Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! -Again!-

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.68%
  • 2] Average

14 9.40%
  • 3] Good

45 30.20%
  • 4] Great

64 42.95%
  • 5] Epic

20 13.42%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.34%
New Reply
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Oh! Oh! I think I got it.

[Theory Mode]

"The Alliance." Holy... Law's alliance encompasses (or plans to encompass) all the Supernovas. They have been raising havoc in the New World, and moving against the Yonkou.

We're witnessing the beginning of Luffy's own "divisions", like Whitebeard's. By the time this is over (not this arc, either the 4 Yonkou arc or the manga), Law and the rest of the Supernovas will be his division commanders.

Oda introduced the Supernovas as future nakama, not future enemies.

[/Theory Mode]

Umm... No.
    I cant imagine someone like Kidd for example, being subordinate of anyone. As simple as that. Law under someone? Nope.
    As for rest of supernovas I think that they are rivals by most part, not friends of Luffy.
    Kidd or Law can have relation with Luffy like Roger and Whitebeard had nothing beyond it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Luffy vs Shanks it's impossible because BB is gonna fight Shanks and kill him, and in the end of One piece when Luffy won against BB, he's gonna left the hat in Shanks grave.

Now i think we will see a luffy/law/drake vs kaidou/doflamingo, but im most interested in why kaidou let shanks go to marineford in the war without fighting him. And of course, more about the franky - kaidou and if they are really related somehow.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoE View Post
    Now i think we will see a luffy/law/drake vs kaidou/doflamingo, but im most interested in why kaidou let shanks go to marineford in the war without fighting him. And of course, more about the franky - kaidou and if they are really related somehow.
    Shanks and Kaidou did fight...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Shanks and Kaidou did fight...
    No they didn't. Shanks just stopped Kaidou from intercepting Whitebeard. There was no word about a fight.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What a boring jawdrop! So caesar's strongest weapon of mass destruction, shinokuni, doesn't actually kill but it just paralyzes people until the antidote is used? Jeez,as kinemon survived somehow,I would have left all the others dead,othrlerwise what was the aim of that g5 title in the first place? They died,and both oda and the other characters acknowledged them,what a bad plot twist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever Caesar created was a failure. It's no plot twist at all that Shi no Kuni was a failure, too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Umm... No.
    I cant imagine someone like Kidd for example, being subordinate of anyone. As simple as that. Law under someone? Nope.
    As for rest of supernovas I think that they are rivals by most part, not friends of Luffy.
    Kidd or Law can have relation with Luffy like Roger and Whitebeard had nothing beyond it.
    Well, not right now, we can't. The same way Ace at first wouldn't be someone's underling. Probably the same with Marco, Jozu, Oars Jr., Vista, etc...

At first, they all probably had their crews, their thing. Ace even came for Whitebeard's head. Whitebeard inspired them, and they followed him.

Granted, Whitebeard was a highly intelligent individual, and Luffy is... well, Luffy. But still, Law is already warming up to him. Law is already wondering who is going to benefit the most in this partnership.

There may be a few Pirate Emperors, but there is only one Pirate King. Do you see Law turning against Luffy for the crown?

Luffy will reach the top, and up until now I thought it would be with at most with a crew of 10 to 12.

But he'll need to have a lot more allies (officially designated or not) to take on the Navy. Between the division commanders (Marco, Ace, Jozu, etc...), independent supporters (Jinbei) and the New World crews (Decalvans, Oars Jr, Squard, etc...), Whitebeard had quite a following.

Luffy will probably elicit the same following. Whether they follow him as "division commanders" or something like that, as independent crews, or as reluctant allies that deep down want to help, at least most of the Supernovas will follow him.

The Supernovas will be important in the new era, but there won't be a system of Yonkou, where Luffy, Law, Kidd and Blackbeard will be the new powers... Luffy will be King. The rest will either challenge for the crown, or bow down to him.

I may be completely off the mark, I probably am. But what the heck, I'm sticking to this theory. One Piece should be over in what, 10 years? We'll have an answer by then, if not before.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    What a boring jawdrop! So caesar's strongest weapon of mass destruction, shinokuni, doesn't actually kill but it just paralyzes people until the antidote is used? Jeez,as kinemon survived somehow,I would have left all the others dead,othrlerwise what was the aim of that g5 title in the first place? They died,and both oda and the other characters acknowledged them,what a bad plot twist!
    It's your fault for believing that good guys could die in one piece :-)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Luffy will probably elicit the same following. Whether they follow him as "division commanders" or something like that, as independent crews, or as reluctant allies that deep down want to help, at least most of the Supernovas will follow him.
    Indeed, that it was will inevetibly happen. Luffy´s ability to "make friends everywhere" (as stated by mihawk, as his greatest power, beyond emperors haki) was mentioned several times, and every arc is the same. Or am i missing something? Was there a single arc where they left the island (not counting enies lobby lol), without having made friends there? I dont think so. So by the end of OP, the whole world will cheer for Luffy during his final clash against *whomever*.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

You simply got trolled mattia, no important character is going to die in OP (yes even those G-5 marines got some spotlight, so by definition they're important enough to not die)

Anyway, can't wait to see Wano arc soon !

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate consecuences of stopping the SAD production and kidnaping Caesar are still unknown. It doesn't seem that those actions, for themselves, would be enough to take down a major power as a Yonkou. So, I'm very curious about the second stage of Law's plan.

Now, Law's plan must to consider and calculate Doflamiingo's reactions. Or it would be a bad plan. So it 's a bit strange that he's partying with Luffy. For instancie, consider that, to leave the island, he doesn't need Luffy or the marine. His powers make him able to cross the ocean without a ship. And, on the other hand, he was not counting with an alliance when he began the fist stage of his plan. So, what is he doing? Any ideas?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will learn how Kinemon has made to reach Punk Hazard. Did he stow away like his son ? If not, then he should have a boat or something hidden somewhere. There is also the question of Law, will he join the Sunny or will we finally learn what happen to his crew ?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

In retrospective, IMO, this is bad plotting. We have two sides to consider the fact that Kinemon was completely safe after the poisoning: the shinokuni and Caesar side, and the kinemon side.

Shinokuni and Caesar side: the consecuences are pretty clear: 90% of OP readers got trolled, me included. And Caesar is just as bas as a cientist that, beyond the scientific community of OP, he deserves the nick name of 'Clown'. To sum up: To sum up… he worked 3 years more or less to create a cloud that trapped the people in a coating that can be broken with easy, and leave the people completely safe… Maybe now he could be hired for the cosmetic industry, if he manages to give the coating some cosmetic effects.

But considering from the kinemon side is event worst: all 100% of OP readers got trolled. If most of us knew that he was going to get safe of that coating, neither of us would guess that that will happen only in 4 chapters, and before to leave PH. Let's see it in a retrospective and in the form of a lesson, just in case you want to become a mangaka:

Quote Quote:
    Lessons to troll a huge audience, by Odashi

Fisrt step: the creation of a potential tragedy. That is this moment in chapter 692

Spoiler show

Second step: increasing the tension. You add some tears and some anxiety... that are this moment portrayed in chapters 693 and 694 ... poor Momo

Spoiler show

Third step: the rabbit jumps out of the hat. Finally, you show that there is no tragedy. ... This moment in chapter 695 (I didn't inlcude the clownish moment with Sanji hitting Kinemon fro being alive).

Spoiler show

Four step: cheers. Then you invite your edition and drawing team to a BBQ and make fun of the poor audience... Fuck!

But in case that you feel like if you wanted to punch Odashi right in the face for doing this to us, he took the time to draw his audience's reaction in this moment:

Spoiler show
    Punk Hazard's arc didn't need those panels to be better or more exiting or to develp the general plot more than it did, (and I'm not including here the Mocha number which is another way of troll the audience), and, As I told you in my previous post, thanks to the gods OP has a solid general plot... or we would have to search for something else to read.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

And I will add that I love Oda...
    Last edited by ukimix; January 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

16. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigov View Post
    Indeed, that it was will inevetibly happen. Luffy´s ability to "make friends everywhere" (as stated by mihawk, as his greatest power, beyond emperors haki) was mentioned several times, and every arc is the same. Or am i missing something? Was there a single arc where they left the island (not counting enies lobby lol), without having made friends there? I dont think so. So by the end of OP, the whole world will cheer for Luffy during his final clash against *whomever*.
    Yeah. Even Crocodile and Buggy ended up helping him despite hating his guts.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    In retrospective, IMO, this is bad plotting. We have two sides to consider the fact that Kinemon was completely safe after the poisoning: the shinokuni and Caesar side, and the kinemon side.

Shinokuni and Caesar side: the consecuences are pretty clear: 90% of OP readers got trolled, me included. And Caesar is just as bas as a cientist that, beyond the scientific community of OP, he deserves the nick name of 'Clown'. To sum up: To sum up… he worked 3 years more or less to create a cloud that trapped the people in a coating that can be broken with easy, and leave the people completely safe… Maybe now he could be hired for the cosmetic industry, if he manages to give the coating some cosmetic effects.

But considering from the kinemon side is event worst: all 100% of OP readers got trolled. If most of us knew that he was going to get safe of that coating, neither of us would guess that that will happen only in 4 chapters, and before to leave PH. Let's see it in a retrospective and in the form of a lesson, just in case you want to become a mangaka:

Punk Hazard's arc didn't need those panels to be better or more exiting or to develp the general plot more than it did, (and I'm not including here the Mocha number which is another way of troll the audience), and, As I told you in my previous post, thanks to the gods OP has a solid general plot... or we would have to search for something else to read.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

And I will add that I love Oda...
    Do you need Shinokuni to be a insta-sure-kill gas bomb? Think about it, you're a bad guy trying to take out masses of people, putting them in a stonemantle is going to do the job. They don't have to be killed since you'd expect that every single one of the people are being "stoned". If I was a bankrobber I'd be pretty excited to say the least. Also I'm pretty sure that at some point you will just suffocate inside of it.

New Reply
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast