Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by stormking1 View Post
    It was funny but the the interesting thing is how quick he accepted and sat down and started drinking. Also The way he talked about who was using who Law seemed to have a strange smile about it, almost like he was starting to like luffy.
    I think Law kind of finally realized that he is going to be a benefit to Luffy just as much as Luffy will be to him, its just that Luffy probably isn't thinking along the lines of "using" anyone but in the end he still gets people to help him regardless. Also it would be a very nice twist if Law is already in an Alliance with Drake, it could explain where the rest of his crew is and why he chose to go after Kaido. I mean he did tell Luffy that there is much more to his plan and this Alliance, its just that for now he didn't need to know all of that.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
    I cannot imagine Luffy really trying to wipe the floor with Shanks. I think he might want to fight him man to man (a friendship battle) but not to beat him badly.
    Either way, Shanks wont survive the manga. I think he will die sacrificing himself for the strawhats. But thats another story.
    luffy is strong enough to defend himself this is the new world

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Karibou has been given by the grandma the commander's coat and he is now mistaken for him. See how he's got the same star badge than the soldiers on their beret. I wonder who these guys are, maybe they are part of some New World revolutionary group : the five points could represent the four Blues and the Grand Line.

Did anyone notice that Sanji and Brook were bulding an igloo on the background ? Brownbeard and some of his men are getting captured when they could just have waited for Law to take the poison out... Does that not sound stupid ? Oda may have some plans for BB with the Marines - some testimony against CC ?

Sanji's recipe will make them ready for some clash with Doflamingo. Mononosuke will have to tell his dad that he actually ate a Devil Fruit during his own journey. Oda is teasing us with Kinemon and Mononosuke's story : Sanji's said that something happened and that is probably why they are crying after Kinemon said "let us live".

Finally, it's awesome how the two serious people here are still on the background each being on his own camp's lines. They have not been drawn by the party and they are still thinking about what will come next. By the way, the mysterious person may be Kaido's broker since he is almost confirmed to have the smile army.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post

Did anyone notice that Sanji and Brook were bulding an igloo on the background ?.
    i saw that, but i don't think it's an igloo, but rather the brick oven/stove that sanji cook's the stew on.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 88maroon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sanji was building the thing the big pot went on top of. this chapter was pretty good to me. For some reason i have a feeling of a power change has happened in the samurai country. I hear a lot of talk about drake and kidd. i think the one supernova we are forgetting about is hawkins. i think through the time skip, he has gotten really strong and has gotten more in tune with his df powers

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Yeah Luffy did declare that he would fight BM and protect FI from her and all of that. But then again this is Luffy, and he would literally say something like that to anyone who threatened his friends. However Kid on the other hand already attacked BM's crew and took down one of her ships. So i think hes got a personal vendetta against her or something along those lines, kind of like how Drake decided to go after some of Kaido's men right on their territory. I think personal vendettas make for a far more interesting story line then just fighting to protect someone or something all the time.
    Kid attacking Mam might have been an early example of what Law would ultimately explained. New World pirates are either allies of Yonkou, or enemies. We know where Kid stands because of his attack on Mam. It would be interesting if he defeated Mam, as long as Oda doesn't leave any unresolved plot from the end of Fishman Island.

Drake interests me. While we know his attack was intended to draw Kaidou's attention, we still don't know the outcome. I actually think it would be interesting if his attack was a show of strength, intended to convince Kaidou he would be a reliable ally. It might be a stretch, but I like the idea of Drake as a bad guy, fighting against the Strawhats on behalf of Kaidou. It might be a little out of character for a member of the "Worst Generation" to willingly become subordinate to one of the older generation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say I'm a little disappointed by this chapter, it's my fault because I saw a spoiler pic and misinterpreted it but still... how more cool it would be if Law and Smoker were sharing a cup of sake instead of just drinking some soup? I know it would be totally OOC for them to do so but I still can't help feeling a little sad that that was not the case ^^

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giotto10 View Post
    all i'm saying is that this chapter was the calm before the storm.
    Well, that was said about the party chapter on FI, though the end of the FI arc it self was a calm before the storm in terms of setting up the whole New World, where it seems Luffy continues his trend to "beat them all".

Favorite part for me was the LINE OF JUSTICE, and when Sanji relied what happened to it, ah, Oda can make even the most simple things funny, when THE STOMACH IS EMPTY there is no pirate, no marine.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post

Did anyone notice that Sanji and Brook were bulding an igloo on the background ? Brownbeard and some of his men are getting captured when they could just have waited for Law to take the poison out... Does that not sound stupid ? Oda may have some plans for BB with the Marines - some testimony against CC ?
    I think Brownbeard is just mentally broken. He is someone who was not ready for the New World. First his legs are cut off, then his mysterious savior turns out to be a madman who was just using him as a guinea pig, then he had to run from an apparently deadly gas cloud and in the end he was brutally beaten to the ground. Prison is going to be paradise for him compared to the hell of the New World.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO seriously this chap was so very funny , especially that time with Kinemon . Loved Sanji's reaction The SH's are the best , there can't be a funnier crew than them out there

Also quite surprised the Yonkou was Kaidou . I mean 1st Big Mom , then Kaidou . Luffy is getting himself into big s**t not that i don't like And what was with Luffy's answer lol He's gonna wipe the floor even with Shanks , that's a reply fitting a careless guy like Luffy
    As i was saying some time ago , Oda is really betting a lot in this NW saga . Looking forward to see his next step

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I'm not sure that He remembers that Blackbeard was recently called a Yonkou.
    I bet he doesn't . He doesn't care about anyone after all.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    Kinemon said that it's alright and he is sure that evryone is alright. Does that mean Wano country is in some trouble? If so, will the straw hat make it their next destination and help Kinemon's country and its people?[/B]
    Nice theory . Seeing their reaction i have to agree with you . It may be possible something is happening in Wano Kuni atm

I really wanna see that country And i bet Oda will show it to us Luffy is weak to people in trouble after all !

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The_kid View Post
    I think that Monet is Dead... Ceasar pierced her heart
    Vergo is only cut up into pieces... so i would say a living comatose state... (till someone fixes him up) not gonna be soon...
    Seeing Kinemon alive after being broken in pieces i'm starting to think Monet is alive as well even though her heart was pierced by CC

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    So, will the Straw Hats be leaving Punk Hazard on the Sunny or the tanker?
    There's no way they will leave Sunny there Franky will go crazy and not only that , everyone likes Sunny . We're talking about their 10th crew member after all

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Uriel said the shadow was off topic. If you still think we don't have overdiscussed it last week, you can create a thread.

As for the fact that the yonkou is Kaidou and not Big Mum, I'm not that surprised. When everything points toward one thing is always suspicious and mangaka are big trolls. In fact it may even happen that the 2 yonkou stories will interact each others. If Luffy can take down 2 at the same time, that would be really good since defeating them one after the other will take forever. That's not an easy task though since one is already scary, so I wonder how Oda will pull that up.

And like some said, Law remark when he suggests that he is in fact the one used by Luffy is interesting. I fear that he would betray the Strawhat one day when he created this alliance, but after this the probability has become low. And his face each time that Luffy doesn't listen to him are always funny.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

How can we be 100% sure about Kid, Hawkins and Apoo target BM? Before this chapter, I only thought about L+L vs BM and Kid & others fighting another yonkou who could be either Kaidou or Shanks but not BB. However after this chapter, we know L+L vs Kaidou and there is a very high probability that Kid & others fight BM. Still, we can't be 100% sure about that; just like that mysterious shadowy figure, most of us thought he would be shown and DD would arrived to PH in this chapter but none of these happens.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Hey, Uriel said the shadow was off topic. If you still think we don't have overdiscussed it last week, you can create a thread.
    The character could appear next chapter so it's not really offtopic. Besides, I was just reacting to the Kaidou/Kaidou's henchman theory. I'm not going to post photos here.

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    How can we be 100% sure about Kid, Hawkins and Apoo target BM?
    We can't be sure, but the fact that Kid destroyed 2 of BM allied ships is a pretty compelling evidence. Here - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/651/16

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

So whats up with Sanjis leg?
    Vergo cracked it with his hardness(not strenght, he didnt blow Sanji away with his kick- VA hardness was real problem) and now Sanji seems perfectly fine. He kicked G5 marines to help them escape "killer" gas using leg Vergo cracked just moments after "cracking" lol happened.

Now after making new kind of food and eating it he has fully healed his leg???

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji's leg was never really a problem in my opinion. At least it didn't prevent him to run with all the others.

New Reply
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast