Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 524 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Discussion / 525 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Hey you might be on to something here. That would explain why only one of them can live, because when this fight is over they will fuse or merge again, the winner will retain their personality and body while the loser is wiped from existence.
    So... Kenpachi is Demon Lord Piccolo and Unohana is Kami.

If Kenpachi gets stronger by dying and he's absurdly strong as it is I imagine he had to die a shitload of times. Here's hoping we get a flashback of Kenpachi wandering around Rukongai getting murdered over and over again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    That reminds me of the title of the episode within the anime where Ichigo first fights Kenpachi (sorry I forgot the full title, it was something like "The Immortal Man!")...

Anyways, I think there are 4 possibilities that would explain Zaraki getting stabbed in the neck but living;
    • It's difficult to tell from the angle, but he might not have gotten stabbed in the neck.
    • Zaraki's Zanpakutou's power kicked in and stopped him from dying.
    • Unohana's Zanpakutou's power kicked in and stopped him from dying (after all, it has healing properties).
    • What we saw was an effect of Unohana's immense spiritual pressure (Ichigo experienced something similar as he first approached Zaraki before their first battle, where his spiritual pressure made him think he'd been stabbed in the chest).

Here's the link, which shows the example in the latter bulletpoint...

http://www.mangareader.net/94-557-14...apter-103.html
    That was one of my first thoughts too -- that he just felt her killing intent that badly. But the blood on her face remained so unless that's Kubo's error, Zaraki's near-death experience made him kinda black out and fight un/subconsciously.

Mangastream's translation doesn't mention any 'curse' either so I guess it is a sin she's talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I haven't looked back in the posts but I was wondering: Did anyone else notice Kenpachi crying when he talked about dying without knowing the joys of defeating Unohana?

That was pretty powerful.
    Good point, I didn't see that. So Unohana's so badass she made Kenpachi cry!

I agree with the rest of your post, Kenpachi admires her dominant strength, but it's not like he meant to imitate her techniques.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 350z's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I am firmly in the camp of "I don't see the point in killing either of these characters". These two characters have been really interesting since their first appearances in series. Killing either one of them off at this point would really be a waste on pretty much every level. Here's one for Kubo: explore the full range of a character so that way when (or if) he dies, his death is meaningful.

I'm pretty much like almost everybody else who reads Bleach: I want to see these two characters do some outlandish crazy shit before they die (preferably against the Vandenreich instead of each other).

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    The difference between his past and present self is his attitude during battle. He mentioned how back during his fight with Unohana he actually felt fear, and Unohana also mentioned that whenever he's close to death he becomes stronger. What does it mean? That he simply stops acting like an idiot and fights more seriously, just like he has done a few times now. Instinct for survival makes him competent and fight at his full strength. Now it's been a thousand years (apparently) since they last fought, and Kenpachi has been disappointed with every subsequent fight after Unohana's, progressively losing his instinct to survive and get stronger (look at what he said after his fight with Ichigo) and eventually limiting himself just to be able to enjoy fights with small fry, hence fighting with one hand, wearing an eye patch, putting bells on his hair and lowering the strength of his attacks.

Basically he had one great fight a thousand years back and everything after hasn't been good enough, so he lowered the bar. And then it turned out Yachiru wasn't who he thought she was and gave up and even started crying. Good, now he can stop acting like an idiot and learn from Unohana, the reason they are both there fighting in the first place.
    You totally stole my post haha

Anyway, I've noticed how some individuals here are saying Zaraki was crying (manly tears ) but re-read the chapter again.

Both these characters never moved since this page (top page) http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/74257036/12 (after this page Zaraki spaced out).

This page was merely showed when Zaraki was back into reality http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/74257036/19

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member llmcduff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana is Yachiru's mom.
    Me hungry!!! Or is it, Me Grimlock? I don't remember.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Even if he was healed the moment he lost his consciousness, I wonder how he got a hold of his blade again on his own. But he definitely lost it all at some point, since he thought he was dying at that stage.
    Anyone getting something out of Unohana's words? What was she possibly referring to as her sin, I didn't really get it.
    Ok, so i have some answers MAYBE, that can clear this up. First is approx page 15, AFTER she knocked his sword away from him and has him up against the pillar. there is a panel with zaraki showing his back.... this is him walking over to get his sword... the panels after that show the lines through them which normally show a flash back or rememberance. Now the panel when she stabs him does not have lines through them or are shaded out darker which is normally a hallucination.... the blood on her face IS FROM her stabbing zaraki.... now i dont think ANYONE can say what her shikai can do exactly...... but we have seen her bankai healing extremely well.... this is just theory now.... but what if her shikai has healing abilities as well.... but lets say she can heal a wound once her sword is removed...this would explain multiple issues.... first that he did get stabbed in the neck and did die ( not hallucinate dieing)... then she removed it and healed him in that instant.... he would have died and gotten stronger like she wanted.....now i know people will pick this apart and please do.... this is just my 2 cents.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I just realized those were scenes of Yachiru and Isane in the beginnnig fof the chapter. I thought it was just Isane the whole time. smh
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llmcduff View Post
    Unohana is Yachiru's mom.
    And obviously, Kenpachi is the father (that's the sin)

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    You totally stole my post haha

Anyway, I've noticed how some individuals here are saying Zaraki was crying (manly tears ) but re-read the chapter again.

Both these characters never moved since this page (top page) http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/74257036/12 (after this page Zaraki spaced out).

This page was merely showed when Zaraki was back into reality http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/74257036/19
    Look on Unohana's face. Do you see something changing? I mean the blood on her left cheek. It wasn't there on the first page, and it was on the 2nd. And look at http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/74257036/18, bottom center panel. The same blood is dropping on her face there.
    No, I doubt it's an illusion. Rather, there's some other crazy shit going on.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

I prefer believing the "sin" Unohana's talking about to be giving Kenpachi a reason for getting stronger after being close to death everytime, rather than her actually doing something to Kenpachi which gives him this Saiyan ability.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading mangstream chapter, it definitely implies Zaraki died. Even Zaraki suggest that he could've sworn he had been killed and died. When he came back was when he questioned what happened because he didn't understand. Unohana understands and whatever it is has to do with something she did or how she feels or something like that. Maybe a love story?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to see how Kenpachi will be learning anything related to swordsmanship if he keeps going unconscious mid-fight. A strength that isn't honed won't be giving him a victory over Unohana from the looks of it. If he is to learn the moves through Unohana by keeping up with her, I wonder how good his perceptive skills at this are.

One of the most open-ended chapters of the recent times, for sure. Little background was revealed and all we are left to toy with is a couple of theories that will probably dwell on Kenpachi's near-immortal state or him coming back from death, and Unohana's supposed sin.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    What if unoahana and zaraki were actually one being and then got seperated into two cuz that being power is too much for a single body and so unohana received the skills and zaraki received the power but the zanpaktou spirit couldnt be split so it went with unohana and zarakis zanpaktou is just a empty vessel

i know this is like starrk and lilinette but if its possible for a hollow , why not shinigami ?
    yeah i actually like this idea with maybe a little tweaking..... remember when they talked about yamma being a crazy killer...and he changed to still be a bad ass but not such a crazy killer type...... now unohana lets say was also a badass crazy killer type..... yamma tells her that she needs to change her ways..... so she goes crazy trying to change her thinking but the only way to do it is to split her personality.... hence zaraki KENPACHI is born or manefested into existence.... she leaves him in rukongai..... and goes back to ss and is a kinder hearted person but still has all the skills but without that DOWNRIGHT killer attitude..... jst a thought but good call i think.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I prefer believing the "sin" Unohana's talking about to be giving Kenpachi a reason for getting stronger after being close to death everytime, rather than her actually doing something to Kenpachi which gives him this Saiyan ability.
    Or perhaps Unohana in her past shared the same attitude that made her a bloodstained villain in SS history, something she might definitely refer as a sin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i bet unohana gave the exact same speech to zaraki as zaraki to ikkaku , zaraki was probably like why dont you kill me and unohana would reply that it isnt fun to kill someone who isnt able to fight anymore

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly but of course kubo will mess this up somehow and everybody will complain and say it makes no sense then he'll give ichigo some new form or powerup and everyone thinks bleach is the best again. i wish we could hold him accountable for longer than 3 chapters.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

New Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast