Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 524 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Discussion / 525 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I don't think it's the case that Unohana's Zanpakuto is incapable of killing or causing permanent damage, because aside from the wound through Kenpachi's throat, all the other injuries she gave him still seem to be there. But I'm inclined to think Kenpachi's not dying is down to something she did, rather than an ability of his. Actually, it's strange - not too long ago we were hearing about how he was in a coma he might not ever recover from, and then by last chapter he was virtually fine. Compare him to Byakuya, who needed special healing to keep his life. But Unohana's words about how it's "her sin" make me think it's down to something she did rather than him being born that way.

Maybe it's something to do with the scar she gave him? Perhaps Minazuki left some kind of healing power imprinted in Zaraki's flesh.

Anyway, I'm interested to see their flashback next chapter (assuming we stay here and don't switch over to Ichigo and Renji). I'm wondering exactly when all this stuff between them took place. Unohana had her hair tied in front in her appearance in TBtP, so presumably she already had the scar by then, but that was also before Zaraki killed Kenpachi Kiganjo. It was never stated how long Zaraki spent in the 11th division before killing Kiganjo, so he could have fought her long before becoming Kenpachi himself, but right now I suppose there's no way of knowing whether we're talking years, decades or centuries even.
    mhm maybe zaraki is her sin
    a monster like her probably ran out of enemies and somehow augmented ken-chan, someone strong she could fight over and over again

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    We already saw unohana's shikai. While it might still have battle applications it does not seem to have even the slightest melee application so far. Its a huge sting ray, an organic thing apparently not unlike mayuri's bankai. In this particular regard it is somewhat unlikely that unohana's bankai won't be a bigger sting ray.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-608-4/...apter-154.html

I guess it is possible that that is actually her bankai although I wouldn't count on it. Although if that is the case then perhaps she might have a more melee oriented shikai. Anyways, while it is entirely possible unohana's shikai or bankai could have battle oriented purposes, I doubt the zampakuto release we have seen actually allows for any sort of melee oriented combat. Still, if kenpachi could do away with an espada using his one day lesson of kendo then I don't think unohana would ever be at a disadvantage for not having battle oriented zampakuto abilities.
    You could say a person's time spent honing one type of combat can make up for time not spent in other categories. Some rely on their zans, some don't.
    But if it turns out her zan can fight, then I think Zaraki's in for a bloody ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Because that baldi thinks Zaraki is too strong to die. Honestly speaking, do you really think Zaraki can survive old man Yam's bankai? Especially Zanka no Tachi East & North.
    He seems more like someone that has a huge amount of stamina, but of course he'd probably die if he were to be burned to ashes, blown to tons of pieces, or decapitated.

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    I think it's a case of Unohana not being able to kill him for some reason, plus she's the first kenpachi. It's the perfect training regimen. Continually fight with the stronger, smarter opponent until you have surpassed them. Unohana can't kill Zaraki and Zaraki isn't strong enough to beat Unohana. It'll go on until Zaraki wins. I doubt he will actually kill her though. Just have to wait a few chapters to figure out if it's due to Unohana's or Zaraki's ability that Zaraki keeps coming back. It's possible that Unohana's repentance or punishment for her sin is that she can no longer strike a foe down and they come back stronger. We'll find out soon, though.
    I like this. So Unohana's punishment could be that for having been such a killer, her zan does the exact opposite and heals the people she attacks? (though that sounds like a blessing in a way given that she can slice people up without casualties)
    Or could this "curse" be coming from something else?

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I don't think it's the case that Unohana's Zanpakuto is incapable of killing or causing permanent damage, because aside from the wound through Kenpachi's throat, all the other injuries she gave him still seem to be there. But I'm inclined to think Kenpachi's not dying is down to something she did, rather than an ability of his. Actually, it's strange - not too long ago we were hearing about how he was in a coma he might not ever recover from, and then by last chapter he was virtually fine. Compare him to Byakuya, who needed special healing to keep his life. But Unohana's words about how it's "her sin" make me think it's down to something she did rather than him being born that way.

Maybe it's something to do with the scar she gave him? Perhaps Minazuki left some kind of healing power imprinted in Zaraki's flesh.
    Maybe she did place some kinda curse/spell on Zaraki in the past, intentionally or not. Or is it just that she blames herself for being the inspiration of his huge strive for battle?

O well, we'll just see soon
    Last edited by Notak; January 23, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the best chapter ever!!! nice artwork and the fight seq was monstrous. It was just like gildart vs natsu. it feels like uno is toying with ken. ken is bleeding, crying, spouting stuff about wanting to be as strong as her and her face is of

also one thing got cleared that ken knew her before becoming captain and he liked her so much that he named the baby yachiru.

ken shedding a tear was

this chapter is definitely saver of this week, naruto is being sucking for past couple of weeks and bleach is getting better with time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by taekat View Post
    He spits out blood and it lands on her cheek - it's still there on the next page - he was stabbed in the throat - it was not a hallucination - it actually happened. Either Unohona healed him right away or somehow Zaraki has Uchiha like abilities.
    And his sword magically flew across the room to his hand in the blink of an eye.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Kenpachi shed a tear. Was that just an illusion of Unohana's killing intent though? That was strange. Either way, Kubo did a great job of emphasizing why Kenpachi needs this training. Unohana was able to get a big wound on him just by throwing a knife at him, when Kenpachi's only fighting one-handed! You'd figure a captain level opponent who fights seriously would be able to dodge,block that or catch that with the other hand, but it's just like Kenpachi to get hit like that.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v13/c112/13.html Just like that time. Maybe Kubo really will kill Unohana though, after all how do you teach Kenpachi the art of killing without having Kenpachi actually kill someone...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

some interesting thoughts floating around the boards. I have some spare change Id like to throw in-

$.01 - Zakari Kenpachi is not immortal. he does not self resurrect, his experience of getting stabbed in the throat, reminded me of tsukishima the fullbringer. when he would stab people they remembered getting stabbed but it faded. The event is like him dying, but he learned about the attack that killed him.

$.02 - Unohana referenced some sort of personal involvement with kenpachi dying and getting resurrected. she called it her "sin" in the translation I read.

$.03- If she knows a thousand ways for each style then shes like a yoda type fighter in soul society. Kenpachi spent a short time learning to use two hands. now she is going to teach him to kill with every part of his being-

$.04 - kenpachi is going to realize that he is weak without his zanpaktou, he is now fighting a real opponent that neutralized his supposed power- raw power with no skill...now he is up against both strong power and yoda like skillz- one of the reasons she is such a good healer is because she has likely severed every muscle broken every bone and defeated almost every battle having only- one scar.

$.05 - lastly, I hope this chapter finally dispels some of the theorys about kenpachis zanpaktou actually being yachiru. - I did like how she picked up the eye patch.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

From everything I can see, Kenpachi DID get stabbed, as evidenced by the blood spatter on her face, and it seems to me that he DID pass out, near-death. After that, it seems likely that Unohana healed him from the near-death state, possibly getting his sword for him, whereupon he woke up.

She is trying to TEACH him, and it seems rather counter-intuitive that she should kill him. I doubt she would go against Kyoraku's orders and just kill the person who is supposed to become the new SS trump card. For all her mysterious, criminal past, she still seems to be a loyal member of the Gotei 13. This would just be the perfect training, keep destroying him, bringing him back when he's passed his limit, over and over again until he's forced to improve his technique. How else would you train a Kenpachi?

Now, beyond that, I don't think we can say for sure HOW she healed him. It could very well have been her Zan, or she could have used Kido, we don't really know. I don't think when she said that he ''won't'' die that she means he ''can't'' die, but more that he's the classic sort of anime stubborn about it, the kind where you just walk off fatal injuries if you're strong enough and want it badly enough. I'm sure his resilience has something to do with a sword stab through the neck not killing him, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm eager to see whether his stamina and ability to shrug off death IS actually a result of something that Unohana did. It's hard to tell at this point, but she does seem to be implying it. How many times has he just sort of 'gotten better' all of a sudden? I know there was the fight with Ichigo, the fight with Nnoitra, the fight with.... okay all his fights. He was apparently comatose or crippled or something after the last one, wasn't he? The messenger said that none of the injured would be able to resume their duties any time soon, right? Not to mention Ikkaku apparently being told he had died, but then nope, he's just up and walking around. He does seem to have that sort of unkill-able aspect, huh?

As for the saiyan thing, that's really just a general anime thing, isn't it? I mean, this isn't the first time that we've seen something like this, is it? Need I remind you of Ichigo's... episode? Plenty of characters get stronger when they recover from near-death, though, granted, most do need a bit more recovery time.

Can't wait for the inevitable flashback, but inb4 Kubo dangles it in front of us, then makes us go through several chapters of Ichigo and Renji. Like the troll he is.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel42 View Post
    From everything I can see, Kenpachi DID get stabbed, as evidenced by the blood spatter on her face, and it seems to me that he DID pass out, near-death. After that, it seems likely that Unohana healed him from the near-death state, possibly getting his sword for him, whereupon he woke up.
    That's a good point, it'd probably hit Kenpachi really hard if he realized Unohana had technically killed him a bunch of times and is only alive because she revived him. Might give him the inspiration to fight more seriously. Seriously as in taking fights seriously and not making enjoyment his priority.
    Last edited by exacta; January 23, 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hey

well here's a thought too, though it is true that Unohana is the first kenpachi, it might be possible that the two could be related by having the exact same zanpanktou, in other words Unohana's zanpanktou is actually being weilded by kenpachi. Kenpachi just has a normal sword and never seems to make contact, whereas unohana's blade is not what it seems to be. The two have fought before in the past and so it could be one of three possibilites. The first being that indeed Unohana's zanpanktou is somehow being shared and used by kenpachi's zanpanktou hence why he is recovering. The second and more crazier possibility is that perhaps Unohana is actually dead. In other words she is a ghost spirit and is acutally kenpachi's true bankai spirit but this is unlikely. However a third possibility also exists which is because Kenpachi idolized unohana so one thing could be possible, the fact that kenpachi's bankai could be physcially similar to unohana and in strength and so because of that the blade has a deep spiritual connection to unohana as well. Remember he actually felt fear due to her. My last theory is based off an idea that is one directional only but interesting in that all male shingimai's or male characters with female zanpanktou's are exceptionally strong, scary and feared as if having the opposite sex for a blade is actually a huge and powerful technique. Urahara, the squad 0 ichigo's now training with there very powerful but similar on this aspect

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is a Zanpakuto power of Unohana, then it is far more likely that she is just using the power to heal on Zaraki.
    It has been stated that the healing acids inside minazuki's stomach heal.
    It is possible that Unohana's Zanpakuto can be used to heal the one touching it - normally Unohana.
    It is possible that she is using this to heal Zaraki as she fights him - so that they can fight longer and he can learn more.

This healing power would actually fit quite well with someone who loves fighting, as normally it would not be used on her opponents. This would enable her to fight longer without the need to stop - an almost perfect Zanpakuto for someone whose sole joy is fighting, wouldn't you agree?
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ZShadow07's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That couldn't have been an illusion because the blood splatter is on her face, before that neck stab she was clean....I'm guessing that has to do with her "sin"?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    We already saw unohana's shikai. While it might still have battle applications it does not seem to have even the slightest melee application so far. Its a huge sting ray, an organic thing apparently not unlike mayuri's bankai. In this particular regard it is somewhat unlikely that unohana's bankai won't be a bigger sting ray.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-608-4/...apter-154.html

I guess it is possible that that is actually her bankai although I wouldn't count on it. Although if that is the case then perhaps she might have a more melee oriented shikai. Anyways, while it is entirely possible unohana's shikai or bankai could have battle oriented purposes, I doubt the zampakuto release we have seen actually allows for any sort of melee oriented combat. Still, if kenpachi could do away with an espada using his one day lesson of kendo then I don't think unohana would ever be at a disadvantage for not having battle oriented zampakuto abilities.
    not necessarily. we've seen other individuals with shikai in different forms, depending on how they release it. For example, Yumichika's shikai.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llmcduff View Post
    Unohana is Yachiru's mom.

There you have it.
    "TV taught me how to feel, now real life has no appeal."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member avantasian's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant help but see a resemblance between:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/524/17
    and
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/523/17

I cant see why she picked the neck and not the heart or some other vital organ. Cound it be sadistic payback for the wound inflicted on her, or is it a strike with a purpose?

Maybe its a key spot connected to power as we have seen in the past with Ichigo getting his powers by stab in the heart or Ishida to a specific point near the heart. And if power is connected with that spot she may have discovered it by accident when Kenpachi stabbed her and she recovered. If so, it means that near death experience making you stronger applies to Unohona as well, and after their fight, its Unohana who became stronger and not Kenpachi who got weaker.

Maybe a little far fetched... but food for thought.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Zaraki/Unohana relationship. Anyone remember this one?

New Reply
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast