Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Another thing about the rookies alliance I'm curious about is the one that was hinted by a broker when CC was defeated. A first thought was that it refered to Kid, but their alliance with the other supernova seems as new as Luffy and Law one so maybe it's a yet to be revealed group. But that would be funny that Luffy and co are once again wrongly accused.
    If it really refers to Kid then it could also increase confusion since they target 2 different yonkous.
    Anyway these 2 big powers are probably going to fall simultaneously.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A c e's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Yeah that's how it seems, although it looks like Shanks/BB won't be targeted anytime soon, but we can expect at least 3 big shots to fall : Kaido, BM, Doflamingo, that would definitely throw the NW into complete chaos

Well, it may also be possible that Law is allied with Drake too, I don't think the guy wouldn't take part into this mess either

It seems to me that drakes gonna be allied with luffy and law. Remember when they teamed up before the time skip? That kinda foreshadows that they will team up.

My prediction is that after they take over the 2 targeted yonkos, their gonna go separate ways and eventually battle.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A c e View Post
    It seems to me that drakes gonna be allied with luffy and law. Remember when they teamed up before the time skip? That kinda foreshadows that they will team up.

My prediction is that after they take over the 2 targeted yonkos, their gonna go separate ways and eventually battle.
    you are wrong: it's kid the one who teamed up with law and rufy at the auction house, drake intervened against a PX to help hawkins and urouge,and then apoo joined too. yet,it's strange that apoo is allying with kidd,as they were fighting when they first appeared in vol.51...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually interested in seeing the relationship between Smoker, Luffy, and Law, considering Smoker hates pirates but Luffy and Law have shown to be different, in a good way. He'll probably still chase them, but it won't be with hatred, but respect and awareness that they're not evil or bad pirates. Maybe we could see something like Alabasta, where G5 will let Luffy slide by or not capture them should SHP be knocked out. Hell, they might even team up in the future.

Makes me wonder how important the Revolutionary Army will be to SHP and even G5, considering SHP and RA go against the government, and Smoker is a rebellious sort.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Another thing about the rookies alliance I'm curious about is the one that was hinted by a broker when CC was defeated. A first thought was that it refered to Kid, but their alliance with the other supernova seems as new as Luffy and Law one so maybe it's a yet to be revealed group. But that would be funny that Luffy and co are once again wrongly accused.
    If it really refers to Kid then it could also increase confusion since they target 2 different yonkous.
    Anyway these 2 big powers are probably going to fall simultaneously.
    Is this the page you are referring too? http://www.batoto.net/read/_/146320/...by_mangarule/6

It seemed to me that the broker was talking about Law and Luffy. The brokers would have seen video of them together, and understood Law was, at least temporarily, working with the Strawhats.

Given the lack of context, he may have been referring to another alliance. What intrigues me is the line "this is no longer an issue that only concerns the underwold..."

Quote Originally Posted by A c e View Post

Luffy never worked with Drake. Drake was on a different part of Sabaody when the Marine arrived. Luffy, Law, and Kid fought together. Drake's connection was that right before the timeskip he fought allies of Kaido on an island favored by that Yonkou, with the professed goal of quickly gaining Kaido's attention. Nothing more has been said, that was two years ago in manga time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Is this the page you are referring too? http://www.batoto.net/read/_/146320/...by_mangarule/6

It seemed to me that the broker was talking about Law and Luffy. The brokers would have seen video of them together, and understood Law was, at least temporarily, working with the Strawhats.
    I don't know, from the different translations I can read, they are speaking of 'The' alliance or 'The' league. I don't think one would use this article for speaking about the discovery of a new alliance.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea the best we could hope for is that Kidd's alliance is some how a part of Law's greater plan and that they will eventually meet up...that's my hope at least.

When Dofla was on Derossa he was speaking to Vergo about Luffy being a "better Vessel" when it comes to King's Haki. Dofla seems to have a lot of knowledge about the OP universe and I really hope there is a long talk between him and the SHs/Luffy when they meet. i feel like there is much to learn from Dofla...Law seems to know a lot as well...but he rarely gives us any insight...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yoshidr View Post
    I think the translation to this manga isn't accurate. Luffy doesn't want to fight shanks if you noticed he is only holding 3 fingers up not four
    Its not so much about fighting or not fighting Shanks, its more about taking down the other three Yonko that Luffy is focused on. Luffy wants to have a crew that is stronger then the Red Hair Pirates, and thats about it when it comes to him matching up with Shanks. If he can accomplish that then he will keep his promise that he made to Shanks as a boy. As far as the other Yonko are concerned he sees them as obstacles to becoming PK, so hes eventually going to have to go through them one way or another.

And as far as Law goes, i think we can all agree that he didn't come to PH before either meeting up with a pirate(s) with whom he could link up with after he got what he was after. Or he has a pirate(s) in mind that he will approach now that he has gotten what he came for at PH. The way Law first explained it he talks about this whole idea of taking down Kaido as not a sure thing and something that they will need the right opportunity to have a shot at pulling off. Thats a pretty big indicator that Law wasn't gonna do this on his own.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just know that luffy trusted law and luffy is to innocent that he doesn't see the bigger pic but law is heading for a higher goal and not s using lufy to get there..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    My trolling sensor is off the charts, never thought I'd see this here

Eh well let's forget about this trolling a bit and focus more on the thread before Uriel snaps and delete pages and pages of this topic
    As for Shanks, daily reminder that Luffy doesn't want to face him first, Mangapanda's translation is wrong

Damn, now I wonder how Oda is gonna pull this... BM receiving the Tamatebako and possibly opening it, and then Kaido being the Yonko that makes deals with Dofla (still I believe that BM too strikes business deals with him too)

This is gonna be intense
    Is that so? Uff,that's quite reassuring.so rufy doesn't want to fighht shanks yet,whereas he has no problem in fighting another one he doesn't even know about. I agree for what concerns BB till a certain point: luffy should be eager to fight teach,but oda will likely make it the last pirate fight.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Kinemon, does anyone think he will join the Strawhats or now that he has found his son it doesn't make much sense leaving him to travel the world with some pirates?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, that would be dumb. Kinemon is not a free man since he has the responsiblity for his son. I guess hes just an opening for the wano kuni arc or sth.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinemon wouldn't have followed them from the beginning. He is strong,but they don't need him. Imo,oda has to make jinhe join them quickly!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbei could be the one, enjoying/fighting with luffy in the new world as junbei did in the rescued ace arc..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! Oh! I think I got it.

[Theory Mode]

"The Alliance." Holy... Law's alliance encompasses (or plans to encompass) all the Supernovas. They have been raising havoc in the New World, and moving against the Yonkou.

We're witnessing the beginning of Luffy's own "divisions", like Whitebeard's. By the time this is over (not this arc, either the 4 Yonkou arc or the manga), Law and the rest of the Supernovas will be his division commanders.

Oda introduced the Supernovas as future nakama, not future enemies.

[/Theory Mode]

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast