fight- serious or not he would be down sooner or later. So for me this makes Luffy more dangerous than Vergo, Zoro and Sanji- lets say they are equall to Vergo(cant wait for Sanji vs Vergo rematch).
    So If we say that crew has 3 Vergos on deck + mecha pirate + amazing sniper + someone who can control weather + guy that controls big crowds + doctor with not known extent of powers who can turn into monster with strenght to literally "throw mountains"(at least tip of one ) + Robin( Im to lazy to go into further details lol ).
    Thats crew that has to be acknowledged even by Emperors.
    I fell like I didnt get enough of action during Punk Hazard, well I seen some scenes but there was only very few that had big impact so lets all hope that with messing with everyone strawhats will be pushed far in fights soon. Maybe in few chapters. Doflamingo wont kill anyone I think, he will just show us that there are people in New World that are deadly dangerous no matter how long you train. I do hope that it will bring back some tension from before time skip, tension that I someghow start to miss, for me its only thing that One Piece after time skip lacks at least for now.
    Last edited by vagabond87; January 26, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what will happen of Smoker goal after that. His aim was to arrest Luffy, but instead he was saved by him for the second time. Also, he was not able to defeat either Law or Vergo so can he still ambition to beat Luffy ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i the only one who thinks it's hawk eyes mihawk. The mystery man, if you see the picture it looks like he's carrying his big sword on his back. and he was sailing alone first time we saw him on a small boat. similar to this. and he's also laid back so it could be him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Still i didn't expect to see another Yonkou involved so fast when we just got to see Big Mom . But i can't deny that with this move Oda made me curious to see that guy . As for Kaidou working with DoFlamingo , why not ? IMO i think he's involved with all Yonkous . Even if he's Shicibukai , he's firstly a pirate meaning he wouldn't think twice about kicking aside this farce of Shicibukai = "good pirates that work for the WG "
    Shicibukai = 7 most powerful pirate with Get out of Jail free card
    WG didnt care if they r good or bad

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A c e's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in seeing shanks crew vs luffys crew. He would probably be the last out of the four (after Blackbeard imo) I think luffy's last battle for pirate king should be against shanks. Also usopp's dad belongs to shanks crew. Interested in seeing how that plays out.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

My trolling sensor is off the charts, never thought I'd see this here

Eh well let's forget about this trolling a bit and focus more on the thread before Uriel snaps and delete pages and pages of this topic
    As for Shanks, daily reminder that Luffy doesn't want to face him first, Mangapanda's translation is wrong

Damn, now I wonder how Oda is gonna pull this... BM receiving the Tamatebako and possibly opening it, and then Kaido being the Yonko that makes deals with Dofla (still I believe that BM too strikes business deals with him too)

This is gonna be intense

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post

Eh well let's forget about this trolling a bit and focus more on the thread before Uriel snaps and delete pages and pages of this topic
    As for Shanks, daily reminder that Luffy doesn't want to face him first, Mangapanda's translation is wrong

Damn, now I wonder how Oda is gonna pull this... BM receiving the Tamatebako and possibly opening it, and then Kaido being the Yonko that makes deals with Dofla (still I believe that BM too strikes business deals with him too)

This is gonna be intense
    I think that this page
    http://mangarulereader.hostoi.com/MA...garule#page=17 hints towards Kidd, Hawkins and Apoo starting fight with Big Mom, it looks like Killer is mastermind of this alliance, he came up with idea to take down one of emperors with alliance of four Supernova and their crews. Sooo with Kidd destroying 2 of Big Mom ships as Tamago said at the end of Fishman Island arc, so with it maybe plan was started? Like attacking those 2 ships might have been first step to weaken Big Mom in a way?

I sure hope we wont get now arc like Whitebeard War arc. I want to see some long full fights not many fights at one time with few panels of each fight in each chapter.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A c e's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post

This is gonna be intense
    Lol it's gonna be a rookie vs yonko war

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A c e View Post
    Lol it's gonna be a rookie vs yonko war
    Yeah that's how it seems, although it looks like Shanks/BB won't be targeted anytime soon, but we can expect at least 3 big shots to fall : Kaido, BM, Doflamingo, that would definitely throw the NW into complete chaos

Well, it may also be possible that Law is allied with Drake too, I don't think the guy wouldn't take part into this mess either

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast