Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 524 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Discussion / 525 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    I was really surprised that Zaraki and Unohana fought before, it will happened when Zaraki was not a shinigami yet, just like the fight between him and Ikkaku in Ikkaku’s flashback.
    I believe it will happened over 100 years ago, between the Quincy’s massacre of 200 year ago and the pendulum arc, infact there was not any captain of the 11th division, this means that Unohana had already left that positions.
    Unohana was the first Kenpachi, and Kenpachi is the 11th Kenpachi. Since the 10th was present a century ago, there must be a massive time gap between the 1st and the 9th. Therefore, it should probably date back much more than the initial assumption, predating Quincy massacre by some distance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Unohana was the first Kenpachi, and Kenpachi is the 11th Kenpachi. Since the 10th was present a century ago, there must be a massive time gap between the 1st and the 9th. Therefore, it should probably date back much more than the initial assumption, predating Quincy massacre by some distance.
    Can you told me when it was said that Zaraki is the 11th Kenpachi.
    Beside If I remember well in the pendulum arc there was not any captain to the 11 diviision.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    Can you told me when it was said that Zaraki is the 11th Kenpachi.
    Beside If I remember well in the pendulum arc there was not any captain to the 11 diviision.
    He doesn't show up, but he is there, 10th Kenpachi.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v36/c315.1/11.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of also suggests the that kenpachi could be someone in the RG the quote "goes by the sound of his own drum" was also what was said about the latest RG

Unlikely though

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/524/18
    on this page im not sure if thats Zaraki's sword due to there being no jagged edges and it being on the other side of the room, as well as unohana having two swords or one sword and some throwing knives
    Last edited by devstauk; January 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't show up, but he is there, 10th Kenpachi.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v36/c315.1/11.html
    Really no shame to forget or not knowing that guy, just wanted to put that out.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Really no shame to forget or not knowing that guy, just wanted to put that out.
    Of course. We were referring to a guy who has only been referred and not shown in the manga. It took me some time to spot the exact panel where he was mentioned.
    Still waiting for some sort of flashback to see how the 2nd Kenpachi got to work in place of Unohana. I hope it will come soon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just going back over some of the older chapters when I came across a scene where Love referred to Unohana as "dai-sempai" meaning the first or senior student under the sensei.

Take a look:
    http://manga-access.com/manga/B/Blea...pter/315.01/15

Is this just a translation error or is Kubo trying to imply the Unohana was the first student? Maybe old man Yama taught her the sword just like he tried to teach Zaraki. Any thoughts?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strawhatx10 View Post
    I was just going back over some of the older chapters when I came across a scene where Love referred to Unohana as "dai-sempai" meaning the first or senior student under the sensei.

Take a look:
    http://manga-access.com/manga/B/Blea...pter/315.01/15

Is this just a translation error or is Kubo trying to imply the Unohana was the first student? Maybe old man Yama taught her the sword just like he tried to teach Zaraki. Any thoughts?
    The flashback with shunsui and yamamoto has been hinted to have happened after the quincy war though. Basically shunsui was still a kid by the time unohana was already a member of the first generation gotei 13 and killing quincy. In all likelihood shunsui refers to unohana as sempai due to her being his senior in regards to being a captain, not from actual academy time.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://manga-access.com/manga/B/Bleach/chapter/511/2

The god of fire. Does anyone else think that this incident may have happened before the formation of the gotei 13? My guess is that the group of Shinigami who were present at that time never had a zanpakto. They used kido to control and regulate. I had to think Naruto here when a tailed beast is sealed into a person. Nimaiya Oetsu may have had something to do with being able to somehow seal this monster and "young man" Yama must have been the first one able to control it by forging a relationship with it (figuring out it's name, just like in Naruto). Afterwards, Nimaiya perfected the process which gave birth to the zans we know today.

On a side note, I really wish the next members of the zero squad shed some light on this:

http://manga-access.com/manga/B/Blea...pter/315.07/11

Tessai has been largely ignored but his role as the former Chief of the Kidou following has to have somewhat of a significance within the history of the Seireitei. Or at least I hope. This man maybe somewhat of badass. You never know. Him and his former vice chief Hachigen doesn't seem to use any weapons. What surprises do you have for us Kubo?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

mpf,what did I tell you? the previous chapter's last sentence was trash: none of them is gonna die! unohana's current character might die to give way to a criminal unohana? bah,that's not a death either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course. We were referring to a guy who has only been referred and not shown in the manga. It took me some time to spot the exact panel where he was mentioned.
    Still waiting for some sort of flashback to see how the 2nd Kenpachi got to work in place of Unohana. I hope it will come soon.
    he has been shown in the masked databook. he is a big black dude and his name is kenpachi kiganjo. http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Kenpachi_Kiganj%C5%8D

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/94-626-8/...apter-172.html
    Here we can see Unohana drawing her sword and saying that she will save lives of both Hitsygaya and Hinamori. In different translations it was said almost same. So I do think its foreshadowing of her swords healing powers in sealed state(maybe she is in constant shikai or she can use abilities of of her shikai without unsealing sword just like Yamaji was able to pull out few fire moves out of his sword without going shikai). Damn, she was even able to put back to old self Hiyori(Unohana rescues people with names starting with "H" ) who was cut in half by Gin. It has to have something to do with her perfect raiatsu control... http://www.mangareader.net/94-39731-...apter-382.html transfering reiatsu through sword for regeneration purposes?
    Last edited by vagabond87; January 28, 2013 at 04:17 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it'd be very well done if kubo managed to clear the timeline trough both the phoenix royal guard,and unohana. I also hope we will know more of those captains regarded as the strongest (the one with a mask near unohana in the usual picture concerning the 1000 years ago gotei 13)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-626-8/...apter-172.html
    Here we can see Unohana drawing her sword and saying that she will save lives of both Hitsygaya and Hinamori. In different translations it was said almost same. So I do think its foreshadowing of her swords healing powers in sealed state(maybe she is in constant shikai or she can use abilities of of her shikai without unsealing sword just like Yamaji was able to pull out few fire moves out of his sword without going shikai). Damn, she was even able to put back to old self Hiyori(Unohana rescues people with names starting with "H" ) who was cut in half by Gin. It has to have something to do with her perfect raiatsu control... http://www.mangareader.net/94-39731-...apter-382.html transfering reiatsu through sword for regeneration purposes?
    Well, her minazuki had already displayed healing powers well before that. Not that far back from that moment unohana said her minazuki should have greatly healed the people it was carrying within its stomach. Her zampakuto having healing powers is a fact at this point. I guess the issue is that we do not have enough information of her sword. The sting ray is just about large enough to have a chance of being a bankai meaning that her shikai could easily be the sort to not change shapes when released thus unohana could easily already be using it and we wouldn't know any better.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, her minazuki had already displayed healing powers well before that. Not that far back from that moment unohana said her minazuki should have greatly healed the people it was carrying within its stomach. Her zampakuto having healing powers is a fact at this point. I guess the issue is that we do not have enough information of her sword. The sting ray is just about large enough to have a chance of being a bankai meaning that her shikai could easily be the sort to not change shapes when released thus unohana could easily already be using it and we wouldn't know any better.
    Unohanas healing abilities do contrast that of a pure fighting squad which is 11th. Somehow things changed greatly for her. Im really curious how it all came to be.

New Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast