Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 524 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Spoiler Discussion

Ken just said "i wanted to fight like you". Man, someone who enjoys fights more than life doesn't say that crap, he started his philosophy by losing against Unohana, fearing her?

Damnit! I hate when my favorites characters are screwed by shit like this, Tite has trolled me again. Luckily, Mayuri wouldn't say something like that.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference between his past and present self is his attitude during battle. He mentioned how back during his fight with Unohana he actually felt fear, and Unohana also mentioned that whenever he's close to death he becomes stronger. What does it mean? That he simply stops acting like an idiot and fights more seriously, just like he has done a few times now. Instinct for survival makes him competent and fight at his full strength. Now it's been a thousand years (apparently) since they last fought, and Kenpachi has been disappointed with every subsequent fight after Unohana's, progressively losing his instinct to survive and get stronger (look at what he said after his fight with Ichigo) and eventually limiting himself just to be able to enjoy fights with small fry, hence fighting with one hand, wearing an eye patch, putting bells on his hair and lowering the strength of his attacks.

Basically he had one great fight a thousand years back and everything after hasn't been good enough, so he lowered the bar. And then it turned out Yachiru wasn't who he thought she was and gave up and even started crying. Good, now he can stop acting like an idiot and learn from Unohana, the reason they are both there fighting in the first place.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Ken is weak or become weaker, it is exact the thing Unohana need to do : Give Kenpache a reason to become stronger. Shes overpowering him with all this stuff just to push him on the edge, where his instincts make him stronger and where he eventualy find the new source of power. She is there not to fight him to death, she is there to make him ultimate weapon of SS for the price of her own life.

p.s.
    a romantic fight to death...still a better love story than twighlights...right?

6. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter kinda makes me think, it should have been obvious from the very start that the opponent Kenpachi seeks was somewhere in the G13, why else would he have stuck around, for a person with only that one track mind obssession, he knew who he was after and she was in front of us the whole time

on that note, what if Unohana is Kenpachi's son, abandoned son....hence the sin? that might be an interesting theory, this might also be the only way they can both survive, if there turns out to be that kind of bond (mother-son)

either way great chapter!
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; January 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Zaraki gets stronger every time he's killed? Is that the case or is there another translation?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    too much dragonball kubo XD, first the hyperbolic time chamber, and now a saiyan...
    Where does it say in the chapter that Zaraki's a saiyan?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid chapter. We need a flashback of Unohana vs Zaraki.

I love how every single Bleach chapter these days leaves us begging for more and more info...that's the way it should be!

I love this new side to Zaraki too, he actually cried...wow...just wow Kubo...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to know exactly what they mean by his ability. Is it:

1. He get stronger when he's killed
    2. He gets stronger as he nears death.

There's a big difference. One implies he can't be killed while the other implies he becomes increasingly hard to kill. Also, is this the ability of his sword that he can use or is it his or something else?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont care if kenpachi dies anymore...unohana has become one of my fav characters now XD she should survive and fight someone crazy

and yea kenpachi crying...nice touch...maybe now that he has started to feel something he mite just finally talk to his sword... him being a brute wont help him anymore...

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting chapter. looking forward to reading the next one
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

did Kenpachi get "stabbed" through the neck when he felt fear/thought about something other than the fight? I know he didnt actually get stabbed but is this why he said "What was that? I'm sure I....Shit"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post

on that note, what if Unohana is Kenpachi's son, abandoned son....hence the sin? that might be an interesting theory, this might also be the only way they can both survive, if there turns out to be that kind of bond (mother-son)

either way great chapter!
    A bit of baby-mama drama sprinkled in with mommy issues and we've got ourselves some great flashback chapters...or a few episodes with Maury Povich.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

On a third reading (yeah, I am loving the art) of this chapter something has occurred to me.
    Is it possible that somehow Unohana tied Kenpachi's life to her own (using her medical kidou or something)?
    I am almost 100% sure now that she actually did stab Kenpachi in the throat in this chapter - and kill him.
    The fact that she says he gets stronger every time he dies (will need to check the Japanese on this one), and that it is her Sin that he does - makes me think that perhaps something strange happens to them both when Kenpachi dies.
    Perhaps he gains some of her power when he dies - thus, by her dying at the end, Kenpachi will leave this fight far far stronger than before...
    It sounds weird to me as I type this, and it is probably due to a strange translation, but it is the only thing that jumps to mind currently...

Quote Originally Posted by duhduhduh View Post
    Pretty sure Kenpachi has been getting stronger the whole series.

Slightly losing Vs Nnoitora
    I meant the bit where he couldn't actually cut him - as he wasn't used to it or something...
    Also, it wasn't just slightly losing - before he brought out the kendo, Zaraki was going to die (he even said as much).

Quote Originally Posted by duhduhduh View Post
    Loses against VD dude. VD dude is probably >>>>>> nnoitora, especially considering it took yama's bankai to finish him. This is all very consistent actually.
    I, for one, am certain that the bankai was not necessary. Yamamoto could cut him in Shikai, and was fighting far more skillfully before he decided to show off...
    The bankai was only 'necessary' so that he could then die in the following chapters.
    Last edited by zimbardo; January 23, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
    Infinite RAGE!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

These tears was......unexpected.
    next chapter a flashback, oh god yes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Superb chapter. The anime should come back for fights like this. And I'm thinking she actually killed him there when she stabbed him through the neck. Speculation: One of them has a Bankai/Shikai ability that lets them negate a death. It would make Yachiru an excellent healer while it would make Kenpachi an Uchiha.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast