Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Vividred Operation

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Vividred Operation

Vividred Operation

Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Aniplex of America
    Director: Kazuhiro Takamura
    Starring: Rie Murakawa as Aoi Futaba, Ayane Sakura as Akane Isshiki
    Episodes: 12

An original sci-fi action anime featuring a 14-year-old girl. The story takes place in a peaceful island filled with nature and technology.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vividred Operation

Not much to say despite the fact that it was ridiculous in a pretty bad way. I was barely able to finish the first episode - bland characters, obvious fanservice and pretty far away from what you would call a good plot. There's no way I will continue to watch the series.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was expecting more from an original work, this was trying to convey some regular good old anime themes in a bad way, no wonder no one bothered to make a thread about it. >__< Perhaps blending mecha and the magical girl theme did not work out as I expected, it is a regular show for me, not one of those that stand out in this season.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll watch at least 3 episodes before I judge. For know I'm not unhappy with it. The animation is good too. I did dislike strike witches but this seems better.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Perhaps blending mecha and the magical girl theme did not work out as I expected, it is a regular show for me, not one of those that stand out in this season.
    I don't know. Maybe it will work better if it doesn't follow the Power Ranger plot model? Since the plot goes exactly like this:

Boss makes crazy invention --> Someone transforms --> Kills the monster --> Bad guy revives the monster 999x times stronger --> Our heroes have a hard time --> MERGE (in Power Ranger they can build a giant robot, but in Vividred the girls actually MERGED with each other) --> Say bye to the monster --> Happy end!

I probably sound like I really hate that kind of plot direction. I think it works well with Power Ranger or Ultraman or series like that, but I don't think I really want to see any other action series with that kind of plot. Not to mention the fan service part.

I'm sorry, but definitely dropping this series.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't know. Maybe it will work better if it doesn't follow the Power Ranger plot model? Since the plot goes exactly like this:

Boss makes crazy invention --> Someone transforms --> Kills the monster --> Bad guy revives the monster 999x times stronger --> Our heroes have a hard time --> MERGE (in Power Ranger they can build a giant robot, but in Vividred the girls actually MERGED with each other) --> Say bye to the monster --> Happy end!

I probably sound like I really hate that kind of plot direction. I think it works well with Power Ranger or Ultraman or series like that, but I don't think I really want to see any other action series with that kind of plot. Not to mention the fan service part.

I'm sorry, but definitely dropping this series.
    yeah, I could not say it any better...

I have even given this anime a chance and looked also at episode 2, and my thoughts were exactly the same as phio_chan mentioned earlier, especially the part about fan service that looks really creepy to me here...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

New Reply