Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: HEART SEAT!

  1. #16
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Anyone thought about Vergo being "Diamond"? Would certainly fit, his clothes (and the burger he had on his face) had a Diamond-Pattern. Vergo was very proud of his Haki defense and diamonds are considered hardest marterial.

    If some of Doflas Crewmates really have card aliases, it would be weird if Vergo, his most trusted subordinate hasn't got one.

  2. #17
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    yes its certainly a card themed "family" or group, of which law seemingly wants out
    kind of funny that joker is the boss not "king" or something like that

  3. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ikacantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    OH! Almost forgot Ace was the Spade Pirates-- Must be no coincidence! Ace too was hurry for aiming Whitebeard's life right? The Aces (Spade, Heart, Club & Diamond) must have arranged a meeting where they have race! Defeat each one a Yonkou! They are 4 Aces and 4 Yonkous!
    Law - Ace of Heart - North Blue : Big Mum
    Ace - Ace of Spade - East Blue : White Beard
    ??? - Ace of Club - West Blue : Kaidou
    ??? - Ace of Diamond - South Blue : Shanks
    Then it make sense.. Remember when Law saved Luffy, he stared at the Strawhat? Ace must have mention about Luffy - brother who used Strawhat a lot..
    Aghh.. I REAAALLLLYYY want Law's Flashback!
    Last edited by ikacantik; January 19, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    I'm not sure anymore if the "heart seat" refers to game cards, as that scheme was already used for the Trump Brotherhood in the second movie. Not that it was canon, but sort of reusing it would be kinda lame for the Doflamingo Pirates as there's also been a female Logia user already in the Trump Brotherhood, too...

    And as Bellamy Pirates had mouth and tongue on their flag, I tend to say that the seats of the Doflamingo Pirates are representing several human organs...

    Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    Marineford War:
    Spoiler show
    No, sorry. Sengoku gave the order and Crocodile stopped the executioners. Doflamingo then attacked Crocodile. Doflamingo never was closer to the execution platform than at the beginning of the battle on the "Shichibukai line of defense".

    Quote Originally Posted by ikacantik View Post
    OH! Almost forgot Ace was the Spade Pirates-- Must be no coincidence! Ace too was hurry for aiming Whitebeard's life right? The Aces (Spade, Heart, Club & Diamond) must have arranged a meeting where they have race! Defeat each one a Yonkou! They are 4 Aces and 4 Yonkous!
    Law - Ace of Heart - North Blue : Big Mum
    Ace - Ace of Spade - East Blue : White Beard
    ??? - Ace of Club - West Blue : Kaidou
    ??? - Ace of Diamond - South Blue : Shanks
    But what about Vergo and his place in the Marines?
    Last edited by hoeru; January 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

  6. #20
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ikacantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Vergo is spy within Marine, I don't think he is supposed to be in front line unlike other crews.

  7. #21
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    One of kids from island somewhere in New World- island that was losing some kids to Cesar- said that Vergo once defeated pirates that attacked their island so I think that he is from time to time on frontlines when they need big "firepower". He is commander of base(I think that Momonga became one as well as we saw him sending forces after Strawhats were spotted on Sabaody Archipelago after time skip) but at same time he is Vice Admiral like Garp for example so he has freedom but what he is needing and using the most is his power of commanding big force of entire G5.
    I would like if Vergo will be said to be considered as one of candidates for Admiral after war when truth about him will be revealed by Smoker to some higher ups of Marines.

  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    card based piratecrew? that a little bit to farfetched dont u think?

    Spoiler show
    That is definitely some good memory there… In that case there might be some connection of Ace with that… And it might not be about Dofla’s crew.. It could be an organisation or a group of pirate crews ... At Dressrosa that elder person and that Fugly old woman were shown playing cards for that matter…

    But Ace’s pirate crew name being spade pirates could be a coincidence as well as the same just refers to Ace of Spade (the death card) because then we will try to say that this guy also could be related to Dofla -

    Spoiler show


    Also as someone pointed out.. the same will become repetitive.. As the concenpt has already been used in Movie-2

    Spoiler show


    So heart seat could be just heart pirates… which is related to the name “Death surgeon” indicating heart referring to the organ rather than deck of card … And joker is just the “Alias” so the same should not mean anything… Because most of the crew anyways calls him “young master” rather than “Joker” … which is his underground identity and not the identity within the group…

    ---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post

    Though how about the
    Spoiler show

    Will there be a connection with them?

    Marineford War:
    Spoiler show
    Just finished watching the Anime for Marineford war….
    Found all these scenes as canon –
    - Dofla approaching execution platform to execute Ace
    - Mihawk beating up Jinbei
    - Mihawk beating up everyone on the field
    - Mihawk running after luffy all the time

  9. #23
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    That is definitely some good memory there… In that case there might be some connection of Ace with that… And it might not be about Dofla’s crew.. It could be an organisation or a group of pirate crews ... At Dressrosa that elder person and that Fugly old woman were shown playing cards for that matter…

    But Ace’s pirate crew name being spade pirates could be a coincidence as well as the same just refers to Ace of Spade (the death card) because then we will try to say that this guy also could be related to Dofla -

    Spoiler show


    Also as someone pointed out.. the same will become repetitive.. As the concenpt has already been used in Movie-2

    Spoiler show


    So heart seat could be just heart pirates… which is related to the name “Death surgeon” indicating heart referring to the organ rather than deck of card … And joker is just the “Alias” so the same should not mean anything… Because most of the crew anyways calls him “young master” rather than “Joker” … which is his underground identity and not the identity within the group…

    ---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------


    Just finished watching the Anime for Marineford war….
    Found all these scenes as canon –
    - Dofla approaching execution platform to execute Ace
    - Mihawk beating up Jinbei
    - Mihawk beating up everyone on the field
    - Mihawk running after luffy all the time
    What episode for Doflamingo approaching execution platform? I would like to see that

  10. #24
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Wow. This got out of hand quickly. Does anyone else think it was just a pun?

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    What episode for Doflamingo approaching execution platform? I would like to see that
    Here. Crocodile prevented Ace's execution while Luffy was still trying to get passed the Admirals, on his way to the execution platform. After Crocodile prevented Ace's execution, Dofla shows up. He and Croc fight in front of the platform.

    Croc disarmed the headmen the page before Dofla appears, while Luffy was still trying to get past the Admirals, on his way to the platform. There is no reason to believe Dofla is there to execute Ace. He is at the base of the platform, waiting to fight Crocodile. Nowhere does he try and harm Ace, nor is there any hint he intended to. Never is shown on top of the platform, with Ace, or near him.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 25, 2013 at 05:32 PM.

  11. #25
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Thank you Kaiten.

    I knew that scene.. just thought that there was some filler after reading "If I remember correctly in the Marineford War, Doflamingo went near the Execution Platform and tried to execute Ace" by X3D2YFaust but it was just his bad memory.

  12. #26
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HEART SEAT!

    Seems to be a case of selective memory, nothing more. The War was an excuse for Dofla to amuse himself, while fulfilling his obligation as a Shichibukai. He didn't care about Ace, let lone try and execute him personally. I doubt anyone could link to anything suggesting otherwise.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts