Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stormking1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Don't pay any attention to the mangapanda translation. The mangastream is the correct one. in that one luffy said as long as shanks isn't first.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apsire View Post
    hey guys, I'm not sure if I saw this correctly, But I thought that as a quick spit-take, Oda said Shanks would be first.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/696/20
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/668/3
    The first link is a picture of the latest chapter. It seems to say that Shanks will be first. Which is what I thought as first for some reason. I mean, it isn't completely out of the question seeing as Luffy is supposed to return the hat eventually.
    The second link is just the original page of the conversation between Luffy and Law, which shows that Law is speaking both time. But, it really seems in that page that they are going after Shanks.
    Na, it's Kaidou. Luffy wanted it to be Shanks first but then he says "oh well", so they're still going after Kaidou

Quote Originally Posted by stormking1 View Post
    Don't pay any attention to the mangapanda translation. The mangastream is the correct one. in that one luffy said as long as shanks isn't first.
    Even in the mangastream one, he says the order doesn't really matter so I doubt it's that important what he said about Shanks.
    Last edited by abc1233; January 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I try and apply logic to a shounen manga

So after all the trouble of setting up a potential showdown between Mam and Luffy, all of a sudden Kaidou is the target? What happens when the bomb reaches Mam? And what of Fishman Island, which she has threatened to destroy? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    It's been a long time since I last posted. But about momonosuke, I think he reversed to the human form because he ate Vegapunk's ADF, not Caesar's smiles... There must be differences between them, since Vegapunk is more talented!

Also I don't know if someone said before, but it is possible Pekoms and Bepo ate smiles, both don't seem to return to human form. But Pekoms must have eaten a real DF too, if we assume a smile user can also eat a normal DF....
    Pekoms had no human form. He is a anthropomorphic lion who ate a turtle zoan. Notice the turtle shell. Bepo has not yet been identified as a fruit user, for all we know he actually is a talking bear. Had Momo been unable to transform back, he would have been the first fruit user unable to deactivate their ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    I guess that the Punk Hazard will be the second exposure of the SH to the world upon their return after the havoc that they'd cause at SA. Usopp has a point that the WG will just put all the blames on them including the kidnapping of the children since they will not leak that it was one of the high ranking Marine official who is behind the kidnapping and the conspiracy with Caesar.
    There is no need to blame the Strawhats anyway, or expose Vergo's role. The children were kidnapped by Caesar Clown, a fugitive with a 300million beri bounty. He was to blame in the first place, no need for any government cover ups. They simply have to omit the fact that Vice Admiral Vergo was covering up for Caesar. They could even say that he gave his life, fighting alongside Smoker, to capture the dangerous criminal mastermind Caesar Clown. What guarantee is there that Smoker even tells his superiors that the Strawhats were there?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/1 so caribo looks like a certain captain on that island,the favourite one by kaido. it's nice it's happening that way,but I wonder how oda will handle this situation without damaging the plot.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 1nfamous's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Decent chapter I have to say and on mangastream, on the first page, it says "Calm before the storm."

Something I want to touch upon that is going to be pretty important:

Kinemon & Momo
    1. What really surprised me was that Momo was super hungry and he wouldn't eat, but Kinemon believed in the SH.
    2. Something like betrayal or maybe the code of Wano that Momo was raised in.
    3. For instance, the samurais are not to be in contact with outsiders. Thus the statement that Momo stated, "I'm surprised you were able to leave." (to kinemon)
    4. Something like Kinemon not being able to leave the Wano state without being penalized. (Banishment)
    5. I'm starting to think that the next arc is going to be Wano. Well, an attempt to get into Wano if they can.
    6. Next chapter, we'll probably touch upon background story of Kinemon and possibly a cliffhanger on DD crashing the party.

Misc:
    1. Well, least Luffy was able to actually say that he wants to take down Shanks, and not wanting to be "allies"
    2. More so, I can't wait to see the interaction with Luffy, Law and Zoro talking about the "Alliance"
    3. Did Franky fall in love with the Tanker? I hope Sunny is in the tanker, and that explains why Franky was hiding on it?
    4. Why else would Franky fix the tanker ehy?

I would say, there is probably 4 chapters left before new arc starts, because the manga's at 694. Oda probably won't start the new arc until chapter 700 probably.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a feeling that we could go into the wano country arc next but I also think Momo and his dad could head back first with the straw hats promising to go see them into the future. Then when they go to meet up with them in wano they find out soemthing happened to momo and his dad.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/18 ahahah this page was really funny,likely the funniest in this chapter! at first,the g5 denying their previous sentence,and then zoro teaming up with them. also,law's reaction was clearly traumathic

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose Dofla will be breaking up the party. I wonder if the Marines will still be there when he arrives. I imagine Smoker will be taking Caesar with him, back to HQ. If that is the case, and Dofla does not reach Punk Hazard in time, I wonder how he will react. Losing Caesar would be a pretty big blow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nfamous View Post
    1. What really surprised me was that Momo was super hungry and he wouldn't eat, but Kinemon believed in the SH.
    Samurai do not accept charity from strangers...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/18 ahahah this page was really funny,likely the funniest in this chapter! at first,the g5 denying their previous sentence,and then zoro teaming up with them. also,law's reaction was clearly traumathic
    Yeah Law is shocked at the incompetence of Luffy as a captain. He is like WTF I just told you we got to get moving because we are in danger and you said you understood and then started to party.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a feeling that we could go into the wano country arc next but I also think Momo and his dad could head back first with the straw hats promising to go see them into the future. Then when they go to meet up with them in wano they find out soemthing happened to momo and his dad.
    I also think there will be a Wano Country arc soon. It would make sense. The Strawhats could give them a ride back, initiating the arc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I suppose Dofla will be breaking up the party. I wonder if the Marines will still be there when he arrives. I imagine Smoker will be taking Caesar with him, back to HQ. If that is the case, and Dofla does not reach Punk Hazard in time, I wonder how he will react. Losing Caesar would be a pretty big blow.
    i think DD will show up too late and everyone will be gone already. Rightwhen he starts to rage mysterious shadow AKA Aokiji shows up. Also Law said they needed CC so I doubt they will let smoker take him. They will probably end up taking baby 5 and buffalo as well.

Its true they don't accept charity but there seems to be more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I also think there will be a Wano Country arc soon. It would make sense. The Strawhats could give them a ride back, initiating the arc.
    Yeah Wano country seems to be coming up next. I wonder if Law will be joining them on their journey to Wano. He is a swordsman afterall he along with zoro and brook could use a nice chance to test their skills.
    Last edited by stormking1; January 23, 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahahahaha, the Luffy/Law moment was priceless. XD
    I hope that Luffy will keep on doing stupid things so that we can see Law's reactions. LOL
    Anyway I quite liked this chapter and it's always funny to see the Strwhats parting.
    Luffy's comment sure is interesting; can't wait to see how he will deal with the Yonkou.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Ahahahaha, the Luffy/Law moment was priceless. XD
    I hope that Luffy will keep on doing stupid things so that we can see Law's reactions. LOL
    Anyway I quite liked this chapter and it's always funny to see the Strwhats parting.
    Luffy's comment sure is interesting; can't wait to see how he will deal with the Yonkou.
    It was funny but the the interesting thing is how quick he accepted and sat down and started drinking. Also The way he talked about who was using who Law seemed to have a strange smile about it, almost like he was starting to like luffy.

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we know Kaidou is Law's target, I think it is safe to say he was the one who built an army of Smile users. Otherwise why would attacking Punk Hazard be step one of Law's plan? What I wonder now is if that was actually Kaidou riding the bird. He would have a stake in the fight, he needs Smile to build his army. He could have been informed about the attack, set out for the island, and fallen asleep on the way there. The other Yonkou have all so far been shown to have slightly eccentric personalities, why not Kaidou too?

i think DD will show up too late and everyone will be gone already. Rightwhen he starts to rage mysterious shadow AKA Aokiji shows up. Also Law said they needed CC so I doubt they will let smoker take him. They will probably end up taking baby 5 and buffalo as well.
    It would be kind of a let down if even the Strawhats were gone. Even if the decisive battle is later, I'd at least like to see the first confrontation. It would feel like a waste if the shadowy figure and Dofla show up late, and the main character is gone.

Quote Quote:
    Its true they don't accept charity but there seems to be more to it than that.
    My interpretation was that Kinemon let Momo know that the Strawhats were friends. They were enjoying a celebratory feast with friends, not accepting charity from strangers.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah Wano country seems to be coming up next. I wonder if Law will be joining them on their journey to Wano. He is a swordsman afterall he along with zoro and brook could use a nice chance to test their skills.
    I'd hope so. If he does not then he'd have to rejoin them again at some point soon. Until Kaidou is defeated I imagine Law will be an every chapter character.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

It was funny but the the interesting thing is how quick he accepted and sat down and started drinking. Also The way he talked about who was using who Law seemed to have a strange smile about it, almost like he was starting to like luffy.
    By the end of the saga I fully expect Law to respect Luffy for his reckless side, to accept him as the true embodiment of what it means to be a pirate.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the alliance with Law will be going after kaidou, at least thats the plan, hopefully that will somehow bring Drake back into the story, whether he is opposing or working for Kaidou. Law said that the only way to survive in the new world was to constantly challenge or join with a yonkou, that makes it seem like there are more than just a few crews who resist the yonkou, which might mean other potential enemies or allies in the new world besides just the yonkou, other supernovas and the marines.

Since it seems early for Luffy to be taking down an emperor, even with Laws help, they will probably take down Doflamingo and his crew first, or some other strong opponent, so that the straw hats can level up and get stronger before going for the big fish, or maybe members of Kaidous crew or his allies(like the 43 strong crews that were allied with but not a part of whitebeards crew).

If the smiles are artificial df's, then does that mean that they don't have the normal df weaknesses? like seastone and the sea? that would make an army of smile fruit users invaluable to a yonkou, or anyone, maybe law wants this for himself

Since Law is going against Doflamingo, are the heart pirates going with him, or will they stay loyal to Doflamingo?

That shadow from the last chapter could still be anyone, i still hope that it's either a new admiral or a new shichibukai, I want to see who the new big names are in the world

I hope the alliance stays together at least unitl they achieve their goal, maybe they could join with a third crew and take on kidd's alliance
    Last edited by redhairSH; January 23, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

New Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast