Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Vividred Operation

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Vividred Operation

Vividred Operation

Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Aniplex of America
    Director: Kazuhiro Takamura
    Starring: Rie Murakawa as Aoi Futaba, Ayane Sakura as Akane Isshiki
    Episodes: 12

An original sci-fi action anime featuring a 14-year-old girl. The story takes place in a peaceful island filled with nature and technology.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vividred Operation

Not much to say despite the fact that it was ridiculous in a pretty bad way. I was barely able to finish the first episode - bland characters, obvious fanservice and pretty far away from what you would call a good plot. There's no way I will continue to watch the series.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was expecting more from an original work, this was trying to convey some regular good old anime themes in a bad way, no wonder no one bothered to make a thread about it. >__< Perhaps blending mecha and the magical girl theme did not work out as I expected, it is a regular show for me, not one of those that stand out in this season.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll watch at least 3 episodes before I judge. For know I'm not unhappy with it. The animation is good too. I did dislike strike witches but this seems better.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Perhaps blending mecha and the magical girl theme did not work out as I expected, it is a regular show for me, not one of those that stand out in this season.
    I don't know. Maybe it will work better if it doesn't follow the Power Ranger plot model? Since the plot goes exactly like this:

Boss makes crazy invention --> Someone transforms --> Kills the monster --> Bad guy revives the monster 999x times stronger --> Our heroes have a hard time --> MERGE (in Power Ranger they can build a giant robot, but in Vividred the girls actually MERGED with each other) --> Say bye to the monster --> Happy end!

I probably sound like I really hate that kind of plot direction. I think it works well with Power Ranger or Ultraman or series like that, but I don't think I really want to see any other action series with that kind of plot. Not to mention the fan service part.

I'm sorry, but definitely dropping this series.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't know. Maybe it will work better if it doesn't follow the Power Ranger plot model? Since the plot goes exactly like this:

Boss makes crazy invention --> Someone transforms --> Kills the monster --> Bad guy revives the monster 999x times stronger --> Our heroes have a hard time --> MERGE (in Power Ranger they can build a giant robot, but in Vividred the girls actually MERGED with each other) --> Say bye to the monster --> Happy end!

I probably sound like I really hate that kind of plot direction. I think it works well with Power Ranger or Ultraman or series like that, but I don't think I really want to see any other action series with that kind of plot. Not to mention the fan service part.

I'm sorry, but definitely dropping this series.
    yeah, I could not say it any better...

I have even given this anime a chance and looked also at episode 2, and my thoughts were exactly the same as phio_chan mentioned earlier, especially the part about fan service that looks really creepy to me here...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

New Reply