Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 524 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 524 Discussion / 525 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Not at all, he only fought with two hands for like two seconds anyway lol. Kenpachi's greatest weakness is his enjoyment of fights, he gives himself openings and disadvantages just to make them more enjoyable, and recklessly charges in, tanking attacks without giving a fuck(even though they do damage him). However, fighting Unohana was the first time Kenpachi says he wasn't bored with his opponent. This may have led him to start enjoying fights, which gets in the way of him utilizing his potential.
    This is an interesting insight, the chances of Unuhana was the one who made him start enjoy fighting, which seems very likely to me considering the current chapter where Zaraki explained himself and his past.
    I really can't wait to see whether Zaraki will loose his "weakness", after either learning something from Unuhana that changes his mentality or surpassing her (maybe both), just what kind of character would emerge? I picture Kubo can go multiple of ways on this one, what exactly is in store for Zaraki?

We know that Shunsei wants to make Zaraki a Ace card for Soul Society's own protection, so Zaraki loosing his self-destructive behaviour to enjoy fights seems like something that will have to fly out of the window for this to succeed.
    Zaraki would likely never be able to fight at full potential against serious enemies, if he's constantly trying to milk fights with a mentality made for fun and adrenalin rushes.

Unuhana also describes Zaraki like a baby drinking from his mothers milk, further suggesting that Zaraki won't only change physically, but also mentally, becoming more mature, and using that brain of his.

Although the day Zaraki shows to use cheap tricks to win a fight , that will be shocking to me, even if it's a possible development.
    It sure would be a 180 degree turn around from his current mentality.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to see what happened in the past,cause that would help (or damage?) the timeline too. after that,he will achieve bankai!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not think this fight will cause death of either of captains, reason being even if ken powers up to defeat uno, by that time both of them will be tired and will about to be passed out, uno having minazuki for healing may do so in the end.

i mean it would be shame to lose shinigamis like ken or uno. it would be awesome to see these poweruped ken and uno fighting alongside in the battle field.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks like kenpachi cant die, so he may be greater in power after a dozen deaths. he will wound unohana but will not kill, because he will not want to lose the only person capable of satisfying his battle lust

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I was talking about the name of the zan, thanks for misinterpreting my comment and falsly assuming my thoughts. What I meant was that Kubo has mentioned his connection to his zan spirit again since that moment.

I know fully well that he had named Yachiru after the person he admired in the past, I even argued with it in the past weeks. Why would you even assume I had thought so... :'( a bit disappointing to think I would think so, while I had no reason to, as it wasn't contradiciting with the plot at all.

Got to go, let some steam off before I turn this discussion sour.
    edit: Well sorry for putting the first sentence of the post into the quote, only meant the lowest part of the picture.
    Then I understand even less. How is Kenpachi's zanpakuto and its name something Kubo "forgot", and how does it mean he "changed the plot to his whim"?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole Royal Guard invention thing has got me thinking. Up until this point we've been given this image of a Shinigami as a superhuman ghost with a Zanpakutou, but we now know that a Zanpakutou is something that was invented to assist the Shinigami with fighting, as was probably Kido and many other of the traits that define them. So now I find myself asking, "WHAT IS A SHINIGAMI???"

Well, now that we know that the Zanpakutou wasn't something that was with them the whole time, we can assume that they couldn't perform Soul Burials before then (unless they did it some other way, or simply allowed all Pluses to become Hollows and sent them to Soul Society by defeating them, again by some other means).

To answer my above question, as well as the question of "what is a pureblood?", I think a Shinigami is simply a descendant of the Royal Bloodline...i.e. the Spirit King. In other words, I think all the Shinigami we've seen up until now are actually Shinigami/Human offspring (remember that those who don't have Shinigami parents may still contain it in their blood if souls are 'recycled'), and the Soul King is a pureblood Shinigami. It could be said that the Soul King is a god, whereas the rest of the Shinigami are demi-gods. This could also explain why the first Shinigami that we've been told about are so strong; they have purer blood than the current generation of Shinigami.

Which brings me to the Vandenreich; I think the Vandenreich are the "purer-blooded" Quincy, whereas the Quincy are the watered-down Quincy/Human offspring. Juhabach is most-likely a member of the Quincy Royal bloodline, which is why he's significantly more powerful than the others (i.e. he has purer blood). It seems as though he's still not a pure-blood though, as he looks human. I'd imagine he's actually a penultimate enemy, and we'll see a pure-blood Quincy later on (who'll look as transcendental as the Soul King does).

As for where these pure-blooded beings came from, who knows?...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Then I understand even less. How is Kenpachi's zanpakuto and its name something Kubo "forgot", and how does it mean he "changed the plot to his whim"?
    Since it implies a start to a better connection between those two of course, leaving that out in his Nnoitra fight to concentrate on the sword skills/kendo concept, instead of showing any betterment in his relationship to his sword, a name anything, but we got nothing at all for soon 10 years of plot development in between. Which leads to this chapter where it's all about basic instincts again. Not really my problem, if you ignore his own words from back than. Kubo took a slightly different turn in my opinion, since it's his own words(well Zarakis) alluding to a change.

This would only make sense if Kenpachi and Unohana had interacted at any point before in the manga, which they haven't. It seems like Kubo had a good reason for Unohana not fighting until chapter 524, and for not having Kenpachi and Unohana ever talk before this chapter.
    I didn't mean Zaraki's and Unohana's relationship, why do you think the first sentence is crossed through?! You didn't even read the follow up post with me clarifying what I meant.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 25, 2013 at 05:02 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Zaraki did refer to his sword as "him" at the beginning of the Nnoitra fight, suggesting he's made at least some progress in seeing his Zan as something more than a sharp piece of metal. Still, going by the last couple of chapters, I get the impression that he might be a lot older than previously thought. After potentially centuries (as an estimate) of misusing his Zanpakuto, it should take more than a year and a half to master it properly, especially for someone as lacking in control as Zaraki. But that's the point of this training right now; even if he doesn't fully grasp understanding with his sword, it should at least set him down a path where he might one day do so.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Kenpachi's greatest weakness is his enjoyment of fights, he gives himself openings and disadvantages just to make them more enjoyable, and recklessly charges in, tanking attacks without giving a fuck(even though they do damage him). However, fighting Unohana was the first time Kenpachi says he wasn't bored with his opponent. This may have led him to start enjoying fights, which gets in the way of him utilizing his potential.
    Yeah, this could also be what she meant by "her sin", that she's the one who instilled him with this reckless bloodlust because ever since he's trying to recapture the thrill of his fight with her. Until he beats her, he won't allow himself to die (kind of like Ichigo with... well, everyone he fights ever). Also, remember his words to Ikkaku after they fought? When he was telling Ikkaku that wanting to die in battle is stupid and he should take surviving as a chance to get stronger and cut the guy who cut him down - I get the sense he heard that from Unohana in the past.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raderack's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana sin is

Let her son(who is kenpachi,calling it now) alone in the blood that was soul society..so to protect her son..she just slaughter all the assasins,and bad people..then she meet yamamoto and the rest of the first gotei..

Somewhat in the middle of that,kenpachi lost her memory,and she got separeted from her child.
    Im learning/training/ about cleaning. So if you have any tips let me known. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this chapter is revealing about kenpachi a very core flaw he has had up until now- He has been gifted with raw strength and power but has become a dull blade-
    It seems that he never bothers to use more than just one arm let alone his zanpaktou because he has not faced an opponent that counter his brute strength with skill.

I think this fight with unohana is ment to teach him to fight with his entire being. and when he does that I think Still it will not be enough.
    if he fights with his entire being, and starts to overpower unohana, all she has to do is go bankai. and she will vastly out power kenpachi once again- and I think it is THAT- which will force him to consider his weakness at not having the ability to communicate with and fight with his zanpaktou.

I think kubo is doing a great job because not only is ichigo getting his zanpaktou reforged with renji and we get to see how that is done - we also get to see a shinigami who may finally be learning to communicate and establish a relationship with his zanpaktou for the first time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    This whole Royal Guard invention thing has got me thinking. Up until this point we've been given this image of a Shinigami as a superhuman ghost with a Zanpakutou, but we now know that a Zanpakutou is something that was invented to assist the Shinigami with fighting, as was probably Kido and many other of the traits that define them. So now I find myself asking, "WHAT IS A SHINIGAMI???"
    We knew that ages ago:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-564-14...apter-110.html

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, but there has to be more to the whole zampakuto thing than the zampakuto just being foreign to the shinigami. Overall we have seen the link between zampakuto and shinigami to be extremely deep. If what we have seen with ichigo is to be relevant then a zampakuto even has an influence over the very reiatsu (quantity and quality) of the shinigami in question. In this regard while the zampakuto is given to shinigami perhaps the situation is that over time the link between zampakuto and shinigami becomes extremely deep, far more than what the current explanations suggest. Perhaps asauchi start of as foreign to shinigami but as the shinigami imprint the asauchi the asauchi does the reverse, imprint the shinigami with its own essence. Eventually the shinigami and zampakuto end up being by all intents and purposes a single being (which is perhaps why ichigo and aizen fused with their zampakuto in their transcendental forms).

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder whether Tenjiru was unohana's sensei back then,over 1000 years ago. also,she became the captain of the 4th division around 400 years ago,but zaraki cannot be so old!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Well, Zaraki did refer to his sword as "him" at the beginning of the Nnoitra fight, suggesting he's made at least some progress in seeing his Zan as something more than a sharp piece of metal. Still, going by the last couple of chapters, I get the impression that he might be a lot older than previously thought. After potentially centuries (as an estimate) of misusing his Zanpakuto, it should take more than a year and a half to master it properly, especially for someone as lacking in control as Zaraki. But that's the point of this training right now; even if he doesn't fully grasp understanding with his sword, it should at least set him down a path where he might one day do so.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Yeah, this could also be what she meant by "her sin", that she's the one who instilled him with this reckless bloodlust because ever since he's trying to recapture the thrill of his fight with her. Until he beats her, he won't allow himself to die (kind of like Ichigo with... well, everyone he fights ever). Also, remember his words to Ikkaku after they fought? When he was telling Ikkaku that wanting to die in battle is stupid and he should take surviving as a chance to get stronger and cut the guy who cut him down - I get the sense he heard that from Unohana in the past.
    perhaps zakari zanpaktou is a woman- and by him assigning his zanpaktou the male gender he demonstrates again that he has not contacted his zanpaktou at all.
    In fact i think it would be awesome if his zanpaktou was a woman, no fury like a womans scorn and all that- might be a good balance to kenpachi.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I wonder whether Tenjiru was unohana's sensei back then,over 1000 years ago. also,she became the captain of the 4th division around 400 years ago,but zaraki cannot be so old!
    I don't think Kirinji was Unohana's sensei at any point in the story. He doesn't need to be, if we consider the fact that Unohana wasn't a healer originally, but a criminal.
    By the way, from where did that 400 years number came from, hm?

New Reply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast