Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 524 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Discussion / 525 Predictions

finally got to see the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie, i think i can die happy now, finally a shounen manga successfully adapted into a truly great live action movie.....it seems there might be hope for Bleach 10 years from now

THAT MOVIE WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think ukitake and shunsui have "two" zampakuto. Each of them has a single zampakuto but they happen to have two swords each. I mean, shunsui has katen kyokotsu only, there is no other name for a zampakuto out there. Ukitake has sogyo no kotowari, there is no other name for a second zampakuto either. If shunsui and ukitake truly had 2 zampakuto then each of them would have a name and abilities of its own. Well, ishin and ichigo have the same zampakuto powers apparently however their zampakuto have different names, perhaps a shinigami having two different zampakuto would result in having 2 swords with 2 names but with the same abilities as the essence which would have formed both blades would be the same.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avantasian View Post
    Hisagi could be considered a third.
    I know, but Captain-Commander referred to his pupils as the only dual-Zanpakuto wielders in SS. Probably because Hisagi's Kazeshini is different from a regular sword in its Shikai form.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think ukitake and shunsui have "two" zampakuto. Each of them has a single zampakuto but they happen to have two swords each. I mean, shunsui has katen kyokotsu only, there is no other name for a zampakuto out there. Ukitake has sogyo no kotowari, there is no other name for a second zampakuto either. If shunsui and ukitake truly had 2 zampakuto then each of them would have a name and abilities of its own. Well, ishin and ichigo have the same zampakuto powers apparently however their zampakuto have different names, perhaps a shinigami having two different zampakuto would result in having 2 swords with 2 names but with the same abilities as the essence which would have formed both blades would be the same.
    I think you're right, they have one zanpaktou, but twin blades. two swords for the same zanpaktou.

I wonder if that means they somehow got their hands on two asauchi or if the asauchi turned into two blades when they release shikai mode.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I know, but Captain-Commander referred to his pupils as the only dual-Zanpakuto wielders in SS. Probably because Hisagi's Kazeshini is different from a regular sword in its Shikai form.
    That is true- I remember when the CC said that.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    finally got to see the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie, i think i can die happy now, finally a shounen manga successfully adapted into a truly great live action movie.....it seems there might be hope for Bleach 10 years from now

I think I would be happy with Bleach staying animated- but it would be great to get some CG graphics and a rebooted look.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    I think you're right, they have one zanpaktou, but twin blades. two swords for the same zanpaktou.

I wonder if that means they somehow got their hands on two asauchi or if the asauchi turned into two blades when they release shikai mode.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

That is true- I remember when the CC said that.
    Well, when shunsui first released his sword we actually saw him with two swords, a standard sized one and a smaller one. In ukitake's case we saw his one sword dividing into two swords. I guess that with ukitake the situation is more intuitive, he got one asauchi and when he learned how to release it turned into 2 swords. With shunsui the situation is more ambiguous as he has to begin with two separate swords. Maybe he got one asauchi at the start and then when he learned how to release it it stayed as two separate swords. If they were two swords before he learned how to release then it would imply kyoraku to begin with got 2 asauchi which means 2 zampakuto. I don't think kyoraku has 2 zampakuto which share a name, it would be a weird scenario.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when shunsui first released his sword we actually saw him with two swords, a standard sized one and a smaller one. In ukitake's case we saw his one sword dividing into two swords. I guess that with ukitake the situation is more intuitive, he got one asauchi and when he learned how to release it turned into 2 swords. With shunsui the situation is more ambiguous as he has to begin with two separate swords. Maybe he got one asauchi at the start and then when he learned how to release it it stayed as two separate swords. If they were two swords before he learned how to release then it would imply kyoraku to begin with got 2 asauchi which means 2 zampakuto. I don't think kyoraku has 2 zampakuto which share a name, it would be a weird scenario.
    Hmm. I wonder when the transformation from an asauchi to a "custom tsuba sword" like everyone important has happens? Perhaps when a shikai is released for the first time and then sealed, the sealed form is the "new sword"?
    Last edited by Aonsaithya; January 29, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
    Hmm. I wonder when the transformation from an asauchi to a "custom tsuba sword" like everyone important has happens? Perhaps shikai is released for the first time and sealed, the sealed form is the "new one"?
    that sounds very likely!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

With shunsui the situation is more ambiguous as he has to begin with two separate swords. Maybe he got one asauchi at the start and then when he learned how to release it it stayed as two separate swords. If they were two swords before he learned how to release then it would imply kyoraku to begin with got 2 asauchi which means 2 zampakuto. I don't think kyoraku has 2 zampakuto which share a name, it would be a weird scenario.
    Although I believe he has only 1 Zanpakuto, him having 2 with the same release may not be as weird as you may think.
    The Zanpakuto start out as Asauchi - un-named swords with no release commands. They then adapt to the soul of the person wielding them (and techniques are developed as the two work together).
    It is possible that, somehow, Kyouraku (and maybe Ukitake also) obtained 2 Asauchi. Then, as both swords are adapting to the same person, they both developed the same release commands.
    This would open up a question as to why no one else had ever done this since - but maybe the Asauchi are in short supply (unlikely considering all the free ones fighting Ichigo and Renji), or perhaps, most souls do not have the capability to use 2 Asauchi (but that would require more explanation as to how the Asauchi adapt to the soul)...
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post

This caught my attention. Generally the chances of shounen manga (not just shounen) being successfully made into a live movie (DBZ evolution, Avatar) is close to a zero. But I will research Rurouni Kenshin to see if it's truely amazing.

Though I don't suggest that being done for Bleach (I heard the idea to do it was actually there though).
    Last edited by Kay3795; January 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    This caught my attention. Generally the chances of shounen manga (not just shounen) being successfully made into a live movie (DBZ evolution, Avatar) is close to a zero. But I will research Rurouni Kenshin to see if it's truely amazing.

Though I don't suggest that being done for Bleach (I heard the idea to do it was actually there though).
    Curious how long it will take Hollywood to realize that completely changing the plot ruins the source material and destroys any chance of the movie doing well. DBZ Evolution had such incredible potential but they completely RUINED everything. Wind techniques really? Don't get me started.

Bleach has some great potential, but its pretty "absurd" to me for live action. That could be said for any though.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

525 Prediction: Flashback. I think there's a very very high likelihood that it's a flashback, considering the way 525 ended.

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Although I believe he has only 1 Zanpakuto, him having 2 with the same release may not be as weird as you may think.
    The Zanpakuto start out as Asauchi - un-named swords with no release commands. They then adapt to the soul of the person wielding them (and techniques are developed as the two work together).
    It is possible that, somehow, Kyouraku (and maybe Ukitake also) obtained 2 Asauchi. Then, as both swords are adapting to the same person, they both developed the same release commands.
    This would open up a question as to why no one else had ever done this since - but maybe the Asauchi are in short supply (unlikely considering all the free ones fighting Ichigo and Renji), or perhaps, most souls do not have the capability to use 2 Asauchi (but that would require more explanation as to how the Asauchi adapt to the soul)...
    Or, Shunsui started off with 1 Asauchi that adapted to his soul etc and became a Zanpuktou that had 2 blades in its unreleased form.

I don't think it's necessary that just coz he had 2 blades, he had to have 2 Asauchi. It could just be that his Asauchi became 2 blades as part of its unreleased form of the Zanpuktou.

1 Asauchi ----> Zanpuktou and Shikai formation -----> Unreleased 2 blade form

As for Ukitake, his is just 1 blade that splits into two so this argument doesn't apply to him at all.

I just realized that kkck said the same thing....
    Last edited by StarkPoseidon; January 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    Or, Shunsui started off with 1 Asauchi that adapted to his soul etc and became a Zanpuktou that had 2 blades in its unreleased form.

I don't think it's necessary that just coz he had 2 blades, he had to have 2 Asauchi. It could just be that his Asauchi became 2 blades as part of its unreleased form of the Zanpuktou.

1 Asauchi ----> Zanpuktou and Shikai formation -----> Unreleased 2 blade form

As for Ukitake, his is just 1 blade that splits into two so this argument doesn't apply to him at all.

I just realized that kkck said the same thing....
    I also agree with this
    as shown when I stated
    Although I believe he has only 1 Zanpakuto
    I am just pointing out that if the mangaka decided to introduce the idea of owning two/dual Asauchi later on - it would not be unexplainable... Definitely not the "asspull" that people do so love to shout when they see something that they do not agree with...
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

yes we did see him with two swords, however the asauchi appear thusfar to be the single katana looking blades, so his asauchi became two blades when he got his shikai, and after the first sealing of his sword, they unreleased state likely remained two blades. I think we have to allow a little wiggle room for kubo, I dont think he expected us fans to examine every nuance of every aspect of this highly addictive manga we know as bleach. He did say that these two are the only double blade zanpaktou- as to the exact method of creation, I can only speculate.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the weird part would not be that the two swords have the same ability but rather that they would have the same name and release. Someone with two asauchi would theoretically be sending unto them the same essence thus it makes sense that they would have similar abilities. The thing is that in the end each zampakuto would be entirely independent of the other and by all accounts should have their own name, release commands and personalities(it would be too huge a coincidence IMO that two independent zampakuto would by sheer coincidence get the same name, release command and personalities even if they were owned by the same person).

I don't think there is a limited supply for asauchi. At any given time there are 6000 shinigami in sereitei and each academy student is given one by default and even then only a small fraction of academy graduates apparently makes it to being a full fledge shinigami. Even among shinigami, most of them do not actually even get shikai. Considering the implications of so many shinigami being useless and unable to actually get shikai (mostly the asauchi in question being alone for eternity) I would think their attitude suggests there is a sort of surpluss of asauchi lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that, since the Asauchi evolves to zampakutou according to the reiatsu that the shinigami imprints it with, and since at least Shunsui seems to have two different normal behaviours fluctuating between serious and responsible Shunsui and crazy ass womanizer shunsui perhaps, as those two behaviours are incompatible the asauchi had to evolve into two a zampakutou with two swords and two behaviours.

Shunsui rules, shinigami by day, party animal by night. hellss yeah!!

New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast