Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 219 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 219 Discussion Thread

so the only person without an opponent for now is Zebra. would be quite lame if all he did throughout the entire battle was protect the audience; he is the strongest of the 4 kings isnt he? Maybe Zaus just fell asleep? lol

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 219 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Did he have a heart attack or what? Even Komatsu seems to be perfectly unharmed.
    Star knows that he won't be able to take down Zaus that easily. So maybe he gave Zaus a powerful sneak attack.
    At the end of Ichiryuu and Midora's meeting, Midora used some kind of teleporting technique. There's a possibility that Star could also use that technique. Because I couldn't think of another way he could get past the 4 HK's senses.
    And with Komatsu, he wouldn't need to use even 0.1% of his strength.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaus isn't dead or out of this fight yet I will bet on it..... Great chapter with all the matchups and the chefs also want some action this will be a great war!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    so the only person without an opponent for now is Zebra. would be quite lame if all he did throughout the entire battle was protect the audience; he is the strongest of the 4 kings isnt he? Maybe Zaus just fell asleep? lol
    Yea #1 chef dies from an attack which was really more of an introduction. Not buying it. He must have switched sides faking his death would only make sense if he were a traitor or foresaw this event far ahead enough to have the foresight to pretend to die and then do a sneak attack on someone..?

I agree with you Zebera has to fight, protecting people isnt really his bag the Bishoukai are so damn cocky.

Notice how Buranchi evaporates that creature with electricity. I hope those batteries are revealed later on when he gets into a fight.
    Komatsu with batteries and melek knife = strong enough for gourmet world. That or he gets gourmet cells, but this could be an alternative.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of me is conflicted. Obviously the Sous Chefs are and should be much stronger than the 4 Heavenly Kings. No way Toriko should be able to defeat Staayjun, but what happens in this fight then? If Toriko wins then that is one less rival for obtaining God in the Gourmet World.

Staayjun hardly did anything and he still blocked all of Toriko's attacks with ease. Shima is setting this up so that the good guys struggle mightily having a tough go of it, most likely to only prevail in the end one way or another.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So, we're clearly not going to skimp on the action. Tons of battles coming up. I'm seriously doubting that Zaus is done for, I find it very unlikely that he would be so easy to dispatch. I'm actually quite interested in seeing how the chefs handle their own. Although, I'm most excited about the potential battle between Chiyo and Setsuno. That would be an amazing match-up. Looking forward to next week's chapter.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

If some of these people were to truly get serious I seriously doubt that Zebra could protect the public from the damage caused by the clash of their attacks.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Want to see Sani own Tommy rod in an instant. He was Toriko's opponent a long time ago...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked a lot this chapter, but somehow it felt very short.
    Anyway we've got epic match-ups here; I don't know if the Toriko and the others will defeat their enemies, but I guess that we will wathc good fights.
    Zaus kinda made me laugh standing on the floor burning. LOL

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

nice matchups.. i think even though the Four Heavenly Kings powered up a lot through Food Honor and such.. the fights against the Vice Chefs will like the fight that happened between Toriko & Tommyrod .. the FHK will be beaten pretty badly .. but Komatsu wont be taken away by the Bishokukai ..
    I have my fingers crossed for unexpected turn of events .. lets see what the two Oth Biotope members are upto.. they didn't even show their reactions to the arrival of Bishokukai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mighty fine chapter. Toriko going all out was awesome, but Star is probably going to get up and brush it off.

We finally get to see more of Grinpatch in action and up against Coco no less. Since body mods seem to the new thing in this manga, Grinpatch obviously has something similar to Livebearer to be able to withstand Coco's poison. What other poisons Coco brings to the table will cool to see.

Ah Sani vs Tommyrod. I agree that this fight is a bit to predictable, but oh well. The leg/claw Tommy spit out kind of shows that he now has more control over his super bug. Before he was only able to show a piece of to frighten people. Now he can apparently guide it. He can probably hatch and hold more insects as well. Him cutting Sani's hair was a surprise...until Sani activated "armament haki" and equipped it to his hair. It really does look like haki. Can't wait to see that in action.

Zaus isn't dead or defeated. The way Setsuno looked was much to calm. Something must be up.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Zaus was poisoned, who knows, or maybe Kousairou is the traitor and knocked him out, I could buy that personally

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter! I can't wait to see all the fights. Now that I think about it, you guys were right about it making since that Sani fights Tommy since he will think all the bugs are gross.

As far as Zaus goes, I'm leaning towards what DarkRyu just said. I think either Kousairou or someone else extremely powerful (and stealthy) knocked out Zaus during the commotion. I think Setsuno was thinking..."Zaus shouldn't be affected by such a low level of heat...What happened?"

For the upcoming chapters....besides the obvious fights...What I would like to see is Zebra protecting Komatsu and giving him some pointers on how to protect his self at the same time. Basically an extended version of what happened in the Gourmet Pyramid. But my guess is Zebra will get pulled in to fighting with a higher ranking Bishokukai that hasn't been fully introduced yet; maybe Limon.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zebra's going to fight at some point, but it won't be someone like limon, she's too weak for him. As we saw, Elg, Limon, and Chiyo are going straight for the chefs, so they're going to fight chefs. I think it will be Setsuno, Buranchi, and Yuda against them, while the weaker (but still powerful) chefs take out the various beasts and GT robos in the arena. Actually, if there is a Kuriboh vs Kousairou fight, I think Zebra will help out Kuriboh. He's the strongest of the FHK, I think even a sous chef would be a little easy for him.

As for the rest of the matchups, I think Match will fight Jerryboy and Aimaru will fight Yuu. I really want to see Aimaru fight. I also want to see Melk II help out, but she's really too weak to do much. Maybe she'll just protect Komatsu now that the FHK's are all preoccupied.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

And don't forget their pets/partners to help them with the monsters. I wonder if the Dharma horse is still there.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast