Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gorgias's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

I think it's most likely that he's able to tame beasts due to haki. - But that's onlye because I don't want him to use the SAD to "produce" beasts - I don't want him to be such a unidimensional character.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    So it looks like someone who uses the Smile can still turn himself back into his human form.For an artificial devil fruit it is quite impressive,but i am sure there must be some side effect to it like being control by Doflamingo or perhaps the life span of its user could be shorten as a consequence of using it.
    I understand that the fruit eaten by Momo was not a smile, but a fruit made by Vegapunk. Smile are made by Doflamingo with the SAD Caesar produces. So that what we could see about Momo doesnt prove anything about smiles. But two questions remains: why vegapunk fruit is a failed experiment? and also, what are the differences between a natural zoan fruit and a smile?

Thanks for the colour gift. Very nice :-)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wa no Kuni, i'm too lazy to think, but "no" is a possessive particle in Japanese..."the country of Wa" would be the English translation of it...the "wa" could be "harmony"...roughly translated as "the country of Harmony".....samurai that live in a country of harmony...i wonder how this sheds light on Kinemon's and Momo's respectful nature? how they try to balance the "needs" and "wants" of other individuals with their own stead fast nature...("i don't get hungry" "i'm a samurai, i don't get cold") as a counter balance to other people...kinda like the Ying to everyones Yang....

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I wonder if the people of Wa no Kuni are starving for some reason.. When Kinemon and Jr. began to eat the tears and the way they spoke made it sound like eating such a feast was some sort of salvation... I could see the people of Wa no Kuni being attacked by pirates or perhaps by the side effects of BB ravaging the NW.... It really seemed that there was tension at that moment to accentuate the foreshadowing... IMO seems like the SH will head to Wa no Kuni to help the people with whatever is in the way....
    Nice hunch! It matches what Brook said about Wano at the beginning of Punk Hazard arc. It could be that Wano is been besieged (by the WG?), and that because of that they are lacking of enough food. It matches Momo's attitude and proud.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict that straw hat & co. are headed into a fight with DD , it seems they are due for it :

1. Previous Arc's including the whole SH have had some connection to DD :

Auction house in sabody ( DD owned it) -> Involvement with FI island (significant source of slaves) -> Punk Hazard ( Heavy Affiliation as Joker)

2. The region the straw hats have been in recently may be tantamount to a territory ruled by DD , generally after these regions are cleared a big decisive fight occurs

Sabaody , FI , and PH together may indicate that these 3 islands make up part of DD's territory or at least a larger region where DD has considerable influence
    Also , the apparent speed which Baby and Buffalo 5 reached PH and the mode of transportation DD is using to get there suggest Dressarosa isn't far off . It does not seem far enough for DD to require a traveling vessel to rest while on the waters . If it was a long voyage and the traveling conditions are just as crazy as expected in the New World it would not be good idea to travel in this manner if one is a DF user which DD is heavily expected to be.

3. The team up with another party outside the straw hats to deal with an affiliated enemy has already happened.

Vivii , and Robin towards the end : Crocodile and Baroque Works
    Franky and Galley La : Ennies Loby and World Goverment
    Brook and Thriller Bark Zombies : Moria and his minions
    Hancock , Raleigh , Jinbe , Revolutionaries ect : Marine HQ and Impel Down
    Jinbe and Fishman Island : Hordy Jones and 10k Fishman

and now we have Law : Donquixote Doflagmingo and Associates

4. They are already in place to have such a battle as the minions and associates of the major antagonist have been beaten : Ceasar , Monet , Vergo , Baby 5 , and Buffalo are down .

5. With the above said about distance between PH and dressarosa , even if the straw hats escape PH without meeting DD or if they do and the shadow figure stops and or delays DD, the log pose has a considerable chance of leading Straw Hats and co to Dressarosa anyways.

6. If Oda wants to deal with an arc for all of the following in about 8yrs ( 2 years since he said he was at the half way point after OP running for roughly 10 years) a DD fight must be addressed soon .

4 emperors assuming a 1 arc minimum : 4 arcs , Marines & World Government : 1 arc minimum , Each crew member achieving their goals : 2 arcs minimum , Supernova competition arc in the event all Yonkou are taken out of picture there will still likely be a struggle between emerging powers , an arc which leads to the discovery of Uranus the last of the ancient weapon trio and the chain of events which follow , post raftel issues , and various other transition type island arcs along the way.

The point is none of these have been started yet after 2 years of post time skip and one of these issues should be made into an arc soon

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post

Shanks is the one who saved his life, trusted his words as a child, and even gave him his straw hat to motivate him in achieving his dream. Luffy's intention of taking down such great man will make him an ingrate, and I will loose all respect I have for him.
    Supposing the translation is right, I think that's but a hollow statement like this one:

Spoiler show
    Besides, all(4) younko aren't three. He used three fingers.

It's not like he was shot to the heart or head to instantaneously die. Like I said, from those pictures, I see blood spurting out and Drake holding his shoulder. If he dodged, why would blood spurt out or Drake hold his shoulder?
    Let's suppose he was just grazed. If a graze can make him kneel and hold his shoulder, then going after Kaidou's head is plain ridiculous and unthinkable. That was btw my point from the very beginning.

luffy will have to face him in a serious fight but if shanks doesnt get taken down by luffy then will shanks be a yonkou after luffy is a pirate king i dont think
    in my mind luffy will take down shanks or shanks is defeated by a someone and d luffy goes after that particular person. in tis series i will particularly like to see all the yonkou defeated.

one qestion: if BB is not a yonkou then will the new government give a new term to the selected few in the new wolrd who has choosen their sides ( meaning the ones they support to go after the pirate king title) or will BB be classified as a supernova

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Well he was fighting all the time in Okama land to get the recipes from the chefs so i guess he's used to fighting now Besides his food his good for the body , i bet he already knows how to make himself good in no time

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

About that , well Luffy is not thinking most of the time and also he has this ability to grow stronger with each fight so i think that's enough time till he actually faces the Yonkous

I wanna see that .

personally i would love ussop to be the king of snipers

but i dont think shanks will fight luffy
    zoro will fight shanks if shanks says he is a swordsman then luffy owes it to zoo to let him fight shanks as he said to zoro that he can be the world strongest swordsman under him ( he who will become the world's pirate king)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Nice hunch! It matches what Brook said about Wano at the beginning of Punk Hazard arc. It could be that Wano is been besieged (by the WG?), and that because of that they are lacking of enough food. It matches Momo's attitude and proud.
    Unfortunately, there's nothing that'd favor this theory to a simple "I'm a samurai, so I've been starving for weeks because I won't eat what others give me". How Kinemon and Momo were happy about eating can be contributed to getting over their pride and all the pent-up emotions breaking out.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Redon from Pirateking.

ONE PIECE 696 RAW HQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cm47is

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I thought of that as well when I read those words. It's like there's some kind of famine in Wano. Starting to smell like Alabasta to me.
    A large island nation with probably several cities, ridden by an uknown enemy who causes some kind of disaster, while SH are travelling there to help one of the residents of the island who they picked up in the way...

Well it's either pirates or WG. Revolutionaries don't have much to do in a land that isn't part of WG. What could have happened is that some people discovered Poneglyph there and WG increased the effort of making them a part of their super state.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,so peacoms didn't count on smile,but his is a real DF. well,that's reassuring,so he deserved his bounty of 330 M !!! kaido's beasts won't be stronger than peacoms,imo.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    uhm,so peacoms didn't count on smile,but his is a real DF. well,that's reassuring,so he deserved his bounty of 330 M !!! kaido's beasts won't be stronger than peacoms,imo.
    DF is just a weapon. It depends on the user how well it is used. It doesn't really matter if it's a genuine zoan or artificial zoan. And you make it sound as if artifical DF are overpowered in some way.

So far, we don't know if artifical zoans are any better or any worse than real ones. All we know is that they are man made.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,but I dislike the idea of man made DFs, cause it looks like a drug to me. and big mam is not so whicked to be in league with an underworld broker just to obtain power,wheras kaido is.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,but I dislike the idea of man made DFs, cause it looks like a drug to me. and big mam is not so whicked to be in league with an underworld broker just to obtain power,wheras kaido is.
    I see no problem with it. It's just a way of obtaining more power. Why should a guy who accidentaly discovered devil fruit on some tree be any better than a guy who bought one?

Apart from that, Kaidou probably obtains fruits from Dofla and then uses them. That's not so much wicked when compared to Big Mom who DESTROYS ISLANDS IF THEY DON'T HAVE CANDY OH AND ALSO EATS PEOPLE!!! (Sorry for the caps but I can't stress it enough.)

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see, Kaidou. I'm guessing, DoFlamingo provided him an army and was going to produce "SAD" for him as well. If this is the case, then Law and Luffy will be at war with Big Mam and Kaidou.

Luffy taking on Shanks, can't wait to see how that plays out. lol.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mam is so wicked she threatened to destroy an island because they couldn't provide her enough candy. Let that simmer a bit. Now explain: she's willing to destroy an island over candy, but not wicked enough to have dealings with an underworld broker?

We know Kaido was the one buying Smile from Dofla now only because he is the Emperor Law plans to defeat. If it were anyone else, destroying the SAD lab would have been pointless. Mam's disposition is completely tangential to the subject.

New Reply
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast