Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchen View Post
    Do you need Shinokuni to be a insta-sure-kill gas bomb? Think about it, you're a bad guy trying to take out masses of people, putting them in a stonemantle is going to do the job. They don't have to be killed since you'd expect that every single one of the people are being "stoned". If I was a bankrobber I'd be pretty excited to say the least. Also I'm pretty sure that at some point you will just suffocate inside of it.
    But remember that Caesar did want to kill people. The coating effect was intended to keep the people stopped while the poison effect makes his job. Or that's what I remember about it (if I'm wrong, correct me). Besides o it, he was introduced as an expert in mass murderer weapons. But, in the end, we have a posion that doesn't poison too much; and a coating that is easily breakable (the same resistance than a big vase). All of that developed in 3 years of experimentation... It seems that one of his candies is much more dangerous that his ultimate and superfadooper shinokuni. And that Caesar is just a bluff. His main role reduces just to develop the SAD. And that beyond what Oda wanted us to believe some months ago.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so it doesn't kill people right away. Let's all cry how Oda trolled us.

Except if someone were to use it prior to invasion it would remove any possible defense and allow the attackers to do what they like. Plus, affected people die anyway if nobody helps them.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

After almost 700 chapters, people are still expecting mass murder in One Piece?

The minute shinokuni started hitting people, I knew it could be healed.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can understand that shinokuni doesn't kill, besides the fact that it was presented to us as a mass murderer weapon. But, I didn't expected to see Kinemons out of the coating in this chapter. That was also a trolling panel, and my post was about it mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    About mass murder in One Piece, do you know what is a Buster Call?

And about dead people in OP, you also can make you own perspective reading this thread.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    How many people did die during that Buster Call in Ennies Lobby then?

And about dead people in OP, you also can make you own perspective reading this thread.
    Characters in the past have died, yes. In the present, however, Ace and Whitebeard are the only confirmed deaths. Pell survived. Bon Kurei survived. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Bellamy was still around somehow.

Oda uses death in the "present" very sparingly. It'd be a big shift to go from zero to hundreds, and while that would tonally reflect the harsh nature of the New World, it would be a big departure from his style.

So yeah, I wasn't expecting any mass murder from him, and I'm still not. If it ever happens, I believe it'll be a thing of Ace and Whitebeard proportions, not some nameless pirates and marines in a backwater island in a joke-villain arc.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Itachi being a good guy was a troll. It's typical One Piece. I'm not sure why you'd expect anything different. If you want death that badly, go read Blade of the Immortal.

The minute shinokuni started hitting people, I knew it could be healed.
    It's actually really, really funny. People actually expect Oda to change what he does after after fifteen years. The same people had the same reaction that Vergo survived. As if it's commonplace for villains to die. Now watch everyone try and make a rule out of exceptions (Monet).

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well cc was going to turn everybody into stone. But he got the antidote or a way to free then. So he can later use then. Unless they use fire on smiley and die by the explotion.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It's actually really, really funny. People actually expect Oda to change what he does after after fifteen years. The same people had the same reaction that Vergo survived. As if it's commonplace for villains to die. Now watch everyone try and make a rule out of exceptions (Monet).
    I'll believe Vergo and Monet are dead when I see their (unmistakeably) dead bodies.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know characters have died. You didn't have to point this out. Please don't act like the rest of us are stupid. Characters do die in One Piece, but they are exceptions. As in the general rule is that in the present storyline of One Piece, characters usually do not die. But there have been a few exceptions. If you expect an exception, you should also expect to be disappointed. Don't call it trolling though. Oda did not change the rules of his universe. It's your expectations that were wrong.

After 700 chapters and 15 years, only one mass killing has taken place in One Piece, and none in the present storyline. This is another example of an exception. The Buster Call at Ohara was meant to illustrate a very important plot point; the World Government is willing to kill to keep the True History a secret. That has ramifications that could reach past Raftel.

The War also is an exception. The only event of it's kind in One Piece, and an essential plot mover. The War overturned the balance of power, ended the previous age, allowing for the rise of the "Worst Generation" that Luffy is a part of. Like Ohara, it was an event of unsurpassed magnitude, that will effect the entire story.

Shinkokuni was not a plot changer of the same order as Ohara and the War. The outcome of the entire manga does not change because everyone lived. Had they died, the story would not be any different either.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I'll believe Vergo and Monet are dead when I see their (unmistakeably) dead bodies.
    Vergo most definitely is not. We know he is alive. Monet could be, but we all know how that goes.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 27, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that shinokuni doesn't kill and why, in terms of plot development, and also, I don't like it. That's my right.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 27, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Shinokuni does kill, only slower than expected...

Yes, it appear that Shinokuni is a paralytic gas which hardens when in contact with living organism and puts them in some kind of suspended animation, since they don't seem to suffocate even though surrounded with hard matter which shouldn't allow them to breathe. Not exactly a toxic gass. Based on what Smiley slime was doing, it would made more sense if Shinokuni was melting people...

Basically, what CC produced is an artificial version of Boa's power.

It would be easy to feel trolled and I can understand anyone who isn't happy about it. But at least this way it's lighter. Everyone survives and there are no melted people.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    In the war two years ago, many people died. Many of WB's men who were buried alongside him and many MHQ soldiers who died there too. Wasn't that a mass amount? At one time in the manga, I was watching people dying one after the other. It was a mess, so it's natural to expect Oda to murder with his drawing pen many people
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-54923...apter-590.html
    Like I said:

"Oda uses death in the "present" very sparingly. It'd be a big shift to go from zero to hundreds, and while that would tonally reflect the harsh nature of the New World, it would be a big departure from his style.

So yeah, I wasn't expecting any mass murder from him, and I'm still not. If it ever happens, I believe it'll be a thing of Ace and Whitebeard proportions, not some nameless pirates and marines in a backwater island in a joke-villain arc."

We really didn't get that many confirmed kills from Marineford either, despite being a full-out war between Navy and the strongest pirate crew in the World. I'd bet all the money in my pockets on how most pirates that bled profusely on screen were carried away and healed, and most marines that were down were taken to hospitals and lived.

I don't remember (and can't find) that much about other pirates being buried with WB and Ace, or any kind of death count at Marineford.

Vergo most definitely is not. We know he is alive. Monet could be, but we all know how that goes.
    Well, the room he was in did explode when he was nothing but a head on a stick and body parts on the floor... but Pell also blew up and he got better.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the room he was in did explode when he was nothing but a head on a stick and body parts on the floor... but Pell also blew up and he got better.
    You're referring to this, right? Not sure why I didn't make the connection between the SAD room blowing up and Vergo. Oops~ Add him to the Gecko Moria list.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he can clad himself in Haki even if he's in pieces, if Kinemon's situation is any evidence. I'd give more chance to him than to Monet.

You're referring to this, right? Not sure why I didn't make the connection between the SAD room blowing up and Vergo. Oops~ Add him to the Gecko Moria list.
    Moria list?

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Always possible. If CoA can stop logia devil fruit powers, why not an explosion? Who knows, maybe we'll see him getting hauled off to Marine HQ, maybe not. Either way we're all getting a little off topic

Vergo's fate is a good topic for elsewhere in the forum, if someone wants to start a thread.

New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast