Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    [B]Hm...I see. Very interesting. But you made it seem as though Kaido would be affected mentally by his DF. I don't think that's how it works(although Chopper's case is an exception).
    Carnivorous zoans are more aggressive/violent in nature than herbivorous zoans. This is another example of a zoan DF affecting the user mentally.

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2456-...apter-349.html

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be quite funny if that mysterious shadowy figure turns out to be Garp!

There is a scenario like this: Shanks doesn't want Luffy & Law fighting Kaidou so he shows up midway in NW and this leads to luffy has to fight Shanks himself. The SH vs Red-hair, Law will stay out as an observer only. Kid alliance vs BM and XDrake with the rest vs Kaidou, the remaining yonkou BB will fight Akainu and his men (since BB and Akainu have to settle some old issues, besides the marines/navy has been scheming something against the yonkou anyway hence it's naturally to start with the newest).

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

so big mam's beasts are just strong guys,good thing. whereas kaido is an idiot,as moria said. but moria thought he could defeat him with just zombies,instead kaido has got even stronger soldiers now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an idea I have of why Law's target is Kaidou

-Before the timeskip, Drake got into an alliance with Law to take down Kaidou
    - Drake got Kaidou's attention in an attempt to join him, and was successful
    -Drake is working with Law, as the inside man in an attempt to take down Kaidou
    -Law went to PH when he found out about the smiles, either from his ties to joker or intel from Drake, so that he would be able to be in position to take caesar and maybe damage the relationship between Kaidou and Joker while weakening them both by taking away their access to smiles
    -Law wanted to find another strong ally before making a move since he thought that even him and Drake together wouldn't be enough, he might have even been waiting for Luffy
    -Law also probably wanted to wait until Drake got high enough and trusted enough in Kaidou's crew, and he probably wanted to wait until him and Drake had gotten strong enough, since they were too weak before the timeskip to take down a yonkou
    -Luffy is just strong and reckless enough to be the ally Law needs to help take down Kaidou, and since the Straw Hats have been inactive for the past two years, he knows that they don't have any ties to Kaidou, and he saved Luffy after the war so he knows Luffy trusts him somewhat
    -Now Law wants to meet up with his crew and get in contact with Drake before moving forward, so this would give the Straw Hats time to go with kinemon to wano

This is just some random idea i had this morning, any thoughts on whether anyone else thinks this is possible?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Garp visited luffy once after he fought cp9, not quite a party crasher but it was close enough. Anyway, the probability is extremely low something like >>1%.

By the way, it's extremely interesting to see Law's face when he knows about the incident in which Luffy declared war on BM, or when they are on their way to Kaidou's island, suddenly BM and her men appear and want to fight because of the bomb in the treasure box.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Well I dont know why but it somehow looks like Sanji can recover really fast, I mean here
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/678/12 we can see him badly damaged after Nami was defeated by Cesar in Sanjis body, here he has well lots of blood on his face and looks beaten up http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/678/14 then he fights Vergo for a moment, get his shin bone cracked(comments after "fight" that it would be bad if he keeps fighting- probably Vergo- like this), continues to run around with G5 Marines. Now he seems perfectly fine, its somehow strange to me pointing to his very fast recovery rate but maybe its only me.
    Well he was fighting all the time in Okama land to get the recipes from the chefs so i guess he's used to fighting now Besides his food his good for the body , i bet he already knows how to make himself good in no time

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    if Luffy's confident enough to take on 3 yonkous then he's definitely strong enough for doflamingo.
    About that , well Luffy is not thinking most of the time and also he has this ability to grow stronger with each fight so i think that's enough time till he actually faces the Yonkous

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    If Luffy wants to fight Shanks that means Ussop will have to face off against his father.
    I wanna see that .

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt Luffy is even strong enough for BB, he usually talks without thinking anything, like the short fight with BB in jail, there's no way he could win ---> 0% winning probability.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    Umm, maybe i'm reading too much into the chapter, but on page 13...the panel when Tashigi is talking to the kids...is Tashigi using Monet's pen with that clip board? does this mean that Monet is already on the tanker? or do all the pens on PH have the feather tip thing? anyone care to link pics of Monet and her pen and Tashigi from this chapter?(i don't know how to )
    Well don't you think there's more than one pen in the whole of PH? Saving Monet would be an even too major to skip showing on panels.

Btw, you click the "Insert Link" icon and then copy the link of the page in the window that appears.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 31TeV View Post
    Carnivorous zoans are more aggressive/violent in nature than herbivorous zoans. This is another example of a zoan DF affecting the user mentally.

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2456-...apter-349.html
    That's true. They seem to possess some kind of animal's souls inside. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to empower objects with zoan devil fruits.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    so big mam's beasts are just strong guys,good thing. whereas kaido is an idiot,as moria said. but moria thought he could defeat him with just zombies,instead kaido has got even stronger soldiers now.
    Just watch as Oda decides to have some more fun and make BM and Kaido be something like former lovers or somehow related just to screw with everyone a bit more.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    [CENTER][B] They indeed conquered the GL, but we don't have the details particularly about Raftel's events. Conquering the GL and going to Raftel are two different things.
    Since it appears that Raftel is almost impossible to reach, we can assume that there are no pirates(or enemies) to subdue and consequently conquer the place.
    you must have a real bad memory. in whitebeard's flashback roger asked him if he wants to know the way to raftel. also, crocus said the only person to ever reach the last island, raftel, was roger and his crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished my painting on Luffy's panel,so bon appetit

Spoiler show

I loved the outfit especially the logo on the jacket(Bone Lion)
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

15. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally believe that Kaidou will have some beast controlling DF [something that works specifically on zoan types , maybe he will turn out to have lion DF as in king of beast the lion DF] . This would explain why he would only like zoan users in his crew and also why xdrake would shift sides.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I bet Kaidou is an idiot, but not based on Moriah's word on it, more on Law's choosing him..
    Also didn't Moriah go into the NW with a real crew and lost his crew fighting Kaidou?? I thought that was why he depended on zombies now....

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I just finished my painting on Luffy's panel,so bon appetit

Spoiler show

I loved the outfit especially the logo on the jacket(Bone Lion)
    Sir. Nicely done, and thank you for sharing. I love the Jacket too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I personally believe that Kaidou will have some beast controlling DF [something that works specifically on zoan types , maybe he will turn out to have lion DF as in king of beast the lion DF] . This would explain why he would only like zoan users in his crew and also why xdrake would shift sides.
    I also like the idea of Kaidou having some sort of Zoan ability.... The Lion is very cool, but perhaps a bit too expected. I hope that Oda has some other rare Zoan to show us... I'm a sucker for Mythical Zoan, but I'm sure we won't be disappointed...
    I'm also curious if that shadow a few chapters back has something to do with Kaidou or "Jack".. or are they some how related....

On another entirely different tangent.... I wonder if the people of Wa no Kuni are starving for some reason.. When Kinemon and Jr. began to eat the tears and the way they spoke made it sound like eating such a feast was some sort of salvation... I could see the people of Wa no Kuni being attacked by pirates or perhaps by the side effects of BB ravaging the NW.... It really seemed that there was tension at that moment to accentuate the foreshadowing... IMO seems like the SH will head to Wa no Kuni to help the people with whatever is in the way.......

Guess we will find out sooner than later....

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Luffy talking about destroying the Yonkou. Shanks had better watch out lol. I can't wait to see how everything unfolds with Big mam and Kaido in Luffy's path.

Kaido being a Zoan would just be pure epicness. Of course he would have to be some sort of legendary creature.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like someone who uses the Smile can still turn himself back into his human form.For an artificial devil fruit it is quite impressive,but i am sure there must be some side effect to it like being control by Doflamingo or perhaps the life span of its user could be shorten as a consequence of using it.

On an other subject i hope the Straw hats next destination will be the Wano country.I also would like to learn more about Kinemon and his son because they are quite interesting characters and i am curious to know what are those circumstances that brought them to Punk hazard
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

New Reply
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast